Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #376
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bappe View Post
nice, i hope my car arrives here before the weekend so i can start testing it
will start with jeffs setup

where can i buy the floating servomount?
also what rates are the included springs?
ReflexRacing should have the servo mount in stock by the middle of the week. TQ RC Racing should have it restocked soon.

As for the Spring rate, I have no clue. they aren't listed in the manual or on the Spec-R site.

"He's a Picasso with an Allen wrench." -Guffinator
Xenolance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #377
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

Here's the video of my A main at the weekend, I'm the white car starting in 5th,

This is 21.5 boosted class at the EWS, huge track 35m x 22m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yEHp...e_gdata_player

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #378
Tech Adept

Made a few tweaks to my S1 today - got some flanged bearings, layshaft is perfect now. Just need to whip the soldering iron out and get the electronics sorted seen as I now have everything. Possibly thinking of getting the servo mount, my current setup is somewhat wedged in between the plastic posts. Wondering if the RSD battery hold down would fit alright too, not a huge fan of the velcro and plastic the car comes with - nor tape for that matter.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #379
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
Here's the video of my A main at the weekend, I'm the white car starting in 5th,

This is 21.5 boosted class at the EWS, huge track 35m x 22m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yEHp...e_gdata_player
Damn amazing driving Luke! Makes me wanna come race with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi0n View Post
Made a few tweaks to my S1 today - got some flanged bearings, layshaft is perfect now. Just need to whip the soldering iron out and get the electronics sorted seen as I now have everything. Possibly thinking of getting the servo mount, my current setup is somewhat wedged in between the plastic posts. Wondering if the RSD battery hold down would fit alright too, not a huge fan of the velcro and plastic the car comes with - nor tape for that matter.
I will find out for you Saturday at our next Race, I'm friends with Christian so I'll get one from him and test it out, Wish I would of thought about it today as I was just over by his house. Thanksgiving is this week so no racing until after Thursday this week.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

R1 servo mount, sway bar, and other parts & hopups are resocked.
www.tqrcracing.com

FYI, thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #381
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

S1 and R1 arrived today... Started to build the R1 first...
SWEEP RACING
SMC
Darrin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #382
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

I picked up my S1 today from the post office and the build starts soon.

Last edited by SteveM; 12-24-2015 at 07:58 AM.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #383
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Sky

What does everyone do with servo savers? I notice the R1 doesn't have a built-in one like the X-ray. Thanks.
Blue Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #384
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What is everyone using for a battery stop solution on the center of the chassis? Unless I am missing something, there is nothing included with the kit to stop the battery from moving inward and coming in contact with the belt. I love the idea of including the Velcro strap with the kit. But, without a hard stop on the inside of the battery there is nothing to stop it from moving in and interfering with the belt.

I noticed there are a few unused holes in the center of the chassis and was wondering if anyone has tried using the Tamiya battery holder. If the holes line up, it looks like it should work. http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2983

Any feedback would be appreciated.
puhrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #385
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
What does everyone do with servo savers? I notice the R1 doesn't have a built-in one like the X-ray. Thanks.
You will most likely want to pick up a servo saver. On my first day out with the R1 in VTA configuration, I had some pretty good crashes and the only casualty was the stock servo arm in the kit. I am currently using a generic Kimbrough servo saver. But, if you have the means, I would highly recommend the Xray servo saver.
puhrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #386
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by puhrot View Post
What is everyone using for a battery stop solution on the center of the chassis? Unless I am missing something, there is nothing included with the kit to stop the battery from moving inward and coming in contact with the belt. I love the idea of including the Velcro strap with the kit. But, without a hard stop on the inside of the battery there is nothing to stop it from moving in and interfering with the belt.

I noticed there are a few unused holes in the center of the chassis and was wondering if anyone has tried using the Tamiya battery holder. If the holes line up, it looks like it should work. http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2983

Any feedback would be appreciated.
there are 2 screw u need to use

1 screw for the servo mount
1 screw under the motor mount.

put screw in this 2 place will help u stop d batt from moving inside..

pls double check with d manual..
Old 11-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #387
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

Just a quick note that I haven't mentioned before regarding durability.

At the weekend I had a few knocks, not many but the ones I had were quite hard, and with the fast flowing nature of the track, most accidents had, would normally be car breakers, I think I saw most of the other brands break something or another during the day.
I mainly had issues clipping the odd bit of pipe or a stationary car in middle of the track.
Glad to report that I broke nothing, and to be honest, some of the accidents I had, I was expecting to break at least a hub.

Seems to be quite a strong wagon

A full updated set up sheet is on Petit RC now and I will be adding it to my blog also.

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #388
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
Just a quick note that I haven't mentioned before regarding durability.

At the weekend I had a few knocks, not many but the ones I had were quite hard, and with the fast flowing nature of the track, most accidents had, would normally be car breakers, I think I saw most of the other brands break something or another during the day.
I mainly had issues clipping the odd bit of pipe or a stationary car in middle of the track.
Glad to report that I broke nothing, and to be honest, some of the accidents I had, I was expecting to break at least a hub.

Seems to be quite a strong wagon

A full updated set up sheet is on Petit RC now and I will be adding it to my blog also.
This is my experience also. I have managed to launch the car into a sturdy wood fence 4 feet off the at full speed airborne and only broke a outer hinge pin that still held up till the end of the night! It fell out in a practice run after the mains were over.

I also ramped it off a metal dot under the drivers stand into a concrete wall and not a scratch. I took it all apart just to see if anything was cracked, warped, etc. All my pins were perfect and the plastics didn't show any signs of cracking, etc.

Simply the toughest car I've ever ran.

Last edited by Xenolance; 11-21-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #389
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm currently midway through assembly of an S1; I've never built a belt drive TC before, How much resistance is there with the front spool and rear diff installed? If I spin the spur it does not 'free wheel' at all and feels rather tight? do I have a bind somewhere already?!?
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #390
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
I'm currently midway through assembly of an S1; I've never built a belt drive TC before, How much resistance is there with the front spool and rear diff installed? If I spin the spur it does not 'free wheel' at all and feels rather tight? do I have a bind somewhere already?!?
Most likely the spur gear adapter rubbing the top deck, especially if you used a Kimbro spur. The other option is the belt is set too tightly. There should be adjustment directions in the manual, the S1 requires a bit more tightness than the R1, you basically want it to where it just barely "taught" until you get it broke in. The S1 also will have slightly more rolling resistance just due to the plastic components. Ensure you don't have a bearing holder binding and that the bearings are fully seated in the holder and the hold itself is not being pinched.

Another thing may be the layshaft. On the S1 the Layshaft mount is thinner, so check the plastic bushing that goes through each mount as it may be pinching the bearings in the Spur gear adapter. If you have shims in there, try removing them. I made the mistake of shimming under the Red spacer too tightly and it caused a bind when I tightened it down.

I beveled the edges of my top deck to allow the spur adapter proper clearance with a Kimbro.