Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719438

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719441

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719437

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719440

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719443

these pieces are individual but all five together will give you the complete rear slider pod. What car are you planning to put it on? the mounting holes on the bottom are closer together then on an XL or and Xi pod so it will not work with either of those bottom plates and the new bottom plate will not work with the old main chassis because of the link mounting locations. Hope this helps!

-Randy
Well i was hoping to put it on the XL, thank you for the info. Guess it's time to save up for a new car
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
Well i was hoping to put it on the XL, thank you for the info. Guess it's time to save up for a new car
http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719456

Here is the conversion kit and it will convert your XLto the XTI
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Many thanks...
My servos all use M3 screws. I think I had a Futaba that needed and M2.5

Most hobby shops have a Du-Bro fastener rack. If the servo takes an M2.5 screw it will be there. A lot of AE kits use M2.5 stuff that will work too.

Most 1/12th cars do not include a servo saver as there are 3 different servo spline patterns for Sanwa/Airtronics/JR/Spektrum, Futaba and Hitech.

A big chunk of the racing hobby is figuring stuff out. Take a deep breath, its all good!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think there's a pic of rheinhards xti from the worlds floating around....I was gonna mimic his install once I get to that point .
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Can anyone spare some pictures of the placement of electronics in the car? I need to get some ideas... Yes I get the car has to be balanced.... but I would like to see what others have done with this car....

Thanks in advance...
CRC just posted pics of JT's car on thier front page. I think he's running a HW, KO, AIR combo.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm not looking for anyone to "jump on a bandwagon" I just simple feel that CRC is missing the boat.

I do not care that not shipping a servo saver is the normal. The question is shouldn't they? Just because everyone else is is NOT is not reasonable.

Look a good business man would see the opportunity here, to include this stuff, to include in the case of CRC a set of tires. What better way to get the market to try your product... But rather then adding at cost, they will give away at a big race product for free. I know I'm not a very smart person, nor am I good looking... But even I see the the opportunity a business to put consumable product in the hands of the market. This for me is like going to the store buying a printer, getting home and NO ink cartridge, then finding out they do NOT include a power cable, because the consume can buy the in different colors, so they want the customer to have a choice. What kind of logic is this? I would rather have the wrong color cable, and functional until I can purchase the Pink cable I want, but I can use the product I purchased while waiting for the optional parts to show up.

Using this same argument, why include the ball cups, when you can buy other types? Why include bearings, I can purchase other types of bearings? Sound ridiculous.... That is how I feel about an incomplete kit and the comments about not including items like say a bumper, a spur gear for stock (the one for mod is included) servor saver....

Nothing like getting a kit only to find out that you need to order more stuff to finish the kit. I'm not talking about add products that I may choose to add, I'm talking about the basic stuff to complete the kit.

Now if you do NOT agree, fine... I can accept this.

OK I'm done with this... I have a choice, run the car work thought this or not.
Out of curiosity, how many rc kits have you built?

From reading the posts you have made over the past ~10 pages or so, all of your frustrations seemed to be centered around things that are pretty basic.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

All 1/12th kits are roughly the same. You have to add your own electronics, motor, battery, body, tires, and usually servo saver. This is so you can add the parts that work for your class and conditions. The "blue kit" would be the same.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

servo savers are not included because they would have to include 3 savers in every kit, or come up with their own to work across the myriad of servos out there, either way increasing the cost of the kit to everyone. frank's goal is to deliver a top of the line, out of the box winner, at a reasonable price.

by the way, if you haven't finished building yet, they dont include a battery, servo, motor, speedo, body, paint, masking tape, hobby knife, receiver, radio, or tires either. just giving you a heads up so when you get to that point in the manual, you aren't looking for more bags. sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Guessing... around 75 over my life.... 1/10th onroad and offroad, no 1/8th scale, no oval, no pan car...

So are you trying to tell me this is same thing I would experience if I purchased say .... a blue kit (did not want to use the name)? Or is this just something that the CRC fans have known and accept and are all thinking about the first time they purchased a kit and felt this way, and now laughing because they learned?

Hey you engaged this one.....
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
All 1/12th kits are roughly the same. You have to add your own electronics, motor, battery, body, tires, and usually servo saver. This is so you can add the parts that work for your class and conditions. The "blue kit" would be the same.
The only 12th kit that comes with everything minus elec, is Tamiyas' RM-01
But that is more of a sport kit, than an all out racer out of the box
Old 11-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Most off-road kits have the servo saver built into the bell crank steering so a separate one is not needed on the servo. Where they do come with one is usually the large or medium sized one with changeable inserts so it makes sense to include a servo saver with them. In 1/10 TCs most that I have seen do not come with a servo saver either or if they do they come with the medium sized one again. The exception to that is Tamiya since they make their own servo saver. In all these scenarios a higher torque servo is typically used so the bigger servo savers can be used. In pan cars the larger servo savers would not protect the lower torque servos that we use. Some pan cars do come with a servo saver but only 1 and if you have a different type of servo you'd still have to buy one.

As for tires...there are a lot of different tire combinations for different tracks. It doesn't make sense to include them since you will likely need to get different ones.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

im sorry. thats just the way it is.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719456

Here is the conversion kit and it will convert your XLto the XTI
AWESOME! thank you
Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

I don't resent their products, I actually like them quite a bit, anyways, sorry if I come across as a smart ass, but I am one. You just have to get to know me. My name is Mario Ficco. I'll let the boys at crc know you will be calling.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok that I can understand..... and that is fair.... I do not like it but ok....

Was that so hard? Your a factory driver, so why be a smart a$$ rather then try to help a person that purchased the product your resent? I have had this kit for 3 weeks, it still is not together because what I know as normal is not normal for 1/12th scale. I have place 7 different orders to get the parts I need and can you guess what I have spent in shipping alone.... the LH does have the products.... so I have to order and wait....
LOOK! do you wont me to come and hold your hand / get over it. You have one of the best kits money can buy.
Go look at other kits if you think your not getting what you wont and get one of those.

I hope we get a track around hear so I can get my greedy hand's on one! GRATE JOB CRC!!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Tc kits dont come with everything you need either unless you buy a rtr, some dont come with servo savers when our american tracks need them, none of them come with tires ( some do come with wheels) ,the crc kit comes with everything all the other pancar kits come with so its not just a crc thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.