Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1471
Tech Fanatic

ttt
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #1472
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So with the new season approaching do you think there will be an updated chassis?
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #1473
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
So with the new season approaching do you think there will be an updated chassis?
I don't think so. Does your question mean you are done with your new REV8?
Old 08-19-2014, 12:01 AM   #1474
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
I don't think so. Does your question mean you are done with your new REV8?
No rev8 is still going well and is what I'm using this season. Just thought I'd see if there is anything coming out from CRC
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #1475
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
The team guys were running an updated car at the end of last year, not sure if it's going to make it to production or not but there is another chassis out there being tested.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #1476
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

You have to remember that prototype chassis are just that, prototypes. If you have the equipment to do so making a CAD drawing of a chassis and cutting one out on the water jet is no biggie. I don't expect to see a change in the CRC Slider rear pod, shock system, or the Xi and later front end any time soon, other stuff is just tweaks.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #1477
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
You have to remember that prototype chassis are just that, prototypes. If you have the equipment to do so making a CAD drawing of a chassis and cutting one out on the water jet is no biggie. I don't expect to see a change in the CRC Slider rear pod, shock system, or the Xi and later front end any time soon, other stuff is just tweaks.
Clearly, I'm not an idiot. The cars they were running were using the same front and rear end with an all new chassis plate, top plate, and center shock mounting system. The drivers were very optimistic about how the car worked with the updated parts on it.

In CRC land tweaks means a new car. Gen XL > XI > Xti, all just tweaks.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #1478
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post
The team guys were running an updated car at the end of last year, not sure if it's going to make it to production or not but there is another chassis out there being tested.

So, in this case are you referring to the XTi Altered Ego? That has now been offered in full kit form during 2014. And you can mix/match parts from the standard XTi and the XTi Altered Ego to change things around. As it stands, you can setup almost any wheel base you want with all of these parts combinations. But as said earlier, changes to the rear pod, shock and front suspension seem solid to me. Unless you saw them running different versions of those, I don't expect something new.

They have just released the F1 car, so they have been busy on some other stuff. The big changes I would expect would center around the driving roster. They need a great mod driver that can match Cyrul, Ebert and Hirosoca (sp). Maybe that will evolve with their new batch of Japanese drivers. Time will tell.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #1479
Tech Master

Quote:
So, in this case are you referring to the XTi Altered Ego? That has now been offered in full kit form during 2014. And you can mix/match parts from the standard XTi and the XTi Altered Ego to change things around. As it stands, you can setup almost any wheel base you want with all of these parts combinations. But as said earlier, changes to the rear pod, shock and front suspension seem solid to me. Unless you saw them running different versions of those, I don't expect something new.

They have just released the F1 car, so they have been busy on some other stuff. The big changes I would expect would center around the driving roster. They need a great mod driver that can match Cyrul, Ebert and Hirosoca (sp). Maybe that will evolve with their new batch of Japanese drivers. Time will tell.
No, it's not the XTi Altered Ego. It's a new chassis.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #1480
Tech Elite

there is not a company out there that does not actively test prototype stuff on a regular basis. the only way to test on big race traction is at big races. CRC is no exception. Frank is constantly trying to improve his products.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #1481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Hi Guys,

Just built my XTI and took it for a run and love it!

One thing I noticed, the diff ring doesn't cover the balls 100%, so after a few runs, they got dirtier and the diff action was not as smooth. I did notice others running a larger diff ring on the same car.

What are your thoughts? Do you know what larger diff rings fit the car?

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #1482
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_T View Post
Hi Guys,

Just built my XTI and took it for a run and love it!

One thing I noticed, the diff ring doesn't cover the balls 100%, so after a few runs, they got dirtier and the diff action was not as smooth. I did notice others running a larger diff ring on the same car.

What are your thoughts? Do you know what larger diff rings fit the car?

We use the lager diff ring so that we can put the diff balls in the outer positions. That way we have 12 balls in the gear instead of 8. Makes the need for more force on the balls by the rings less to get a rolling action without slippage. This is especially important in mod, but also very important in stock racing.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #1483
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
We use the lager diff ring so that we can put the diff balls in the outer positions. That way we have 12 balls in the gear instead of 8. Makes the need for more force on the balls by the rings less to get a rolling action without slippage. This is especially important in mod, but also very important in stock racing.
Thanks for the reply!

I am alittle confused. The spur gear I have that came with the kit is an 80T that takes 16 balls. I am running a 26T pinion with it.

I run mod, 4.5T.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #1484
Tech Champion

The CRC and Xenon gears take 16 diff balls in the outer holes to make the diff smoother. With more diff balls used you don't have to tighten it as much so the diff is smoother and lasts longer. The Kimbro gear which is used quite often uses 12 diff balls in the outer hole. I switched to the Xenon gears on my Xti because they use 16 1/8" diff balls as opposed to the 16 3/23" diff balls used in the CRC gear. For some reason the CRC gear feels like it has some drag in it like it is rubbing on the diff rings.
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #1485
Tech Elite

I was looking to buy some of the xenon gears from their site, but i wasn't certain I had the right ones. Would you mind linking to the exact ones you're using with 16 1/8" balls?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote