Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got home from work tonight and TADA it finallt arrived!....is there any tips or tricks i should know other then what the manual states before i start this build...thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Got home from work tonight and TADA it finallt arrived!....is there any tips or tricks i should know other then what the manual states before i start this build...thanks
Take your time with the front end. It takes some extra attention to get it loose and absolutely free without being wiggly jiggly. Especially the upper arms and shims. I had to sand the top graphite piece of the pod to get it to line up with the screws just right. Other then that it's a pretty decent build. Not many parts involved.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MC112b
Take your time with the front end. It takes some extra attention to get it loose and absolutely free without being wiggly jiggly. Especially the upper arms and shims. I had to sand the top graphite piece of the pod to get it to line up with the screws just right. Other then that it's a pretty decent build. Not many parts involved.
What MC112b said .... I had to take my front en apart and redo it. I took all the pins in the front end and polished them up with 1200 grid sand paper and metal polish to make sure the front end is 100% loose ....
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
Sanding the diff rings? Really?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
The screw (per manual) does not fit into the hole of the Kimbrough 113 servo saver.

Any suggestion?
The head of the screw doesn't have to go into the hole. I just screwed it down as you show in the picture and it works fine.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

First - please forgive me, I'm very pissed off with this kit. Simply UNBELIEVABLE they can not include a servo saver (or one for each type), so I ordered the recommend one and the F%$King thing does not work.

The screw (per manual) does not fit into the hole of the Kimbrough 113 servo saver.

Any suggestion?

Yes, I tried to drill it out, that did not work. I tried a standard 2mm screw...
If your fed up yet I will trade you for an xray X12....

So you can run mod
Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

funny..... I will take a hammer to it, which we are VERY close to that..... VERY Close.....
My hammer doesn't work very well it has a working servo saver attached to it......

Offer is on the table if your getting sick of the XTI.

Hell I'll even throw in a servo saver and 2 servo's...1 of which being yours already
Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Really, sorry not trying to be a smart ass....

So if the Kimbrough 113 is the "recommended" per CRC, and this is the "normal" way to mount it (I will have to dig up a longer screw), then CRC, do you think it is asking to much to put this in the manual???

So what are other options for servo saver to run that really fits correctly?
Barry if you don't have your answer tomorrow I will hit up someone who runs the XTI and ask them which servo saver they run.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

I rarely see anything other than Kimbro servo savers on any 1/12th scale. But you need to make sure you get the right one. The white one is for Futaba servos while the grey or off-white one is for servos with the Airtronics spline. As for the screw if you use a cap head screw instead of a button head it will fit down inside the servo saver. However I've had issues with the screw head pulling through the soft plastic of the servo saver so I don't go this route. Usually I use a longer screw with a washer to make sure it holds well. Those concave washers for counter sunk screws work really well and look pretty cool.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Barry, give me a call anytime. I can walk you through whatever troubles you're facing in one call.

two 14 two 45 6651

AWD
Old 11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in this thread but is the rear pod available separatly and if so what is the part number for it?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719438

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719441

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719437

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719440

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719443

these pieces are individual but all five together will give you the complete rear slider pod. What car are you planning to put it on? the mounting holes on the bottom are closer together then on an XL or and Xi pod so it will not work with either of those bottom plates and the new bottom plate will not work with the old main chassis because of the link mounting locations. Hope this helps!

-Randy
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really, sorry not trying to be a smart ass....

So if the Kimbrough 113 is the "recommended" per CRC, and this is the "normal" way to mount it (I will have to dig up a longer screw), then CRC, do you think it is asking to much to put this in the manual???

So what are other options for servo saver to run that really fits correctly?
the majority of kits do not provide a servo saver, i think because many use kimbrough's 'small' version which are brand specific (113, 114, 131, jr/airtronics/ko, futaba, hitec).

others prefer the medium version (201), the 201 is universal with different inserts, but it is a little oversized for 1/12 and will require a little grinding to fit.

you will rarely find anything but kimbrough, but i know one person that prefers the Serpent servo saver, it fits reasonably well and has inserts. i believe it is designed to be retained by a metric flat head screw.

if you have a JR, KO or airtronics servo then you should be good with the 113, just use a socket head instead of a button head screw.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

This is how I do mine...the trick is finding a screw long enough to still thread into the servo spline.
Attached Thumbnails Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-servo-saver-1.jpg   Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-servo-saver-2.jpg  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FaanP
Sanding the diff rings? Really?
I don't bother sanding rings. I get the basic D ring, motor spray them off, install. Look closely at them, they are stamped out. Install them so they look like this: () not like this: )( I feel that the CRC 3/32" ball spur gear has the inner embossment molded too thick. It gets sandwiched between the diff hubs and makes the diff feel stiff without being tight. Shave one side down, preferably not the side that says CRC on it. Put the CRC stamp towards the motor side of the diff. Use #3363 (or was that #6636?) diff grease sparingly, don't flood the diff with it. Assemble the rest of the way per the instructions. If you want to get fancy, put in a Slapmaster Thrust Kit (plug,plug,plug). It should build up great and last a long time.

Some of those servo screws are 2.5mm. They are like gold. Don't loose them.

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.