R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #211
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

hey will cln3381 ride height spacers work with the xti?
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #212
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
The fact that your weights are off diagonally suggests your car is tweaked. Back the side springs all the way off and disconnect the damper tubes and see if that makes a difference. Also be sure the scales and car are level side to side and front to back.
what spring r u referring too all of them? ok i missed read.

ok xti was rf 174.9 lf 136.9 now is rf 169.4 lf 142.2 the rear was rr186.9 lr 205.3 now rr 208.7 lr 183.5


xi was rf 124.6 now 130.5 lf 171.4 now 165.9 rear was rr 228.6 now 229.8 lr 162.8 now 171.1.

that did not make any positive changes if anything it got worst

Last edited by bigtee; 10-09-2012 at 01:04 PM.
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #213
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default slapmaster6000

you got a pm
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #214
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp View Post
I ran my 13.5 car transverse and my mod car inline!
Why ?
zozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #215
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,750
Default

for what it's worth.......

i ran my xti in the inline configuration all week at vegas. after practice, i was seeded 5th for the qualifying runs, with a fast lap of 10.2 and was on pace with the rest of the a main guys. poor driving left me out in the cold after qualifying, and i have no one to blame but myself, landing in the 19th qualifying spot. however, a good run in the main had me miss out on bumping to the "A" by .8 second, and had i not been taken out by a back marker in said main, with 10 laps to go, there would have been one more XTI in the "A" at vegas.

the inline configuration has proven that it it can be fast in all classes, from stock to mod. the beauty of this car is it's ability to be changed into what you want it to be. around the pits, one of the sayings i over heard was, "this car is the "play dough" of 1/12, because you can mold it into any shape you like."

kudos to frank for thinking outside the box, and giving us a truly remarkable car that gives you the option of doing what YOU want to do, instead of settling for a "one size fits all" approach. so for all of you people who think that you know what a car is supposed to be, and feel like, pick one up, and go to town. for some, the inline configuration will not be better, for others it will. remember, it's not the arrow....its the indian.

look for big things from this car in races throughout the year.
__________________
Team CRC / Dumper's Speed Shop / Team Scream Racing / Black Art
RC America / FB/FX / Colorado On Road RC Club / Manutech
5280 Raceway (5280raceway.com) home of the MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23, 2017
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #216
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Bern, N.C.
Posts: 1,179
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp View Post
What can I say about the new CRC XTI other than that it's DIALED!
I took the win in 12th 13.5 in Vegas and finished 6th in mod 12th!
I ran my 13.5 car transverse and my mod car inline!
Post setups soon!
Andrew,
what factor(s) motivated your decision to run 13.5 with a transverse battery and to run mod with the battery inline?
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #217
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
what spring r u referring too all of them? ok i missed read.

ok xti was rf 174.9 lf 136.9 now is rf 169.4 lf 142.2 the rear was rr186.9 lr 205.3 now rr 208.7 lr 183.5


xi was rf 124.6 now 130.5 lf 171.4 now 165.9 rear was rr 228.6 now 229.8 lr 162.8 now 171.1.

that did not make any positive changes if anything it got worst
But now both heavy wheels are on the same side. You need to start moving the electronics around to try to balance the car. Are you running inline or crossways battery?
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #218
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

I'd guess that the scales heights are different and the heavy wheels are going to be dependent on which scales are where. Weigh the car, turn it 180 and weigh again. Now swap the scales left to right and weight a third time. For the fourth set of values turn the car again. If your scales are like mine you will see that the weights are all over the place. I'm certain that one of my scales is higher than the others and affecting the weights. For left/right balance I am now just using the Hudy balance tools and using the scales only for front/rear weight bias until I can get them to read much more consistently.
__________________
John Barr
On-Road: VBC WildFireD08; VBC Lightning10; VBC Lightning12; VBC Lightning10-235mm
Off-Road: Not likely
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #219
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
But now both heavy wheels are on the same side. You need to start moving the electronics around to try to balance the car. Are you running inline or crossways battery?
have it inline xti.

crossways xi
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #220
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
I'd guess that the scales heights are different and the heavy wheels are going to be dependent on which scales are where. Weigh the car, turn it 180 and weigh again. Now swap the scales left to right and weight a third time. For the fourth set of values turn the car again. If your scales are like mine you will see that the weights are all over the place. I'm certain that one of my scales is higher than the others and affecting the weights. For left/right balance I am now just using the Hudy balance tools and using the scales only for front/rear weight bias until I can get them to read much more consistently.
i was thinking of pulling the rear pod and front tires and just try to balance the main chassis. any thoughts on that option?
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #221
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default team crc help

can the team give some insight on balancing both xti and xi
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #222
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,140
Default

The XTI should be pretty close as is. All the equipment is lined up along the center axis. If it's way off, you may have a problem with your scales alignment as linkless said. You might try borrowing a car that is in balance from someone and see how it checks on your scales. If they are not level and at the same exact height, they will be off.
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #223
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 2,949
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

You guys are trying too hard with high end equipment to achieve balance. I will take some pic's in the morning showing something really simple. You will absolutely drive yourself crazy with scales.
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #224
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,191
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
for what it's worth.......

i ran my xti in the inline configuration all week at vegas. after practice, i was seeded 5th for the qualifying runs, with a fast lap of 10.2 and was on pace with the rest of the a main guys. poor driving left me out in the cold after qualifying, and i have no one to blame but myself, landing in the 19th qualifying spot. however, a good run in the main had me miss out on bumping to the "A" by .8 second, and had i not been taken out by a back marker in said main, with 10 laps to go, there would have been one more XTI in the "A" at vegas.

the inline configuration has proven that it it can be fast in all classes, from stock to mod. the beauty of this car is it's ability to be changed into what you want it to be. around the pits, one of the sayings i over heard was, "this car is the "play dough" of 1/12, because you can mold it into any shape you like."

kudos to frank for thinking outside the box, and giving us a truly remarkable car that gives you the option of doing what YOU want to do, instead of settling for a "one size fits all" approach. so for all of you people who think that you know what a car is supposed to be, and feel like, pick one up, and go to town. for some, the inline configuration will not be better, for others it will. remember, it's not the arrow....its the indian.

look for big things from this car in races throughout the year.
WOW....... Can't tell your a team driver. Lol
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #225
Tech Adept
 
Andrew Knapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rapid Competition Rc Raceway
Posts: 100
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Knapp Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Knapp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozo View Post
Why ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Andrew,
what factor(s) motivated your decision to run 13.5 with a transverse battery and to run mod with the battery inline?
I wanted to try the car both ways, see what it did, I figured modified would tell me if the car is good inline, and it did just that! I thought the inline car drove awesome. I rant 13.5 car transverse and what I noticed between the two cars is that my modified car was a little bit more responsive through the corners, now at home I will be changing my 13.5 car to inline as well!
__________________
Team CRC www.teamcrc.com--Team Trinity--Revtech--Team Spektrum www.spektrumrc.com--protoform--SXT--Rapid Competition RC Raceway and my dad!
Andrew Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12th Scale Racing is Alive and Well in So Cal RedBullFiXX California Racing 563 11-20-2016 08:18 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:09 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0