R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #856
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to kiwidave72

I have the Full Alter ego kit which arrived today.

while building the kit i found out that i require the long links from the transverse conversion kit.....not happy given that the website says

"With the Altered Ego parts, the car can be run inline or transverse, however, the geometry alterations do make for a tight fit between the 1s pack and the reversed servo in the inline configuration. We have have run the car inline and it is awesome. However, only the smaller sized speedos and receivers make this possible. In the transverse position, the car has a ton of room to mount electronics and lots of options to move the battery forward and back."

I can not run the car in transverse configuration without the
Longer Links.

Can some tell me what part number of the long links for the xti alter ego transverse mode are?

Also would be nice if CRC could update the website to point this out.

Thanks
David
Losi XXX4 / Speedpassion 13.5 v3. / Hobbywing v3 ESC
https://www.facebook.com/kiwidave72
kiwidave72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #857
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Rollover Antennas .. read the 1/12 forum thread around post #38176

Some quotes from the past:

Some of us can predict the future you know ..
Very good Mr Stream, but I stand by what I said before about rollovers. If I had one, I wouldn't have that cool memory from vegas of my car sliding 45 feet on its lid.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #858
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidave72 View Post
I have the Full Alter ego kit which arrived today.

while building the kit i found out that i require the long links from the transverse conversion kit.....not happy given that the website says

"With the Altered Ego parts, the car can be run inline or transverse, however, the geometry alterations do make for a tight fit between the 1s pack and the reversed servo in the inline configuration. We have have run the car inline and it is awesome. However, only the smaller sized speedos and receivers make this possible. In the transverse position, the car has a ton of room to mount electronics and lots of options to move the battery forward and back."

I can not run the car in transverse configuration without the
Longer Links.

Can some tell me what part number of the long links for the xti alter ego transverse mode are?

Also would be nice if CRC could update the website to point this out.

Thanks
David
You should already have the links from your Xti kit. The Altered Ego is a conversion kit that needs the Xti kit to start with. If you didn't start with an Xti there will probably be other parts you will need as well other than the links...like the slider rear pod.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #859
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
You should already have the links from your Xti kit. The Altered Ego is a conversion kit that needs the Xti kit to start with. If you didn't start with an Xti there will probably be other parts you will need as well other than the links...like the slider rear pod.
Yes i have the xti kit. but not the old transverse conversion kit, just the altered ego chassis kit.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #860
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default new to 12th pan

I have a few questions I have an xti and ordered the altered ego kit so will I need anything else to convert it and run it inline I was also wondering on the rear springs where do they move those because it looks like the ball stud for the links goes in the far outside hole so if anyone can help also if anyone has a side image of the car with the altered ego kit that shows the setup better than crc site i would greatly appreciate seeing those.
SFutahrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #861
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidave72 View Post
Yes i have the xti kit. but not the old transverse conversion kit, just the altered ego chassis kit.
Ah my bad...I didn't realized the transverse kit used different links...that is rather odd of them. These days most cars use a standard link length so I would have thought it was the same link for in-line as transverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFutahrc View Post
I have a few questions I have an xti and ordered the altered ego kit so will I need anything else to convert it and run it inline I was also wondering on the rear springs where do they move those because it looks like the ball stud for the links goes in the far outside hole so if anyone can help also if anyone has a side image of the car with the altered ego kit that shows the setup better than crc site i would greatly appreciate seeing those.
Its sounding like the links are different and in the transverse kit...I'm only seeing 1 sized link sold separately so maybe they are only available in the transverse kit right now. Seems like something they'd need to sell spares of though.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #862
Tech Adept

Quote:
Ah my bad...I didn't realized the transverse kit used different links...that is rather odd of them. These days most cars use a standard link length so I would have thought it was the same link for in-line as transverse.

Its sounding like the links are different and in the transverse kit...I'm only seeing 1 sized link sold separately so maybe they are only available in the transverse kit right now. Seems like something they'd need to sell spares of though.
Yeah its a little bit frustrating. im not sure why the transverse ones are of a different length. I have an old rc12.5, which has links that are the correct length for the xti in transverse config. will take a picture or two tonight to show you all the differences. Lets hope someone from CRC can provide some more light to why the lengths are different, and how i can get my hands on the correct ones, without buying the conversion kit.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #863
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
Hello,

I just bought a NIB XTi Trouble is, I'll have to fit this..

- sanwa 451 receiver
36.5 x 24.0 x 15.0mm

- s9650 servo

Length:1.42 in (36.1 mm)
Width:0.59 in (15.0 mm)
Height:1.14 in (29.0 mm)

- HW 1S ESC
43mm(L) * 36mm(W) * 33mm(H, with cooling fan)

The HW isn't small..

Is it possible or I'll have to change a component? I'd be happy if any of you could post a pic of his XTi with a HW 1S ESC
Here it goes......HW 1S esc with Hitech 225MG Servo & Ko propo Receiver.
I have since changed to a Futaba 9650 with a little mod on the front brace.
The Hitech servo is crap! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Announcing the new Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-crc-xti.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #864
Tech Champion

Ok now that I'm home I can look at my Xti instruction manual for the links. I see part number 3280 as the stock Xti link: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719049

Doing a search on CRC's web site I also see this link: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719082
which state in the description that they are longer than the 3280 so maybe these are the ones you need for the Altered Ego chassis? Can we get confirmation on this?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #865
Tech Adept

Quote:
Ok now that I'm home I can look at my Xti instruction manual for the links. I see part number 3280 as the stock Xti link: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719049

Doing a search on CRC's web site I also see this link: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719082
which state in the description that they are longer than the 3280 so maybe these are the ones you need for the Altered Ego chassis? Can we get confirmation on this?

Looks like the 65mm links are the ones i need.

here is a photo of the altered ego chassis with the short links that come with the xti. one link connected for the inline (which works), and the other connected for a transverse config (just not long enough)

http://s1157.beta.photobucket.com/us...bad1b.jpg.html

i have measured the gap and its centers are at 65mm.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #866
Tech Champion

I'm glad you brought that up because I was going to order new links and a new lower rear pod plate for my Xti this week and I probably would have got the wrong ones!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #867
Tech Fanatic

To run the battery transverse, you need the part#3281 links. They need to be longer because with the battery sideways, the link needs to be longer to reach the chassis.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #868
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFutahrc View Post
To run it inline, you do not need anything else. The springs only move if you run the battery transverse.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #869
Tech Master

Putting those electronic pieces seems to be a problem on the inline chassis. Any bros can post their pictures about it please? Thanks!
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #870
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by evirobs View Post
Here it goes......HW 1S esc with Hitech 225MG Servo & Ko propo Receiver.
I have since changed to a Futaba 9650 with a little mod on the front brace.
The Hitech servo is crap! lol
looks great, I like the placement of the capacitor and switch just out of the way.

Two questions, where do you fit your transponder and do you get enough flex out of your motor wires? Even with a big mod I run 16 gauge, but it does have about 3" less distance to stretch to the motor.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote