R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #1036
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer View Post
The bottom of the battery plate should be flush to sit on the battery. Did you use the right fasteners? I'm not seeing the problem from your pic. Here are some pics of my car. I have a Futaba R204GF-E receiver with an internal antenna so I don't have the antenna mount. The forward most hole on the battery plate isn't countersunk. Put your antenna mount in the first countersunk hole with a countersink screw. Your battery isn't too long.
:
Hope this pic show better that my battery is to long as per the instructions. But will perfectly fit and work just not with the designed cap screw head to hold it from going forward. I'm going to remove the cap screw and if I keep the antenna mount on move it back with a flat screw and double tape the battery in. The HS had smaller mah battery's that fit perfect but not recommended so I didn't buy it. Thanks for all the help guys I'm brand new into it and sure will be asking more soon thanks. Gerry
Attached Thumbnails
Announcing the new Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-image.jpg  
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #1037
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had the same issue. I moved the antenna mount to the furthest forward shock mount hole so that I could use a FH screw.

Rather than double sided tape, I use strapping tape. Don't use the super cheap tape though, make sure it has a solid layer of fiber, not a few bundles of strands.
pmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #1038
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

here's a pic showing how I fit my pro-tek battery
Attached Thumbnails
Announcing the new Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-car.jpg  
pmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #1039
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gso125 View Post
Hope this pic show better that my battery is to long as per the instructions. But will perfectly fit and work just not with the designed cap screw head to hold it from going forward. I'm going to remove the cap screw and if I keep the antenna mount on move it back with a flat screw and double tape the battery in. The HS had smaller mah battery's that fit perfect but not recommended so I didn't buy it. Thanks for all the help guys I'm brand new into it and sure will be asking more soon thanks. Gerry
Just leave the cap head screw off. The ESC will hold the battery in place just fine. If you need somewhere to mount the roll over antenna mount you can countersink the hole or use one of the shock mount holes.

InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #1040
Tech Regular

On my car the battery plate is holding the battery securely all by itself. I have had some good frontal impacts and the battery hasn't moved one bit. I have a few mm between the battery and my ESC/RX and that space is still there after several hours of use. If you want the piece of mind use a bit of double sided tape but I can almost guarantee it's not needed. I prefer to be able to swap my battery easily.

Sean
Old 03-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #1041
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer View Post
On my car the battery plate is holding the battery securely all by itself. I have had some good frontal impacts and the battery hasn't moved one bit. I have a few mm between the battery and my ESC/RX and that space is still there after several hours of use. If you want the piece of mind use a bit of double sided tape but I can almost guarantee it's not needed. I prefer to be able to swap my battery easily.

Sean
I ended up keeping the antenna in the stock end hole and put a pan head screw filed it a little so it just touches the top of the battery. I used some 1/2 inch corded type packing tape so it won't move and I can take it out to swap if needed. I was able to file a little on the antenna mount so my rx fit on the top plate and didn't touch/bind the shock, fit nice.
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #1042
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys I'm looking for a second 12th car. I've raced a Gen xi all season and I love it. Having read this thread and seen a few XTI's it seems like the electrics installation is a bit of an art and its put me off.
I'm wondering if Gen XI's are still available anywhere? its a great car and I want to stay with CRC.

Kev
notsocrazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #1043
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are looking for a more traditional car, CRC makes the Altered Ego which is a transverse battery car, but I got mine as a conversion and I dont know if it is made as a complete kit. Really there is no magic to the XTI electronics install, with the servo up front and out of the way even the biggest ESC's can be shoehorned in.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #1044
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
If you are looking for a more traditional car, CRC makes the Altered Ego which is a transverse battery car, but I got mine as a conversion and I dont know if it is made as a complete kit. Really there is no magic to the XTI electronics install, with the servo up front and out of the way even the biggest ESC's can be shoehorned in.
Yep the Altered Ego certainly looks good and from what I've read probably would suit my driving a little better. From what I understand its not available as a complete kit yet. Its the end of the season now, I wont be needing two cars until October/November time but I thought if I could pickup another XI I would.

Kev
notsocrazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #1045
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

hey guys...anyone know if the futaba 9650 servo fits in with both ears attached? or does one have to be removed like in the directions??
Old 03-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #1046
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the need of a new servo and no altered ego kit are the main reason I stick with xi. xti to me is an over engineered car with no concern of that most customer has different equipments eg servo flexibility, battery size and shape, rx and esc size.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #1047
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I am still rocking the old gen-XL and it suits my style perfectly

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
jdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #1048
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
hey guys...anyone know if the futaba 9650 servo fits in with both ears attached? or does one have to be removed like in the directions??
If it does fit, it would only be with one ear removed. I am not certain it fits with an ear missing though.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #1049
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker View Post
eg servo flexibility, battery size and shape, rx and esc size.
The servo 'might' be different for some if you currently have the 9650. The JR servos fit with one ear removed and the airtronics bolt directly in. An alternate is the Spektrum A5040 which is the same size as the JR and costs $28. The battery size for the XTi is standard 1s full size. I have a Hobbywing ESC in mine and I don't know of any that are bigger. Putting the Rx next to the ESC should allow any to fit, I'm not 100% on this as I use a KO and the Rx's are tiny.
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #1050
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

anyone know what servo saver is needed for the spektrum 5040? the manual references the servo, but doesn't include it in the little kimborough chart