R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #3916
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeee View Post
rcmart are showing the R2 kits back in stock. I hope this means we're BACK?!

hello, I'm driver for specr.there are some problems with the supplier for the plastic parts.those were very weak so now they want to improve it .I spoke with spec R That everybody ask for parts,the guys are doing there best to stock the new parts for the riders.i hope i help you guys a little best regards ruud
Ruudned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #3917
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Roller for sale

:FS: RTR Spec-R-S1 USGT Autobacs HSV-010 Tekin 21.5T/Rs Touring Car
Old 02-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #3918
Tech Regular

Just purchased an S2 with aluminum wheel hexes and a few spare arms. Just getting back into the hobby for first time since a '99-'05 stint. No clue what else this car needs to be squared away for decent 17.5 class competition? All I could read through and determine was that there are a lot of varying opinions on which parts need to be converted to aluminum etc. :\ I will see how it runs sometime in the near future
007yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:24 AM   #3919
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Spec-R S1 fully upgraded to R1, ready to race.

End of RC career sale! EP TC's and F1
13Snoopy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #3920
Tech Regular

Finally put the S2 together and am pretty upset.

The car went together great and is a really solid kit, BUT why are there 4 button screws (m3x6) missing (no I don't just lose screws or any parts really), and why are both front body posts missing? Last, 2 of the 4 wheel locknuts have no plastic locking ring inside it... really?

I go to check all internet shops and every single one is sold out on the body posts. Spec-R hasnt responded. So I have to pay 4-6$ for screws and 8$ for body posts on top of the price for the kit. Now I have to find out how to deal with the locknut issue. Excellent...

At least I found a few pleasant surprises with red turnbuckles instead of black, red layshaft instead of black, and pre-assembled CVAs which were all apparently not supposed to be supplied in this kit

SIDE QUESTION, how best to fix a slightly non-centered spur gear? Would just tightening the screws on certain parts be good enough or is it possible due to a non-straight spur gear? Having fits with it getting to spin true, so far just fiddling with loosening or tightening the screws on it
Old 03-06-2017, 07:54 AM   #3921
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007yoshi View Post
Finally put the S2 together and am pretty upset.

The car went together great and is a really solid kit, BUT why are there 4 button screws (m3x6) missing (no I don't just lose screws or any parts really), and why are both front body posts missing? Last, 2 of the 4 wheel locknuts have no plastic locking ring inside it... really?

I go to check all internet shops and every single one is sold out on the body posts. Spec-R hasnt responded. So I have to pay 4-6$ for screws and 8$ for body posts on top of the price for the kit. Now I have to find out how to deal with the locknut issue. Excellent...

At least I found a few pleasant surprises with red turnbuckles instead of black, red layshaft instead of black, and pre-assembled CVAs which were all apparently not supposed to be supplied in this kit

SIDE QUESTION, how best to fix a slightly non-centered spur gear? Would just tightening the screws on certain parts be good enough or is it possible due to a non-straight spur gear? Having fits with it getting to spin true, so far just fiddling with loosening or tightening the screws on it
Not sure how to fix that, maybe a new spur gear.

I will say I owned one of these for about a race day.

They are the most fragile RC I have ever owned. Be prepared to break shit, on the littlest of taps.

It's not a Tamiya or Yokomo that is for sure.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #3922
Tech Regular

Well crap. I couldnt afford anything better 450$ budget to start from scratch and that is literally starting from nothing.

Was afraid of going TC4 though, something about shaft drive doesnt gel with me. Maybe I shouldve gone with the Schumacher Mi1v2 :\
Old 03-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #3923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

My main issue was the frailness of the arms and C-hubs.

Good thing is you can replace them with Xray parts but that just moves your issue deeper into the chassis.

I think they did some work on the plastic as it was an issue on the earlier kits.

I look at them like a dodge, they can be nice, you just have to be very careful with them.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #3924
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
My main issue was the frailness of the arms and C-hubs.

Good thing is you can replace them with Xray parts but that just moves your issue deeper into the chassis.

I think they did some work on the plastic as it was an issue on the earlier kits.

I look at them like a dodge, they can be nice, you just have to be very careful with them.
Gotcha, thanks. I did buy a few A arms just in case, but will go with Xray parts where I can from now on.