Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blinky 13.5 speedo/motor combis

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Blinky 13.5 speedo/motor combis

Hi guys currently running a Lrp works flow with a d4 motor. Seems to be lacking max gearing is 4.5.

Quick guys seem to all be running orcas ??

Peoples findings plz

Thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

So many things other than motor can cost you speed and consistency to be fast over the whole run. How big is your track? Are the fast guys running rpm or torque rotors? Do you have a good set up that carries lots of corner speed? If your running 6000mah packs get bigger capacity as a flat discharge curve of a 7200 pack is preferred even at the expense of some extra weight. If your gearing is restricted then Maybe a revvy motor like the thunder power or r1 wurks might work for you.

Although I've not run the orca I've run orion, HW, d4 and R1 motors this year and they all seem to be just as fast as each other but I have the luxury of unlimited gearing. I run on a decent size track so some motors are good at 4.5 while others need 3.8 or 4.2 to work with different degrees of can timing.

One thing I always gear for is lap time not speed. If your not topping out the car at 3/4 straight your over geared. Massive speed on the straight counts for nothing if you have 4 plus twisty corners as you spend more time in the corners than on the straight. If your running on a monster open nitro style track then different story, just run what the fast guys have.

If you can't beat them join them.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What timing are you running?

I have a maxzilla and a track mate a EM version - both of us run 3.9-4.1ish and it can take a lot of timing. Ran a night session a few weeks ago and I was seeing 55degC at basically maxed (on the marks, it has no limiter) timing.

At 4.5 FDR, what timing and what temps are you seeing?

Oh, and flow works here too.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Here's a link to the track http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7iklWRmerEo

I'm running a d4 maxzilla with lrp works flow speedo speedo does have original software on it...if that makes a difference.. Tried 50deg to 60deg timing and it just didn't feel like it had the rip brand new ip6000 90c cells.

Help
Old 12-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Now this is going to be interesting Ricky
I also need more speed
Hobbywing/ hobbywing
Old 12-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

My friends and I have a theory that Trinity motors and LRP speedos are not talking to each other right. I can produce absolutely no evidence whatsoever, but I know that my HW v3.1 gives me more performance from every motor I have than the LRP speedos, especially when comparing the speedos with Trinity motors fitted.

Some speedos seem to 'blink' faster than others...
Old 12-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
So many things other than motor can cost you speed and consistency to be fast over the whole run. How big is your track? Are the fast guys running rpm or torque rotors? Do you have a good set up that carries lots of corner speed? If your running 6000mah packs get bigger capacity as a flat discharge curve of a 7200 pack is preferred even at the expense of some extra weight. If your gearing is restricted then Maybe a revvy motor like the thunder power or r1 wurks might work for you.

Although I've not run the orca I've run orion, HW, d4 and R1 motors this year and they all seem to be just as fast as each other but I have the luxury of unlimited gearing. I run on a decent size track so some motors are good at 4.5 while others need 3.8 or 4.2 to work with different degrees of can timing.

One thing I always gear for is lap time not speed. If your not topping out the car at 3/4 straight your over geared. Massive speed on the straight counts for nothing if you have 4 plus twisty corners as you spend more time in the corners than on the straight. If your running on a monster open nitro style track then different story, just run what the fast guys have.

If you can't beat them join them.
Just Run what they run …. you will sleep better at night.