Old 09-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowbunnyrc
Under 300 dollars MSRP.....interesting.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The car actually looks pretty good but its hard to say what the plastics will be like. If the quality is very good and plastic is good it might be just what TC needs...A GREAT entry cost TC that performs!

EA
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Under 300 dollars MSRP.....interesting.
It does look interesting. I know there is a lot of blur in kits and building but it looks like little bits of this kit and that kit put together. It looks pretty cool.
Tech Elite

As ever, not very original, I can see elements of most of the popular touring cars in it. If the quality is right then it looks good value (their diffs haven't been a complete success).

I do like the fan mount though.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

This car was clearly copied and cookie cut from the Kyosho tf6 sp rite down to the exact suspension blocks LOL...geez i guess we all really got to give it to oleg babich he seems to be the only one who can actually come out with something new innovative and hasnt been re-engineered..lol
Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's been said before and will be said again, all the cars may look close but don't perform close. Way to many variables. But why wouldn't you start with something that works and put your own touches on it?theres only so many ways to do something like this.

While I do admire the engineers at companies like Awesomatix, look at the price of their car. Yeah, it's way different but it's way different in price. If the Spec-R car can perform well enough for the newer guys, and maybe some seasoned veterans, why hate on it because it's cheap?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

but still at that price. if the plastics are decent it looks like a good deal!

Matt
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
This car was clearly copied and cookie cut from the Kyosho tf6 sp rite down to the exact suspension blocks LOL...geez i guess we all really got to give it to oleg babich he seems to be the only one who can actually come out with something new innovative and hasnt been re-engineered..lol
Unlike the kyosho onroad car's the Spec R will make to the USA.

I was a huge kyosho off road buggy fan and wanted a kyosho onroad but no one would bring them in the the USA.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
ohhh..snap...
but so darn true...

I will say the days of $500+ touring cars are numbered...the closer to $300 the better.

this car might be a step forward....time will tell.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

I was a huge kyosho off road buggy fan and wanted a kyosho onroad but no one would bring them in the the USA.
I live in canada and i have a kyosho tf6 spand would rather have the real thing then this kyosho knock off...and i can get kyosho tf6 sp parts shipped to my front door in 6 business days....not hard if you really want one
Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
I live in canada and i have a kyosho tf6 spand would rather have the real thing then this kyosho knock off...and i can get kyosho tf6 sp parts shipped to my front door in 6 business days....not hard if you really want one
If my LHS cant get it then I really dont want it. So I guess you're right i didnt want it that bad. I hope People find success with this car. i'm all about the more the merrier and if another lower cost car on the market helps then big props to the companies trying!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I suspect that after the drive train is beefed up it will be OK. The atomic (I.e. spec-r) mini 4wd is a lot of fun once an xray 34t spool and diff are dropped in..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
As ever, not very original, I can see elements of most of the popular touring cars in it. If the quality is right then it looks good value (their diffs haven't been a complete success).

I do like the fan mount though.
I don't want original...I want good at a reasonable price...you guys (not you specifically) can keep the funny looking high maintenance touring cars that don't make anyone any faster or slower. It makes sense to leverage what is already working, being original is very expensive and usually leads to some impulse buys by some and then flounders in the market after the initial wow factor wears off.

It seems to me like they got a lot right from the outside looking in on this car. Who knows how good it will be, but I think they went the right way which is a lower cost kit with all of the features expected in Luxury touring cars.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

If my LHS cant get it then I really dont want it. So I guess you're right i didnt want it that bad. I hope People find success with this car. i'm all about the more the merrier and if another lower cost car on the market helps then big props to the companies trying!
Hey absoluetly on the LHS support ....and yes if things can get cheaper in this hobby its better for everyone.

I have just found in my own experience that you get what you pay for in this hobby and do see a difference in the cheap to expensive kits ,parts etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.