R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #121
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
This car looks promising. Great price point and good features. This is a great way for someone getting started to get into a competive car without breaking the bank. Can't wait to see the performance of one of these at my track.
I can't wait to see some feedback from the drivers too. Since its based on the best bits of the 417 and TF6 its gotta work well.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #122
Tech Adept

Anyone got one, assembled it and tested it on the road?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Just got my kit in the mail today.. I am very impressed and surprised at the quality of the parts in the kit.will have on the track on the next club race which will be on the 20th.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #124
Tech Elite

I built the car minus the shocks and i must say that i am still very impressed with the quality and what is included in the price! there were 2 things that i was not happy with tho but i found fixs for both.

#1 tower mounts are flat on the bottom and dont allow proper clearance for the plastic bearing tensioner caps . so if you tightem one of the screws on the tower mounts the other side is not touching the bulkhead. so i used four .015" shims to go between the tower mounts and the bulkheads.

#2 is actually a more serious issue and i feel it is a design flaw. the layshaft assembly when put together via instructions they say to use (1) 5x7x.5mm spacer on each side of the spur gear assembly . but you will get a ton of side to side play that in my opinion is not acceptable. I ended up going to the hobby shop and picking up a pack of traxxas 5x8x.5mm teflon shims part #1985 and installed 2 shims on each side of the assembly and problem solved!!

just thought i would pass along the info. but am super happy with the rest of the car !
Old 10-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #125
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good info. I've bot the chassis sanded and edges glued but not much else. (the GF kicked me off the table to sew a costume for the kid... :-S )
Xenolance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #126
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
I built the car minus the shocks and i must say that i am still very impressed with the quality and what is included in the price! there were 2 things that i was not happy with tho but i found fixs for both.

#1 tower mounts are flat on the bottom and dont allow proper clearance for the plastic bearing tensioner caps . so if you tightem one of the screws on the tower mounts the other side is not touching the bulkhead. so i used four .015" shims to go between the tower mounts and the bulkheads.

#2 is actually a more serious issue and i feel it is a design flaw. the layshaft assembly when put together via instructions they say to use (1) 5x7x.5mm spacer on each side of the spur gear assembly . but you will get a ton of side to side play that in my opinion is not acceptable. I ended up going to the hobby shop and picking up a pack of traxxas 5x8x.5mm teflon shims part #1985 and installed 2 shims on each side of the assembly and problem solved!!

just thought i would pass along the info. but am super happy with the rest of the car !
# 2 can be solved by using 5X8X2.5mm flanged bearing (same as the bearing in streeing rack) + 0.3 spacer at both end.
mos-leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #127
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos-leung View Post
# 2 can be solved by using 5X8X2.5mm flaged bearing (same as the bearing in streeing rack) + 0.3 spacer at both end.
I was thinking the same thing , but it was only $2 for the shims. I am going to make a new layshaft setup that will need no shims and will be easier to deal with for changing spur gears.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #128
Tech Adept

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing , but it was only $2 for the shims. I am going to make a new layshaft setup that will need no shims and will be easier to deal with for changing spur gears.
Would you be able to post a picture of this? I'm going to assemble mine this weekend and would like to see what to look for.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Put it together as per the instructions and you will see. As of right now I don't feel like taking it back apart. Sorry.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #130
Tech Adept

anypictures?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #131
Tech Elite

i have a couple but i have not setup the camber or toe or anything on it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Spec-R R1-1.jpg   Spec-R R1-2.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #132
Tech Regular

Quote:
i have a couple but i have not setup the camber or toe or anything on it yet.
Any ideas as to what the car weighs raceready?
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #133
Tech Adept

I will put mine on a postage scale Monday unless I can find one before I come back to work.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #134
Tech Elite

i will know later tonight what the race ready wieght will be as i am waiting on a battery to come in the mail today. and i need to pick up a body for it. if the battery shows up i am going to race it tomorrow morning.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #135
Tech Elite

So I went to the track today for some practice to break in the new car and all I can say is that this thing is great!!! Box stock setup was easy to drive and felt.pretty good. I made a few changes to fit my driving style and I will post the.setup but this car is right there with the rest of the crowd in terms of performance I am actually blown.away with how good it is out of the box. Very happy I made the decision to get this car. I like it more than my tc6 I previously had.