Traxxas rustler

Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas rustler

someone in my neighborhood just gave me an old traxxas rustler (there not sure what year). i was driving it around when it started to make a strange clicking noise, particularly when i started or stopped driving. i stopped using it but my nephew pulled it out and ran it and it stopped working at all. the engine would turn but the wheels wouldn't engage. i took it apart cuz i thought it was the gears, but i cant find anything wrong with them. none of them are worn, or out of place. does anyone know what the heck could have happened? im new to pretty much all things rc, but i really want to learn

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It is probably the pin on the idler gear is broken. Take the slipper and spin it. If it spins freely then you need to replace it. Take the trans apart and remember what goes where to fix it. About 20-45min depending on skill