R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #736
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Has anyone tried the Spec R 10th scale sedan body? What did you think? I have the Spec R mini sedan body and it works good! Just thinking about trying out the 10th scale one.
I Get My bodies from Speed passion USA , they are Mazda Speed 09 clones and they are only $6.75 a piece right now on there web site. Great Deal!!!
I think they have a few left but they will be getting some in soon.
XRAY T3R
Speed Passion USA
BigC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #737
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What would be a good place to start gearing with a 21.5 on a small technical carpet track?
goodhews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #738
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhews View Post
What would be a good place to start gearing with a 21.5 on a small technical carpet track?
You should always gear to temp. But assuming you are running blinky mod/ non-programmable ESC with a fan, I usually start around 4.2 FDR -temp the motor => OK= add motor timing -temp the motor => OK add 1-2 teeth to pinion - temp the motor. Drag brake and driving style can also affect the running temp .
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC123 View Post
I Get My bodies from Speed passion USA , they are Mazda Speed 09 clones and they are only $6.75 a piece right now on there web site. Great Deal!!!
I think they have a few left but they will be getting some in soon.
Wow! Pretty cheap! Dont know if thats a good thing or not, but worth trying! Maybe good for club racing! Thanks
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #740
Tech Adept

Hi ! I was running 10.5t the other week with my R1 and was doing some fantastic laps. Even some of the A main drivers was amaze however after a few rounds I totally ran out speed and punch, thought was some ESC issue. Checked and the gear diff was totally gone. I open up the diff cups and found the gears totally worned. I've ordered a few packs of the gear set. I find that gears are smaller compare to others eg. Sakura. Is the new pack will be tougher ?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #741
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Wow! Pretty cheap! Dont know if thats a good thing or not, but worth trying! Maybe good for club racing! Thanks
I have used them and it's excellent value and to me good quality. I have done back to back testing with the PF speed 6 and have found little difference, but I still prefer the LTCR for most of the tracks that I run on. There are optional wings that are included too.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #742
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK416 View Post
Hi ! I was running 10.5t the other week with my R1 and was doing some fantastic laps. Even some of the A main drivers was amaze however after a few rounds I totally ran out speed and punch, thought was some ESC issue. Checked and the gear diff was totally gone. I open up the diff cups and found the gears totally worned. I've ordered a few packs of the gear set. I find that gears are smaller compare to others eg. Sakura. Is the new pack will be tougher ?
Next time you build the diff make sure that the gears mesh correctly, you might have to add a few shims to make sure. Some of us have had to shim it, some haven't, just keep it in mind.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #743
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK416 View Post
I was running a 4.0 with boost and this happened to me at my last race but I just went to speedtechhobbies.com and ordered the steel gear diff gear set for the 417. Which there geardiff is made by spec r and they should drop right in .
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #744
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
I was running a 4.0 with boost and this happened to me at my last race but I just went to speedtechhobbies.com and ordered the steel gear diff gear set for the 417. Which there geardiff is made by spec r and they should drop right in .
Yeah ! I was thinking for steel gear diff too !Thx !
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #745
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Has anyone upgraded the shock set on their S1 to the R1 shocks? I'm looking for one red shock cap as one of mine split and I now have one leaky shock. Anyone?
I heard back from Spec-R on the issue of my split shock cap, and they expect me to buy a replacement. As a special favor they will sell me one shock cap for $8 shipped. I was hoping for a free replacement.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #746
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I heard back from Spec-R on the issue of my split shock cap, and they expect me to buy a replacement. As a special favor they will sell me one shock cap for $8 shipped. I was hoping for a free replacement.

If it were more of an issue I am sure they would have replaced it for free. However I do not believe there has been anyone else, or very few that have had a cap split.
Damon_English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #747
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon_English View Post
If it were more of an issue I am sure they would have replaced it for free. However I do not believe there has been anyone else, or very few that have had a cap split.
That and they don't know for sure what caused it. In this case it may have just been defective but if they replace it for free, people will start asking for replacement parts that they've broken. If it was split before you built the car I'd expect they would have sent one out for free too, but when you've built the car and run it they cant be 100% sure you didn't damage it. Not saying you did, but you can understand their decision.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Spec-R Carbon Graphite Bumper Holder is in stock now.

FYI, Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #749
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Shafts and tie rods

Just bought a S1 and n the midst of assembling.
Ran a T3 11' prior.
A couple of questions,
1) Anyone has limited travel or rather stiff (vertically)front and rear arms with e standard 50mm shafts and recommended tie rods lengths? If so, what is the recommended remedy?
2) I seem to have problems securely a shock cap tightly on one of my shocks. Anyone has issues? Recommended or suggested remedy?
3) Read that some of u use additional flange bearings 5x8x2.5..improved fit and performance?
4) Recommended to run with some slop in the front and rear arms or fill the gaps with spacers?

Appreciate your inputs.
Thanks.
handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #750
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by handiman View Post
Just bought a S1 and n the midst of assembling.
Ran a T3 11' prior.
A couple of questions,
1) Anyone has limited travel or rather stiff (vertically)front and rear arms with e standard 50mm shafts and recommended tie rods lengths? If so, what is the recommended remedy?
2) I seem to have problems securely a shock cap tightly on one of my shocks. Anyone has issues? Recommended or suggested remedy?
3) Read that some of u use additional flange bearings 5x8x2.5..improved fit and performance?
4) Recommended to run with some slop in the front and rear arms or fill the gaps with spacers?

Appreciate your inputs.
Thanks.
1) No, not had any issues with that. Have you checked to see what's causing the issue?

2) Not had that issue, SteveM had one crack, perhaps your one has done the same?

3) Flanged bearings take up the slop in the layshaft, there are also longer bushings available from Spec-R to do the same job, although they can cause issues with thicker spur gears.

4) Run them as tight as you can before it restricts the movement. If you have to have a slight gap to make sure the arms move completely freely then run that - I found the kit spacers were fine at the rear but the front 3mm spacers needed a quick rub on a file/sandpaper to get everything nice and free.