Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by al dente
we measure kingpin length from the steering block to the bottom of the e clip groove. basically you are taking the measurement of the eclip, spring and pivot ball, if that makes sense. the king pin should not be angled unless it is screwed into the steering block wrong, or bent. there is a moulding seem on the steering block, try not to measure from there, but always try to go from the same spot. i.e., even with where the set screw goes in, or something like that.
i just checked my kingpin length seems to me that if you measure from the set screw you will have way to much preload on the springs so i don't think you can measure from that. seem to me the best place to measure from would be the top side of the lower arm to the eclip. i am guessing here but that to me seems the most logical way to get a .404 kingpin length. so let me know if i am wrong ? maybe some pics would help
Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
i just checked my kingpin length seems to me that if you measure from the set screw you will have way to much preload on the springs so i don't think you can measure from that. seem to me the best place to measure from would be the top side of the lower arm to the eclip. i am guessing here but that to me seems the most logical way to get a .404 kingpin length. so let me know if i am wrong ? maybe some pics would help
you measure from where the king pin goes in the steering block to the eclip groove, you have to remove the tire,eclip,spring and remove the king pin from the lower arm. then using your calipers measure from the eclip groove to the bottom of the block. What al dente was suggesting is to measure from the same spot as in line your calipers up with the set screw so both sides are the same, not measure from them. hope this helps
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by troyer25
you measure from where the king pin goes in the steering block to the eclip groove, you have to remove the tire,eclip,spring and remove the king pin from the lower arm. then using your calipers measure from the eclip groove to the bottom of the block. What al dente was suggesting is to measure from the same spot as in line your calipers up with the set screw so both sides are the same, not measure from them. hope this helps
i got it now that makes sense
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I have to ask that brutal honest question: does your track have some hard barriers and are you getting in contact with them?

I ran my Xti hard into a fastened barrier at IIC into the left rear. It didn't improve its smoothness, but I didn't kill it either. If you are concerned about your track being too firm, slide a 3/16" o-ring on the axle and then shim with 1/4 spacers... make a little cushion out of it.

Brian
i like that idea..

track isnt road hard, we use crc clik-track with small velcro strips on the bottom. i did hit a couple times.. but not more than i have with any other crc car ive had..

im goin to try that oring idea.. just have to shave the spacer/collar down that little bit to keep the track width..
thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

having a longer king pin will give the car more front droop, if you run a shorter kingpin than the .404, you are running preload in the front spring, a longer king pin should let the front of the car roll more, and increase steering, a shorter one will tighten up the front.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

having a longer king pin will give the car more front droop, if you run a shorter kingpin than the .404, you are running preload in the front spring, a longer king pin should let the front of the car roll more, and increase steering, a shorter one will tighten up the front.
what should the kingpin length be? i see a lot of people referring to a .404 kingpin length.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

what should the kingpin length be? i see a lot of people referring to a .404 kingpin length.
.404 is ran just about every where. you can adjust it as needed but .404 inches is a good place to start
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

run .404, then run .407. see if you can feel a difference. just like some will like inline, and some will like transverse, each setup item will have pros and cons for each driver. there is no golden setup that will be perfect 100% of the time for 100% of the people. try them both, see what difference it makes, then you will have that information for tuning in the future.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

run .404, then run .407. see if you can feel a difference. just like some will like inline, and some will like transverse, each setup item will have pros and cons for each driver. there is no golden setup that will be perfect 100% of the time for 100% of the people. try them both, see what difference it makes, then you will have that information for tuning in the future.
thanks i will try it out
Old 10-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default hobbywing 1s esc ver 1

whats the most drag brake should i have setup in the esc running 17.5 blinky
Old 10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

whats the most drag brake should i have setup in the esc running 17.5 blinky
I am not Mario Ficco, but my response would be "none". 17.5 12th is all about carrying corner speed and unless you run a Max-like setup where you let off the throttle quite a lot, you really never need to back off on the throttle that much. Throttle movement in 17.5 blinky is like 1/16th of your trigger travel.

Alternately, since you should likely never hit neutral position until the end of the race, you can run as much damn drag brake as you would like.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone know where I can get the diffuser from apart from CRC. Their site is down and I've just decided I want one now! lol
Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Anyone know where I can get the diffuser from apart from CRC. Their site is down and I've just decided I want one now! lol
not sure but i don't think they are available yet. think crc is still working to get them to the public.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

not sure but i don't think they are available yet. think crc is still working to get them to the public.
Ok, I guess I'll just keep making my own out of buggy wings until then.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Ok, I guess I'll just keep making my own out of buggy wings until then.
Hmm ...
Attached Thumbnails Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-t_13240.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.