R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #2866
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Basically spec r has given us a ton of options with the inserts without having to buy aluminum blocks if you want more or less toe.
These blocks also allow adjustment of trackwidth and forward arm sweep.
The four dot inserts would ve default in the front and you could adjust toe out on the turnbuckles as per most other cars or you could have inboard toe, much like we see common in the rear of most tc.
Its versatile but just a few more things to keep track of.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #2867
Tech Addict

I understand toe, but that didn't help!

Keep in mind, this only applies to the R1. With the S1 you get fewer options.
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #2868
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjudd77 View Post
toe options are a litte beyond my comprehension. anyone able to explain this in plain english and give he benefits?
Too hard.

Easier to read this...

http://www.competitionx.com/rc-racin...oe-in-toe-out/

.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #2869
Tech Regular

thanks .crispy I think I have it now
http://au.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/yc8/1wmmuv8/s/tx/cx/1/
mrjudd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #2870
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone have info on the S2 release date? I had heard the 10th but that didn't seem to happen.
SlowGuySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #2871
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowGuySam View Post
Anyone have info on the S2 release date? I had heard the 10th but that didn't seem to happen.
Spec-R's site says 'mid-april', so you still got a few more days
Old 04-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #2872
Tech Regular

just had another look at the S2. Is it just me or is the S2 basically a plastic version of the R1 Pro with lower shock towers?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #2873
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

pretty much... and the s1 is just a plastic version of the r1, pre pro. the lower shock towers are KINDA pointless though without shorter shocks, or at least lower mounting point of th esame shocks on the arm. i suppose it would be good for carpet where you dont need a lot of shock travel. maybe going between long and short shock position would be a tuning aid outdoors?

I will say this, i dont really like the xray style motor mount. that is notorious for chewing spurs on t4s.. fortunately, our spurs are much easier to change than the t4 though.
narrowed symetrical chassis would be nice. not sure why the prospec chassis has the hole for the servo mount. but i guess they made it compatible with people upgrading their r1/s1 without buying the one peice mount.

fortunately, it doesnt look like any SERIOUS arcitectural changes have happend on the s2 so those upgrades should be fairly cheap to get. I wonder if they will even put out a new R1 or just an upgrade kit for it.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #2874
Tech Regular

I think with the S2 being so close to the Pro Spec this will almost rule out an R2 being on the cards. Really depends on how much narrower the chassis (classis as per spec r website lol)

Had our regular Friday night meet last night. Changed the radio on my car to a Futaba 3PL and I have to say it was a vast improvement over the FlySky GT3-C. The new radio was worth 1-2 seconds a lap and saw me with a new PB lap record. I might actually get faster once I can sort out a loss of power glitch that seems to have crept into my car at random times. I thought that this was caused by my old radio but it would seem not. Tried running with no motor fan but that didn't help. might have to try some practice laps with the transponder unplugged to see if that is the cause, if so I might have to hard wire it instead of running it off the speedy. Any other suggestions?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #2875
Tech Initiate

Try pushing all the little pins on you sensor cable, esc and motor side, with a small allen driver. I was sure I was losing power, got a glitch buster, unplugged my fan all sorts of things, turned out to be the sensor pins not making good enough contact.
PEEKracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #2876
Tech Adept

Mrjudd this might be my stupidity but why are you running the transponder through your speedo? Why not the receiver?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #2877
Tech Master

im not really sure that would be possible without modifying the transponder, and or the speedo lol. hobbywing has a rx jack on it but the esc wont work if something is plugged into it.
its possible your servo just draws too much current. most of the escs are only designed to supply 6v or less at 2-3 amps. if your driving full lock and you suddently lose power, that would be my guess. at which point you need to get the car on stands and measure the endpoints porperly so the servo is not under any strain to maintain full lock when still.

bad esc or bad rx are not unheard of. i had a hit in a 12th scale that actually broke my rx. little coil in the middle of it came right off lol. funny cause i dont even remember hitting anything lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #2878
Tech Regular

my bad guys meant to say receiver.
valk. I have the end points adjusted as the Spec-R does not allow 100% travel with the contact wheels I am using (causes the rim to rub on the shocks.) Also I have thought it could be the servo itself not behaving like it should, I just ruled it out as there seems to be a loss of power and steering, it does happen at full (90%) lock.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #2879
Tech Adept

Mrjudd what ESC are you running? Had something similar when running a SP Rev R in my 22t. Would loose full power on full lock turns and sometimes had to turn ESC off and back on. Fixed it after running the ESC setup like 4 times.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #2880
Tech Apprentice

I don't really think the S2 is THAT much like the prospec. The lower chassis plate isn't cut the same. It's nothing like the prospec other than being the same dimension thickness. It's cut more like the first optional chassis that came out with the first R1. Wicked good chassis BTW. I use it and a regular R1 top deck on my Stock touring car S1. It's perfect.
Also, the Prospec uses the original motor mount and normal height shock towers as opposed to the more central T4 style motor mount and short shock towers on the S2. The top deck is different as well with the S2 being, again, more inline with the optional top decks that came out with the optional motor mount for the R1.
I'd like to see an R2 come out with the first optional chassis(not the prospec), T4 style motor mount, one of the 3 optional top decks, short shock towers, carbon impregnated plastics, and a battery holder that doesn't use a strap or tape.
Butler02 is offline   Reply With Quote