Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I have zero shims in and the front wheels do not touch the ground, only the chassis touches the ground....
It looks like the springs are in the wrong location.
Just a guess looking at the pics.

If they are in the correct location, maybe the pivot ball isn't popped into the lower arm.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I have zero shims in and the front wheels do not touch the ground, only the chassis touches the ground....
I see that know. Viewing those pics on my cell phone does not help. Iafter looking at those pictures closer you have the front end built wrong. It should be steering block thru lower arm then spring and lastly e-clip. I'm pretty sure you have it steering block, spring, lower arm and then e-clip.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok... As I'm new to 1/12th... I'm looking for a setup guild book, so I know what to do with the setup and what features are available. I know (sorry) xray has one, but this car is different....

Thanks in advance....
The manual for the old gen xl had a brief setup guide in the back of the book. See if you can find it on the crc site.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default set up

Barry,
Print out one of the set up sheets---and few pges back was Andrew's settings for both cars.
Anyway after printing the set up sheet you will be able to go through it and get more comforatble with the various adjustments/settings.
The sheet itself is kind of a --- what you can do where -- deal.

Yes the king pins need to be the same distance out.-----.404".
to the e-clip gap bottom.

There are a lot of measurements in American measure instead of metric.
Your calipers prob will do the conversion for the kingpin etc by pushing the button--mm/in.

later,
Darrald
Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default opinions

Whats everyone take on the crc xti?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default arrangements of electronics on xti

Would like to see some pics. The way I have mine is my esc is not quite center line of the battery on left side lrp sxx I have wire terminals inwards and the capacitor mounted opposite of the lrp shoe glued to the chassis,my receiver is mounted to the top chassis plate. I dont use roll over tube my reciever has the antenna coiled inside the case with obout 2 inches sticking out of the case,the on/off switch is shoe glued to the top of the esc. If you can picture this let me know your opinion I would have posted pic but for some reason the site wont let me.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Hi All ...

I need some help ... I took the Xti to our national championships this weekend and the thing was a nightmare to drive the whole weekend. No grip at all .... zero.

Yes the track was bad ... but where the the other guys where running best laps of 20 sec I was running 25's

Here is what I did - 25 shore rear tires. 40 shore fronts. Hardest front spring (think it is .55) Blue side spring. Shock spring red.

Ride height 5mm front and rear. Toe - zero degreea. Camber 0 degrees. The reactive caster block thing - first tried 10 deg then went to 0 - no change.

Tweak was perfect.

Any ideas on where to start looking for the problems?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FaanP
Hi All ...

I need some help ... I took the Xti to our national championships this weekend and the thing was a nightmare to drive the whole weekend. No grip at all .... zero.

Yes the track was bad ... but where the the other guys where running best laps of 20 sec I was running 25's

Here is what I did - 25 shore rear tires. 40 shore fronts. Hardest front spring (think it is .55) Blue side spring. Shock spring red.

Ride height 5mm front and rear. Toe - zero degreea. Camber 0 degrees. The reactive caster block thing - first tried 10 deg then went to 0 - no change.

Tweak was perfect

Lower your ride 3mm to 3.5 at the most never seen anyone rh at 5mm toe set at .5 mamberat 5 tire traction full rears and full front and go from there if to much turn less on the front a few post back is a setup post by a crc driver
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Based on the grip level and lap times I am assuming this was an asphalt track and you were struggling with rear grip. I would consider the following...

Go softer on your front and center springs. Try .45 and blue.

Unless the track is just unimaginably rough, lower your RH. I would think 4 to 4.5 would be plenty.

Reduce front sauce time and/or amount.

Increase your DR to acheive 4' circles minimum. Make sure they are even.

I wouldn't put any preload on the side springs. Just go down 2 turns (at least that's pretty close on the Xi)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quick question for you guys - are there any particular parts that are recommended to buy with a new Xti kit or does it come pretty much set out of the box? I am going to order one but I'm fairly new to 1/12 scale. I have all my electronics already but just trying to get an idea of any parts you might recommend, I noticed the ride height inserts...are these a good idea? Anything else?
Old 11-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FaanP
Hi All ...

Tweak was perfect.

It was probably your diff. Imagine getting a sheet of glass, pouring oil on it and running your hands over it. Thats what your diff should feel like.

Due to poor quality control and this is not just CRC, Associated are bad too, but sometimes you just get a bad diff.

Have a look in the 1/12th forum, someone recently posted a link to the IRS website that had a "How to build a ball diff" article. If your still struggling after that, get someone who has a functioning diff to help you out. The smallest of things in these diffs can cause problems and its to hard to explain over the internet without writing an essay.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.teamirsrc.com/techtips.html

There you go.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ordered my kit from my lhs who orders from horizon...back on october 16th, tired of waiting while everyone else is racing...How much longer before these kits are readily available @horizon ?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bpalmer
Ordered my kit from my lhs who orders from horizon...back on october 16th, tired of waiting while everyone else is racing...How much longer before these kits are readily available @horizon ?
Well in my experience tower and horizon get the lastest stuff last for some reason....my lhs orders from tower and horizon as well and its always 3 to 4 months wait after a new product is released......which is odd because tower and horizon are so big and supply so many lhs you would think they would get first dibs but i guess not!.....i got tired of waiting as well so i ordered mine from timezone hobby and im glad i did because now the xti is a day or 2 away...and i see horizon is still on back order with it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the help guys ... will do the changes as suggested and will let you know ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.