R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

More R1/S1 parts and S1 kits are back in stock.

FYI, Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just placed my order!!
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

So yesterday I decided to try some n3w things and the car is now the best it has been . So far every time I have raced the car gets better the more things I try. I am now running a front gear diff packed with silicone ear plugs. And I also changed the trackwidth of the car by widening the arm mounts by 2mm which gives me 1mm wider on eachside of the car as my last setup I used 1mm hex spacers but I got rid of them and widened the arm mounts to get the same track width. And traction came up and the car was more responsive so I went to 1.5 front camber to mellow out the front. And put the rear shocks at hole #5 to give the rear more stability. The car is now the best its been and won the mod Amain with this setup. My club has a lot of talent so its super competitive.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #559
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
So yesterday I decided to try some n3w things and the car is now the best it has been . So far every time I have raced the car gets better the more things I try. I am now running a front gear diff packed with silicone ear plugs. And I also changed the trackwidth of the car by widening the arm mounts by 2mm which gives me 1mm wider on eachside of the car as my last setup I used 1mm hex spacers but I got rid of them and widened the arm mounts to get the same track width. And traction came up and the car was more responsive so I went to 1.5 front camber to mellow out the front. And put the rear shocks at hole #5 to give the rear more stability. The car is now the best its been and won the mod Amain with this setup. My club has a lot of talent so its super competitive.
Very nice Jeff!
Silicone Earplugs? never heard of that before!

"He's a Picasso with an Allen wrench." -Guffinator
Xenolance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #560
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolance View Post
Very nice Jeff!
Silicone Earplugs? never heard of that before!
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/arc/...earDiffTuning/
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #561
Tech Adept

Ha! never would have thought of that! Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #562
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I ran my R1 in a club race today, using a setup of very similar to the Asphault setup posted on petit RC. The exception being HPI blue springs instead of the SPR 6.25 springs in the front and 3* rear toe. Also 17.5 with Solaris premount hard tires. The experience I had was a bit odd in that at the beginning of the run the car was great but as the race went of the back end got very loose. As if the tires had overheated and become greasy. The tires don't show any blistering but I don't know where else to look with the feel changing throughout the 6 minute run. Possibly the extra rear toe is causing too much friction and overheating the tires? Anyone have a better starting point for asphault?

This is where I started:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spec...yPark20121104/
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #563
Tech Regular

Hello

Are you shore you not loosing oil from the gear diff?
spencehotbodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #564
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

It seems to be holding oil, it ran fine at the beginning of both qualifiers and the main then lost grip later in each, maybe the oil is breaking down?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #565
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

Well I had my 2nd "big meeting" with the car, at EWS again (most competitive winter series in uk)
Again in 21.5, qualifying was "ok" missing out on TQ by 0.2 in the last qual (in round by round format best 3 from 5 to count)

Car was great, I changed a couple of things from my set up from last time, which I'll update and post later today.
With only a single final it's always difficult, my final was over effectively during the first corner where I was piled through by P3 car, then on lap 2 getting hit by a recovering car and popping the rear shock off. I lost 17 seconds in the first 2 laps :-/ (on a 14 second lap)
Managed to pull my way back up to 4th.
The car was really competitive which Im happy about.

Here the video (I'm the 2nd white car (p2))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-w0T...e_gdata_player

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #566
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
Well I had my 2nd "big meeting" with the car, at EWS again (most competitive winter series in uk)
Again in 21.5, qualifying was "ok" missing out on TQ by 0.2 in the last qual (in round by round format best 3 from 5 to count)

Car was great, I changed a couple of things from my set up from last time, which I'll update and post later today.
With only a single final it's always difficult, my final was over effectively during the first corner where I was piled through by P3 car, then on lap 2 getting hit by a recovering car and popping the rear shock off. I lost 17 seconds in the first 2 laps :-/ (on a 14 second lap)

Hey Luke I sent you a PM, not sure if you noticed it or not, would you take a look if you didn't see it please?

Great driving in the video though! Sucks about the shock :-(

Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #567
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

hi david, yeah only just noticed.. opps.
i know it sounds bad but im not 100% sure on the chap who does the videos name, your best bet would be to message him on youtube to get a copy of the it.

by the way all, blog is updated and hopefully my set up is read-able, if not im sure Arno will update a pdf and put it on petit rc.

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #568
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)

I had my S1 out yesterday at my club's indoor carpet track for its second race event. I was TQ and won the A-main two weeks ago in the 17.5 blinky class and I was stoked for a repeat.

I was getting in some practice laps early in the morning when the front lower bumper shattered. I've seen these bend and break on other cars, but this thing shattered like glass. I did bump a board or two but all were glancing blows taken on the side of the car with no damage. My day was done before it even began and I was pretty disappointed.

I have my first order on the way from TQ but still nothing. I placed order #2 yesterday for a replacement bumper and a few other goodies but I doubt I'll see anything before my next club race on dec 29th. I'm pretty bummed out. Anyone ever had a lower front bumper shatter like that?
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #569
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post

Yup. That looks like typical stock class driving lol.

Good driving to get back to 4th Luke!
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
Jeff, I could really see the improvement this time. Usually you're right there with Kody on fast lap, but you tend to give up several seconds over a run due to mistakes. Your driving style is usually super aggressive, and looks a bit wild. However, this time your lines were really smooth, tight, and controlled, with mistake-free runs. Nice work.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote