R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #841
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
the EV10, Lonny still has his... I don't know why but the shape of the chassis plate always reminded me of Space Invaders.

sorry if I ruined it for you and will never look at it the same again.
I still have enough of the graphite parts to build a few road and oval cars...just not the plastic parts
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #842
Tech Regular

Dumper could you post your setup from MMR last weekend, I normally race there and am curious to see what you were running. Thanks!
avink007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #843
Tech Champion

Hello,

I just bought a NIB XTi Trouble is, I'll have to fit this..

- sanwa 451 receiver
36.5 x 24.0 x 15.0mm

- s9650 servo

Length:1.42 in (36.1 mm)
Width:0.59 in (15.0 mm)
Height:1.14 in (29.0 mm)

- HW 1S ESC
43mm(L) * 36mm(W) * 33mm(H, with cooling fan)

The HW isn't small..

Is it possible or I'll have to change a component? I'd be happy if any of you could post a pic of his XTi with a HW 1S ESC
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #844
Tech Champion

There's ways to make it work though it may not be optimal...it will work. Ideally you'd be better off with smaller electronics. But without changing electronics you can try mounting the RX on top of the battery brace. Yes it raises the CG...but if you don't have room there isn't much choice otherwise.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #845
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
There's ways to make it work though it may not be optimal...it will work. Ideally you'd be better off with smaller electronics. But without changing electronics you can try mounting the RX on top of the battery brace. Yes it raises the CG...but if you don't have room there isn't much choice otherwise.
I'm a beginner in 1/12 scale so as soon as the car is balanced well it's ok
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #846
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Getting an Altered Ego kit for the car does change where the body mount holes are, right? It looks like it from the pictures and I'm going to paint up a new body anyway but I just wanted to know for sure.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #847
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well after building my Xti over the Christmas and New Years Break I Have to say CRC has out done them self's again. What a Great Car!! My first race with with the car this last weekend found it on top of the podium winning My A1 and A2 Mains. Thanks Mr. Slapmaster for the setup help and everyone that post information on this thread that help all us racers out here in small town BFE.
Attached Thumbnails
Announcing the new Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-2013-01-04_22-29-02_182.jpg  
F1 CRC WTF1 FC-16 / Advance Elc. Black Diamond
jpcardhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #848
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Mark Stiles

Quote:
Getting an Altered Ego kit for the car does change where the body mount holes are, right? It looks like it from the pictures and I'm going to paint up a new body anyway but I just wanted to know for sure.
The front body holes are in the same place, while the rears will be about 5mm further forward on the Altered Ego chassis (since the centre pivot assembly, cross brace and side links are all moved forward 5mm from std).

BRCA 1/12 Electric Circuit Section Chairman
Mark Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #849
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Random question of the day or kind of a Poll.

How many of you run Without a Rollover Antenna?

I personally Don't have one for the sole reason that it pushes me to drive cleaner. Making no mistakes in 17.5 blinky is key. But the risks are high as one rollover means one lap down min for our track.

Just looking for your thoughts - Also I prefer the clean look than looking like a bumper car. (which is how half of our club drives them lol)

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
jdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #850
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

After the IIC I stopped using them. The only time my car ever left it's wheels was there and it ended up sitting on it's side anyways so I figured there is no reason to have one.
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #851
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was ME who should have had a rollover at the IIC... or maybe not depending on how you look at it. I was stinking up the slow Mod 1/12 qualifier because I had screwed up my radio settings and I clipped the inner tube on the backstraight at about 1/3 the track, and the car flipped over as gently as a 1/12 car can and slid the rest of the length of the back straight on its lid, stopped right at the outer corner marshals feet, like 10" from the pipe at the end of the straight. All things considered it was a fantastic success, the car stopped well out of the racing line, and I didn't break a thing (on that hit) or impede anybody else. It occurred to me if I had a rollover, I would have stopped right in the middle of the lane and probably gotten blasted by Alf.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #852
Tech Elite

ive always run one because i have always wanted to see my car flip off the track and impale a marshall. how funny would it be to see a marshall running around screaming with a 1/12 stuck through their chest. i even sharpen the point.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #853
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
ive always run one because i have always wanted to see my car flip off the track and impale a marshall. how funny would it be to see a marshall running around screaming with a 1/12 stuck through their chest. i even sharpen the point.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #854
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
It was ME who should have had a rollover at the IIC... or maybe not depending on how you look at it. I was stinking up the slow Mod 1/12 qualifier because I had screwed up my radio settings and I clipped the inner tube on the backstraight at about 1/3 the track, and the car flipped over as gently as a 1/12 car can and slid the rest of the length of the back straight on its lid, stopped right at the outer corner marshals feet, like 10" from the pipe at the end of the straight. All things considered it was a fantastic success, the car stopped well out of the racing line, and I didn't break a thing (on that hit) or impede anybody else. It occurred to me if I had a rollover, I would have stopped right in the middle of the lane and probably gotten blasted by Alf.

Rollover Antennas .. read the 1/12 forum thread around post #38176

Some quotes from the past:

Quote:
I guess i always just liked the clean look of no rollover stick... its hard to flip a 1/12 unless you race on a track with corner volcanos.
Quote:
I will not be running a rollover antenna at the IIC. The car is too pudgy already and I will not be adding the weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
Not using a rollover antenna in 1/12 is just dumb. Looks are not important, performance is. It doesn't happen every time, but how will you feel if you travel to a big race and lose a 1/2 a lap or a whole one because your car is on it's lid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Food for thought ..

IIC .. Imagine shorting the sweeper, the car gets unsettled, flops on it's lid and goes sliding across the carpet head first into the board, jumps the board, and goes underneath the promotional tables that are set up by the sweeper. The marshal goes scrambling for your car which he can't see cause it's somewhere underneath the tables. I've seen it happen more than once.

Last year 8-10 seconds was the difference between being TQ and BQ, BQ and CQ. It's the difference between a full main.

Some of us can predict the future you know ..
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #855
Tech Champion

Here is a video of the track I'll be driving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6d4A7e1w9Xc

If anyone can help with a starting setup and gearing.. And tires too (it's cold inside). I'm a beginner in 1/12 scale.