Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My XTI is Loosing the Back end!!

Help!!

My XTI is handling amazingly well with one exception, at the end of the straight we have a tight 180 corner and sometimes my car will just slide out as I enter the corner? My car is pretty much stock and were running 17.5 blinky on a very tight track. Grey low rears and chrome fronts both safety glued. I'm running 10,000 in the tubes, white side springs and white center spring and 50 front springs.
I'm using sticky finger traction compound with full treatment on the rear and about a 1/4 of the inside of the front tires. I tried a gold center spring that I thought would be softer and that didn't seem to help in fact it might have been a touch worse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance..

Bob
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Yep and yep. You're both correct.
Many thanks....
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bobinmt
Help!!

My XTI is handling amazingly well with one exception, at the end of the straight we have a tight 180 corner and sometimes my car will just slide out as I enter the corner? My car is pretty much stock and were running 17.5 blinky on a very tight track. Grey low rears and chrome fronts both safety glued. I'm running 10,000 in the tubes, white side springs and white center spring and 50 front springs.
I'm using sticky finger traction compound with full treatment on the rear and about a 1/4 of the inside of the front tires. I tried a gold center spring that I thought would be softer and that didn't seem to help in fact it might have been a touch worse?

Bob
Wait for the experts, but my first suggestion would be to increase the oil in the tubes... I would also go up on the center spring. I'm running Andrew Knapp's setup and it is really good, listed below:

Crc xti inline
.55 front spring
.404 king pin length
5 degree caster
.5 degree camber
Crc black center spring
30wt oil in center shock
2mm pod.droop
3.5mm ride height. Front , center and rear.
Magenta front tire
pink rear tire
blue side springs just touching
20000 dampner tube lube
Protoform amr
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobinmt
Help!!

Bob
Bob,

I'm no expert by any means but at our local track I had a similar issue.

I'm running it pretty much box stock but I did change to 0 degree caster blocks, and I'm running Yellow Rears/Black fronts, green center spring.

Switching from Chrome fronts and Grey Low rears to Black fronts and Yellow rears seemed to keep my car from doing that. I'm using SXT traction compound here, and doing full rears and 3/4 inside on the fronts. So far it seems (to me anyway) that tires are about 85% of the overall setup of the car. Give the above set a try.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Pod droop is very important. It effects how much weight gets transfered to the front of the car off power. More droop = more weight transfer. I measure ride height at front of pod then pull where shock attaches to pod till suspension locks out and re measure, that # is your droop.
Ok... Here is what I have, let me know if I have a reasonable understanding...

I can pick the center of the car 2mm before the tires come off the setup board.

I have RH front 3.5, center 3mm and 3.5 Rear.

Before I made the above adjustments I had 4mm and the car was flat... 3.5mm at all 3 points....

I'm trying to learn....
Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz

Before I made the above adjustments I had 4mm and the car was flat... 3.5mm at all 3 points....

I'm trying to learn....
Pod angle, and chassis sag, 2 different things that work together

Have a quick read HERE
Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm trying to learn....
I would raise your center to 3.5, then you will have 1.5mm of droop. Try that first then try it with the .5mm of chassis sag and see if you notice a difference. I dont run crc cars but i normaly run 1.5mm of droop in the slower classes and 1mm in mod. You will have to do some testing to see what works for you.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
I would raise your center to 3.5, then you will have 1.5mm of droop. Try that first then try it with the .5mm of chassis sag and see if you notice a difference. I dont run crc cars but i normaly run 1.5mm of droop in the slower classes and 1mm in mod. You will have to do some testing to see what works for you.
Thanks. I will give that a try...
Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Pod angle, and chassis sag, 2 different things that work together

Have a quick read HERE
I did many times... I just wanted to verify I go it... the text..... As I'm a newbie with 1/12th, I was just checking with you fine folk here if I did it correctly, so I change the verbage to show my understanding, could be + or -....
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

I did many times... I just wanted to verify I go it... the text..... As I'm a newbie with 1/12th, I was just checking with you fine folk here if I did it correctly, so I change the verbage to show my understanding, could be + or -....
Cool
Learning all the new stuff is the most fun, with mostly low expectations at first

After that it's just applying what you know

And later the frustration of expert drivers always wheeling cars around faster we can
Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Cool
Learning all the new stuff is the most fun, with mostly low expectations at first

After that it's just applying what you know

And later the frustration of expert drivers always wheeling cars around faster we can
May I ask...
Running a shorter shock ball end to the longer one, (yes I would have to move the pivot ball 1 hole) what will do this do for the car? if anything....
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

May I ask...
Running a shorter shock ball end to the longer one, (yes I would have to move the pivot ball 1 hole) what will do this do for the car? if anything....
That would be a great question for Dumper, or another CRC team driver

Having never owned or driven a CRC, I could not give accurate advice on that
Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Who makes that front brace that goes across the top of the caster blocks? Just got me an XTI and I want to make sure and order one Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Who makes that front brace that goes across the top of the caster blocks? Just got me an XTI and I want to make sure and order one Thanks
CRC
Old 12-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

May I ask...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand this changes the angle of the center shock and therefor mostly the amount of rotation (midcorner) steering. I thought it was like, a more straight (horizontal) demper give a little more rotation midcorner, but takes a way a bit steering at corner entry.

Regards Robert

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.