R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #1051
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
anyone know what servo saver is needed for the spektrum 5040? the manual references the servo, but doesn't include it in the little kimborough chart
Spektrum uses a 23 tooth spline so you would use the servo saver made for Airtronics/JR/KO.
HenryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #1052
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
Spektrum uses a 23 tooth spline so you would use the servo saver made for Airtronics/JR/KO.
+1

I use Spektrum H5020G's on my 12 and WGT cars and I use the gray Kimborough Airtronics/JR/KO servo savers.

Henry, you racing tonight? I made some changes to my WGT. Hoping I can get closer to your best lap times.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #1053
Tech Adept

Adrien are you going to asphalt Nats? What is your current 1/12th car you are using for asphalt? Thanks
cookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #1054
Tech Adept

I guess the main question is what asphalt configuration is being used at this time? Any inline cars being raced in Florida?
cookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #1055
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1 View Post
Adrien are you going to asphalt Nats? What is your current 1/12th car you are using for asphalt? Thanks
I won't be able to make the race this year. It's my daughters birthday weekend and we are going to a concert on the 5th in Tampa.

I am running an AE 12R5.2.

All the inline cars did fine at the 2012 asphalt nats. I'd start with your carpet setup with magentas all around. Leave your black and yellow tires at home.

The other difference is tire saucing. You can't beat paragon for 5 min with a layer of suntan lotion over it for another 10-15 min.

Grip is high and tire wear is low at the Royal Palm track.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #1056
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max K View Post
For mod I use the altered ego rear pod. For spec I ran the altered ego chassis with the short xti rear pod.
Max

What was the effect of running the rear pod short in spec class? would the longer loose corner speed or something

The shorter pod cannot accommodate the bigger pinon so easy ( only have kit spur waiting on spares )

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #1057
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
Max

What was the effect of running the rear pod short in spec class? would the longer loose corner speed or something

The shorter pod cannot accommodate the bigger pinon so easy ( only have kit spur waiting on spares )
for running the big rollouts that are customary these days in 17.5 blinky, quite a small spur is needed. Even with a short pod, I've had mine geared over 100mm of rollout, but doing so requires a 72 tooth spur.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #1058
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
for running the big rollouts that are customary these days in 17.5 blinky, quite a small spur is needed. Even with a short pod, I've had mine geared over 100mm of rollout, but doing so requires a 72 tooth spur.
Yes with the supplied 80 tooth I am maxed out in pinon....

Just wanted to see if the longer rear had any real effect on the car as Max was saying he used the longer pod for mod and I run 10.5 spec

Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #1059
Tech Champion

If only the lower pod plate is changed that would lengthen the wheelbase which should help to calm down a mod powered car.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #1060
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
Yes with the supplied 80 tooth I am maxed out in pinon....

Just wanted to see if the longer rear had any real effect on the car as Max was saying he used the longer pod for mod and I run 10.5 spec
I got my altered ego chassis plate as a stand-alone item, so when I first ran it, it was with the XTI's standard shorter length pod. It came as an unexpected surprise that the altered ego chassis plate shortened the car's wheelbase almost 1/4". This made the converted car more akin to the length that the cars were several years ago and well before the recent trend to make them gradually longer and longer. And the result.........I found the converted car to be really excellent. Probably the best package that I've ever had. It was super quick and responsive thru the twisties, but still not overly edgy or hard to drive. Subsequently I discovered that CRC also sells the altered ego conversion as a kit which includes new pod graphite along with the revised main chassis plate (that I had already purchased separately). So I also got the longer pod pieces to see if those would further improve upon an already excellent car. One might think that adding almost 1/4" to the pod's length would make a huge difference. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find that to be the case. I found the car with the longer pod to drive very much the same as it drove with the shorter one. Maybe it gained a little more smoothness and lost a little of the quick response, but I found those differnces to be hardly notiecable and certainly much more subtle than expected. For me, the altered ego chassis plate in combination with the XTI's standard (shorter) pod is the combo that I like best. As stated, it's easily the best driving 1/12th scale car that I've had, and there have been many over the years.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #1061
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
I got my altered ego chassis plate as a stand-alone item, so when I first ran it, it was with the XTI's standard shorter length pod. It came as an unexpected surprise that the altered ego chassis plate shortened the car's wheelbase almost 1/4". This made the converted car more akin to the length that the cars were several years ago and well before the recent trend to make them gradually longer and longer. And the result.........I found the converted car to be really excellent. Probably the best package that I've ever had. It was super quick and responsive thru the twisties, but still not overly edgy or hard to drive. Subsequently I discovered that CRC also sells the altered ego conversion as a kit which includes new pod graphite along with the revised main chassis plate (that I had already purchased separately). So I also got the longer pod pieces to see if those would further improve upon an already excellent car. One might think that adding almost 1/4" to the pod's length would make a huge difference. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find that to be the case. I found the car with the longer pod to drive very much the same as it drove with the shorter one. Maybe it gained a little more smoothness and lost a little of the quick response, but I found those differnces to be hardly notiecable and certainly much more subtle than expected. For me, the altered ego chassis plate in combination with the XTI's standard (shorter) pod is the combo that I like best. As stated, it's easily the best driving 1/12th scale car that I've had, and there have been many over the years.

Thanks for the feedback...

Shall be testing the car this evening, what I have noticed is the shorter rear pod moves the shock position more into the car..

From the V-Deszign car this is a good thing and make the car much better to drive.

As been waiting on the tweak plate to complete my A.ego have run the car InLine with short rear and the A.Ego shock/tube plate which moved the shock more inside the car

Have to amit the car went really well with this setup and was a .3 quicker than my old car

Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #1062
Tech Master

Is anyone else running inline setup? After testing Thursday so impressed don't plan to change to a.ego

Tested short vs long rear pod... short had way better feel and steering

Old 04-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #1063
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Trying to install a 56t pinion on the XTi. Im not able to move the motor up far enough to get the pinion on. Any suggestions on how to get a bigger pinion in?
M3Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #1064
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Use a smaller spur gear.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #1065
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Ok I could have figured that much I guess. My concern and reason for asking here is because other users in at my race track are using a 56t pinion, same one I purchased. I just haven't gotten around to asking them how they do it, I figured someone here may help me before next sat.
M3Roc is offline   Reply With Quote