R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #3511
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

i have my old ltcr if your in a bind. front end is all smashed up since summer but doesn't stop me from laying out the smack at club racing.
ill prob be running blakes s2 for touring stock just for an extra class.
my focus more on pancars for wcics 5 but mod tc has received a lot of attention as well.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:18 AM   #3512
DBM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the offer the your extra body. I do have a new unpainted ltcr that I could bring as a spare, although I find the ltcr to be a bit too unstable for me. My driving skills are still quite noobish so I need all of the stability I can get...lol.

Can anyone recommend alternate shock bladders to the spec-r ones? Mine are always leaking. I even machined down the upper shock cap a bit to get more clamping force on the bladder, but they still leak.

Ran the red doodle firebird on the custom aluminum chassis for the first time today. The car handled well and drove great, but it really seemed to bind up in sharp corners (we run on a tight tiny track), so I installed a front diff in it tonight. Hopefully the track is open for practice on Tuesday so that I can try it again.

The front upper ball cups popped off on me twice today on light wall taps. They are tamiya ball cups that I have had on the car since I started racing in March. I installed new ones when I installed the front diff.

I think my 21.5t trackstar motor might be on its way out. It seems to have much less grunt than it used to have. I acquired it used on a trade, and I think it might have had a few looong practices runs by the previous owner, so it might have gotten a bit hot, but I don't know for sure. I was hoping to buy a revtech killshot from a local guy but it sold before I could get it. Doh! Not sure what else I could get for a 21.5 before leaving for Victoria.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #3513
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

I ordered a set of yokomo bladders to try. Never had issue with the top of the shocks leaking but the bottoms sure do. Also gonna try yokomo orings.
Funny. In 17.5 I can never get enougj steering lol. My car is so aggressive and has sooo much turnin its offputting to most. Kind of a side effect of trying to get as much mod steering as possible.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
Old 12-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #3514
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I use 3Racings bladders and TOP 30* green orings in my shocks. Got over a season on them and multiple rebuilds with no leaking.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #3515
Tech Apprentice

So with the R2 set to release next week, who plans on getting one? My local shop is putting in their order and they will have one coming for me!! I'm pretty excited for it!
Butler02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #3516
DBM
Tech Addict

I ordered a set of tamiya bladders and two sets of c-hubs. They are being rush shipped to Victoria. Hopefully they get there before Friday. I go through so many bloody c-hubs these days. Thats what happens when you use aluminum steering blocks, eh?
Painted up my spare LTCR body. Hopefully I don't need it.
Attached Thumbnails
Spec-R R1-20150103_001021%7E01.jpg  
Old 01-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #3517
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am probably jinxing myself... but I am continually amazed at how tough and reliable these cars are. I bought a bunch of spares and they just sit in my box.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #3518
Tech Elite

id LOOOOOVE to get an r2 right away.. but ill prob have to wait til outdoor season. spent quite a bit preparing for wcics 5 as it is, and after the race, i prob wont wanna spend on rc for a bit. but if tq gets them in in feb and the price is the $289, i could end up with one pretty soon me thinks.

still waiting on a few parts to get my r1pro refreshed for my big race. just painting bodies atm.
ps, matrix hobbies/blake carries spec r locally. he doesnt have a TON of stuff but steering blocks, chubs ect. i think he had some belts and hingpins and little stuff. I have shitloads of arms and random stuff so come see me if something goes bad.

durability wise heh.. i break steering blocks quite often, but its always in modified. stock i dont really touch the car a lot. if its fast in mod its usually fast enough for stock heh.
ill also be running his s2 in touring stock. hoping to not make any setup changes to it but him and i are very different in our stock setups.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #3519
DBM
Tech Addict

Good to hear there will be guys with spare spec-r parts if I ever need anything. At the previous few WCICS events that I've been to, I'm usually the only guy running spec-r.

I modified a couple of right c hubs into left c hubs by filling the pivot hole with jb weld and redrilling it. If I break more than two c hubs, I should probably just pack up my stuff and just take photos.

At the airdrie wcics race, I ran my S1 in CTA, my R1 in mod, and my D06 in stock. It was my first time running mod. The r1 did fine, but my speedo was having issues (the more boost I ran, the worse the brakes got). I parked the car after two qualufying rounds.....I was having to start slowing down so early on the straight that I was going to cause a wreck.

A guy wanted to buy my S1, so I converted my R1 into my CTA car. Then the guy backed out of buying my S1, so I won't be running mod in Victoria. Probably best that way since I'm pretty slow in the faster classes.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #3520
Tech Elite

I ran a 4.5 in s1 for ages lol. You would'nt be missing out really s1 has tons of flex and is quite good for mod.
And trust me, mod is quite varied at our race. Sure we have korgae and blake and the like, but a lot of stock guys just boost their stock cars to run an extra class. Our rounds are about 4 hrs heh.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #3521
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a great VTA setup..
FS: Spec-R R1
Pinebox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #3522
Tech Elite

Got my refresh package yesterday. r1 got new shock parts including yokomo YOKYS-7HG YOKYS-8HD.
more reistance than the spec r low friction parts i was running but no leaks and still very smooth.
i might look at some coated shafts in the future that fit the guides a little better. tamiya would prob drop right in.

also added hard plastics and low friction belts.

rest of the parts are to rebuild the front ends of my vbc pancars.. getting to that tonight.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #3523
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where can I get an aluminum chassis for the spec r1? Thanks
Infamous 1ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #3524
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone no if I can use the r1 aluminum rear solid arm mount with the 2 seperate plastic rear s1 mounts and r1 adapters and get 3 toe in ? Thanks.
rtenzo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #3525
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtenzo02 View Post
Does anyone no if I can use the r1 aluminum rear solid arm mount with the 2 seperate plastic rear s1 mounts and r1 adapters and get 3 toe in ? Thanks.
Yes - all the same between the two cars.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote