R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #361
Tech Regular

Hello, can i ask. Do you make custom aluminium prop shafts or just the carbon ones. Also, do you make custom alloy diff halves. Thanks
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have not made any aluminum prop shafts, but I am pretty sure it could be done. Just need a donor shaft for the tips and would need to pick up some aluminum tube.

No plans to make custom diff halves at the moment. The setup costs to do custom work put it out of reach of most people. My regular job pays the bills so I usually stick with parts that I make for my own cars first.

Erik
ewippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #363
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What other custom parts do you make? As long as it isnt $100 for a bevel gear, I need some stuff made and if the price is good, we can make a deal.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #364
Tech Elite

PM me with a list of what you might be interested. I have yet to try gears (probably will not due to the multiple setups), but have made stand offs, drive shafts, lightend outdrives (start with stock parts), kydex bumpers. Can also make carbon fiber parts, but perfer not to as it cuts up bits like there is no tomorrow.

Erik
Old 08-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #365
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewippler View Post
PM me with a list of what you might be interested. I have yet to try gears (probably will not due to the multiple setups), but have made stand offs, drive shafts, lightend outdrives (start with stock parts), kydex bumpers. Can also make carbon fiber parts, but perfer not to as it cuts up bits like there is no tomorrow.

Erik

Wont have to PM this, this one is easy. For MY flagship car, the Pro4. I have aluminum outdrives already and one carbon fiber shaft with aluminum ends<--more of these will be good; guys in the Pro4/Yokomo/TC3 threads salivate for these. I run the 3.5 and not overly concerned with weight, so name the parts that are easiest to make and we can discuss what can be done for a deal. The only thing I wreck on the regular are the bevel gears and then the ring gears. If you start making those, the Pro4 will reclaim its spot at prominence lol. Thanks.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #366
Tech Elite

I have made 10-20 carbon fiber shafts for the HPI Pro4 with aluminum tips. My web site has a pic of ones I made in the past. $32 ea plus $3 shipping. I have not had them in stock for a while as the Xray and other belt cars have been in favor. COuld make a few in 2 weeks or so if interested.

No bevel gears planned at the moment. I had notions of making helical cut bevel gears for my TC3, but never followed through.

Erik
Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #367
Tech Master

If you go into gears, I have a package deal that might strike you as interesting...depending on how it fits in with your regular work schedule. If you get into gears, I'll take:

Two shafts
enough bevel gears that will round out the package to make it a complete $150 bucks. I know thats a tall order, so, figure this. If you start making gears, we can talk. I will stir the hornets nest with the Pro4 boys to see whats popping over there. They want to run their cars, but there are certain parts that need to be strengthened for them to pull em out of retirement.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #368
Tech Elite

Thanks for the vote of conifidence.
At this time, I am not set up to make gears, but I will let you know if that changes. I am surprised an aluminum gear set was not created. Would a Yokomo or TC3/TC4 gear set work? if so, I beleive someone has made those gears in aluminum.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 AM   #369
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks for the vote of conifidence.
At this time, I am not set up to make gears, but I will let you know if that changes. I am surprised an aluminum gear set was not created. Would a Yokomo or TC3/TC4 gear set work? if so, I beleive someone has made those gears in aluminum.

Not sure about Yokomo, but I know TC3 gears wont. I tried them when I owned a TC3. The AE delrin is supposedly stronger, but broke my heart when I couldnt quite get it to fit in the transmission case. It fit on the spindle, but wouldnt mesh just right. Yokomo, thats a thought.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #370
Tech Elite

Quote:
I have made 10-20 carbon fiber shafts for the HPI Pro4 with aluminum tips. My web site has a pic of ones I made in the past. $32 ea plus $3 shipping. I have not had them in stock for a while as the Xray and other belt cars have been in favor. COuld make a few in 2 weeks or so if interested.

No bevel gears planned at the moment. I had notions of making helical cut bevel gears for my TC3, but never followed through.

Erik
can you make one for tb evolution III????
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #371
Tech Master

I love the fact that Tamiya Evo V has upper and lower bulkheads in aluminum. I wish they had those for the Pro4

Old 08-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #372
Tech Regular

Tamiya Maniac: Utilizing the Evo IV shaft and front/rear cup you could probably make them fit the evo III with a range of bearings and bushings. Im using the front cup in the evo III for an offroad project
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #373
Tech Elite

EV0 5 is a fine machine. If I was still racing touring cars, I would give one a look for stock or 19T.

CF shafts for the EV0 III is not recommneded as there is really no gap front to back of the shaft. If the car is involved in a hard impact, the shaft will go into compression and likely splinter. I have seen it before in some of the older TC3s. If the car is converted to run a shaft similar to teh EV0 4 or 5, then it would work.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:46 PM   #374
Tech Regular

hpi & square made these for the pro4

dstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #375
Tech Master

dstyles, you probably have solved my problems. You got a url?