Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 11-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Will CRC be releasing the Xti-WC car any time soon?
Old 11-26-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Ordered the new WC a few days ago and getting shipped Monday or Tuesday. I am so excited to get into 1/12 scale and have some fun with this car. I already have all the electronics, tires and body is at the body shop for paint. So excited.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default wc

it looks like that with the wc chassis i will not need to have the brace for the top arm of the front end.i'm looking forward to find out.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowpoke68
it looks like that with the wc chassis i will not need to have the brace for the top arm of the front end.i'm looking forward to find out.
Your experiment might be driven by the conditions you run on and the way you want your car to feel. The car used in the Worlds didn't use the brace. The car that just won the Japan nats did have the brace. It appears there are large differences in the center shock mounting of the two cars. Adjustability appears to be a strength of this car and the options available.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Are there new ride height shims coming for the XTi-WC or can you use the standard XTi shims?
Old 12-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Looks like the standard XTI shims will work. May need an extra set if you use all six bolts to hold the U plate on and you shim between it and the chassis.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I don't get on here enough waiving the CRC flag. I have to say, I really like the new chassis! I will say that it's like CRC has combined the performance of the XL with the adjustability of slider Xti. The new WC chassis plate is stiff! The Xti and Alter Ego chassis plates were cut from a predecessor material that was.... well... more flexible. I am running WC's in both stock and mod. I have great set ups for both. I am really enjoying CRC right now.

One thing that is behind the times is an editable set up sheet for posting. I scribble through old XL sheets to share.

I was sent the chassis last March for testing and instantly loved it. From the 1st lap, it matched or was faster then my AE cars. Even my "go to" mod car was shelfed.

Top braces on the front suspension are for tuning, not for weakness. I run them on both my mod and stock car as I try to run as much camber as I can get away with (AKA = tippy!). The brace takes away just a little steering, but camber can corner quicker. It's an evil trade off. Is it required? No.

As for the standard Xti r/h shims fitting..... There are two styles; 4262 which went between the 8-32 screws and the 4260 style that slips over the plastic lug in the A-Arm. Neither are interchangeable.

The fact that Frank has this packaged up and ready to race; wow! If the WC kit comes with a red center spring, I am certain it can win right out of the box. If your track has medium or better traction, consider the 3279 roll center kit. Strap on some blu/blu and a Black Art Lola: Bam!

Brian
Old 12-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I don't get on here enough waiving the CRC flag. I have to say, I really like the new chassis! I will say that it's like CRC has combined the performance of the XL with the adjustability of slider Xti. The new WC chassis plate is stiff! The Xti and Alter Ego chassis plates were cut from a predecessor material that was.... well... more flexible. I am running WC's in both stock and mod. I have great set ups for both. I am really enjoying CRC right now.

One thing that is behind the times is an editable set up sheet for posting. I scribble through old XL sheets to share.

I was sent the chassis last March for testing and instantly loved it. From the 1st lap, it matched or was faster then my AE cars. Even my "go to" mod car was shelfed.

Top braces on the front suspension are for tuning, not for weakness. I run them on both my mod and stock car as I try to run as much camber as I can get away with (AKA = tippy!). The brace takes away just a little steering, but camber can corner quicker. It's an evil trade off. Is it required? No.

As for the standard Xti r/h shims fitting..... There are two styles; 4262 which went between the 8-32 screws and the 4260 style that slips over the plastic lug in the A-Arm. Neither are interchangeable.

The fact that Frank has this packaged up and ready to race; wow! If the WC kit comes with a red center spring, I am certain it can win right out of the box. If your track has medium or better traction, consider the 3279 roll center kit. Strap on some blu/blu and a Black Art Lola: Bam!

Brian

Brian, nice to hear you talk about this car. Have you run it with 17.5, 13.5 or mod motors? Did you run it with the battery in transverse position or inline? Can you describe the differences in performance to the inline short/short car you shared with us last Winter/Spring?
Old 12-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've raced the car with every motor. The car is simply amazing in stock. I am trying to get just a tick more "on" steering in mod, but it's also pretty good. I have only raced 13.5 once this year at IIC and I really didn't do anything too impressive there. It wasn't the chassis' fault, I was fooling around with motor and funky tires. Both cars are set up nearly the same spring wise and dampen wise.

The only real difference between my stock car and mod car is how I have the front end set up. The stock car has 2.5mm roll center insert and a short factory upper arm. The mod car has 2 H Braces CA'ed together with the middle cut out and a long upper arm. What that does is make up a 4mm roll center spacer flattening out the upper arm. It probably flattens it too much and is the source of my "on" steering issue. This is the one thing I change with grip level in the track.

CRC believes in transverse packs. It was market pressure that brought the inline pack to view. It's difficult to get corning traction from inline. Transverse lets the car carry quicker corner speed and better cut. I haven't run inline since that little experiment a year ago.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I too am a transverse guy. Went inline with my CEFX and though it was quick, I never really got comfortable with it and consistently got smoked by transverse Tops and CRCs. Went back to transverse and have been all smiles ever since.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Transverse has always performed better for me.

I think I'll have to try the long-arm front on my Modified car, it has run well on the front of my XI in all motor classes, my Xti is the car I currently run a Mod in just to mess around, and I've been running the stock arm front end with the 2mm roll center spacer and arm brace, might not be ideal for high-speed.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000

Top braces on the front suspension are for tuning, not for weakness. I run them on both my mod and stock car as I try to run as much camber as I can get away with (AKA = tippy!). The brace takes away just a little steering, but camber can corner quicker.
Brian
How much camber do you use? I'm having trouble getting my car to steer enough.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Took mine out and got it running yesterday. What a blast. New to 1/12 scale, got lots of help at my local track and was running pretty good. Lots to still work on, including my driving ability.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What's your set-up? What class (17.5, 13.5, mod)? Tires?

There are a LOT more things you can do to get more steering than just camber. Softer front springs and/or tires, harder center and/or side springs and/or tires, different body, less pod droop, move weight back and all sorts of other things.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
What's your set-up? What class (17.5, 13.5, mod)? Tires?

There are a LOT more things you can do to get more steering than just camber. Softer front springs and/or tires, harder center and/or side springs and/or tires, different body, less pod droop, move weight back and all sorts of other things.
.050 front springs, grey tires doped 1/3, 4* caster on 5*block, .75* camber 3.5mm ride height, .400" kingpin length

Purple center spring 30wt, short ball cup on end, 4mm ride, 1mm droop

Green side springs, 30k fluid, 4mm ride, Greene rear tires
Tracks I run on generally are tight with 180's

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.