Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
xti car is twitchy in turns rear come around s/r on radio 76%, steering travel 80%, expo 34%, servo speed 88%. do i need to dial more steering out of the radio or change set up in car?
Make sure the car isn't tweaked, and then adjust how much front to rear bias you have via springs, front dope amount, ride height, pod droop, etc.

How much of the front tire are you doping and what tire compounds are you using?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Make sure the car isn't tweaked, and then adjust how much front to rear bias you have via springs, front dope amount, ride height, pod droop, etc.

How much of the front tire are you doping and what tire compounds are you using?
side springs just touch; ride height front 3mm middle 3.5mm rear at 3.5mm rear pod at 3mm i dope the whole front tires.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A little bit of preload on the side springs can calm a car down also back down the dope on the fronts to 1/2 to 3/4 ,going to long arm or raising the upper arm with the new roll center shims would help calm the front end down.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jarrodh
im goin to be testin out the theory this weekend.. hopefully it works aswell as it does in my head..

and save the rear axle bearings
it worked great, didnt kill a single bearing..

but now my esc packed it in.. i cant catch a frekin break.. fix one problem, 2 more pop up..

so far, new car, new battery, new voltage booster, replaced rx the second night, fixed the bearing issue, replaced the sensor wire and new motor 3rd night, now i might need a new tekin?..

im done spending money on this thing.. it can just sit on the shelf for a while now..
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
xti car is twitchy in turns rear come around s/r on radio 76%, steering travel 80%, expo 34%, servo speed 88%. do i need to dial more steering out of the radio or change set up in car?
A racer at our local track was having issues with his sedan being way too twitchy... turned out he had +30% st expo.

If you are having to run negative 34% expo, something is probably wrong with the setup... If you are running positive expo... well that is just a mistake.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
A racer at our local track was having issues with his sedan being way too twitchy... turned out he had +30% st expo.

If you are having to run negative 34% expo, something is probably wrong with the setup... If you are running positive expo... well that is just a mistake.
Really depends on how you want the car to feel. Ive never seen anyone run positive expo on purpose though.

Paul Lemieux commonly runs -20 to -30 Expo on his 12th and TC though.

EA
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default foam bumper for xti

does anybody know what foam bumper Andrew Knapp use on the xti ? it seem that bumper goes around the front end pretty good. i been using team associated for their 1/12 scale doesn't do much too protect the corner of the front chassis for i broke mine in crash right where the front body mount mounts. now i have to get a new chassis.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

There is some new option option parts for the Xti available on their site.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Anyone know where to buy a Sanwa SRG-HR to be shipped to the US? My LHS can not get them, and everywhere I know to look online either doesn't carry it or is out of stock with no ETA.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hello Andrew,

I think this might be it under the airtronics name.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJTU7&P=SM

hope this helps
Mike

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Anyone know where to buy a Sanwa SRG-HR to be shipped to the US? My LHS can not get them, and everywhere I know to look online either doesn't carry it or is out of stock with no ETA.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71

Depends on what radio you are using though too. The futaba is negative to slow the initial reaction, but on the older Spektrum radios (dont know about the newer ones) it was positive expo to slow the initial reaction.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_ads
Depends on what radio you are using though too. The futaba is negative to slow the initial reaction, but on the older Spektrum radios (dont know about the newer ones) it was positive expo to slow the initial reaction.
Yes, I found this out the hard way when I switched from Spektrum to Futaba on my airplanes. For cars I've never used Expo but it's always safest to verify that the radio adjustment you just made did what you were expecting it to.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RC mushroom sells it, but they are out of stock. I think you are probably looking for model number 94971.
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=21691

LRP says they have some, but I don't know how you are supposed to order from their site. The online shop seems to just be in German. I was able to find the sanwa servos section, but this one wasn't there.??
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/sanwa/...autos/details/

Good luck finding one.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hello Andrew,

I think this might be it under the airtronics name.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJTU7&P=SM

hope this helps
Mike
Originally Posted by locked
RC mushroom sells it, but they are out of stock. I think you are probably looking for model number 94971.
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=21691

LRP says they have some, but I don't know how you are supposed to order from their site. The online shop seems to just be in German. I was able to find the sanwa servos section, but this one wasn't there.??
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/sanwa/...autos/details/

Good luck finding one.
From what I can find there's a distinct difference in performance between the Airtronics and Sanwa. Same case size and shape, but I think the Airtronics 94761z is like 65 in/oz and .14 secs at 6.0 volts and the Sanwa is 53 in/oz and .07. I found lot's of European shops that carry the Sanwa and have it in stock, but after e-mailing them I couldn't find one that would ship to the USA.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From what I can find there's a distinct difference in performance between the Airtronics and Sanwa. Same case size and shape, but I think the Airtronics 94761z is like 65 in/oz and .14 secs at 6.0 volts and the Sanwa is 53 in/oz and .07. I found lot's of European shops that carry the Sanwa and have it in stock, but after e-mailing them I couldn't find one that would ship to the USA.
Andrew, I was using the Airtronics 94761 in my car last weekend. On paper, the specs aren't quite as good as the JRs I was using before... but on the track, the servo was great.

I seem to recall that the Sanwa's speed is spec-ed @ 45* as opposed to 60*, or something like that. It's actual speed was something on par with the JR 3650.

That being said... if you find a source for them, let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.