Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by big_ads
Depends on what servo saver you are using and what position they are in. I always like to have the rods slightly higher on the outside of the car. I use the xray servo save with the ball studs in the lowest hole and I use a 2.5 mm shim to raise the ball stud on the steering knuckles. The Kimbrough save I always ran the ball studs in the middle holes with a 1mm shim on the steering knuckles.
Thanks for the help,gonna try the x-ray servo saver ,liked it on my old x-ray,plus it seems to be better then my old kimbrough saver
Old 09-29-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I'm curious if I can replace the chassis plate from an older XL car with a newer Lipo version chassis? Im not to worried about a complete conversion, just a lipo specific chassis plate.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X marksthespot
Thanks for the help,gonna try the x-ray servo saver ,liked it on my old x-ray,plus it seems to be better then my old kimbrough saver
Keep in mind you will need to grind a little bit of the bottom of the xray one off to keep it from sticking out the bottom of the chassis.

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I'm curious if I can replace the chassis plate from an older XL car with a newer Lipo version chassis? Im not to worried about a complete conversion, just a lipo specific chassis plate.
The newer version uses a different style tweak plate and the rear pod is a bit different and the front end requires a u-plate to mount as well. You are better off to get a new kit if you want the lipo plate, if not the XL is still a great car.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hello,quick question about steering link angels,is it better to raise the steering ball up to level the rod or lower the servo saver point so they r straight and level with the chassis,the rods have a very slight reward rake to them to the ball cup on the steering blocks,as if I was looking down on the front end.I read this is what u want with the links.I also think this is what is causing the bump steer,it bumps to toe in as the suspension is compressed.I also believe this is one of the reasons the car has a slight push on the corner exit.So do i lower the servo saver points or raise the the ball stud on the steering block to help cure this bump toe in problem??Sorry for the rant,lol.Thanks a lot for the help.Erik
The front to rear parallel difference will affect the steering ackerman. With the links pointing towards the rear of the car, the outer tire will want to cut a tighter circle than the inner tire. Ackerman generally changes how the car responds in a similar way that toe in/out would, but it is progressive to wheel input rather than static.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by gubbs3
The front to rear parallel difference will affect the steering ackerman. With the links pointing towards the rear of the car, the outer tire will want to cut a tighter circle than the inner tire. Ackerman generally changes how the car responds in a similar way that toe in/out would, but it is progressive to wheel input rather than static.
I will try some shims on the steering blocks and move the links forward and backward with the servo saver and compare the times and see if it does improve the car.I did get some of the bump steer toe in fixed,but its still there a little.not as bad as it used to be.Again thanks for the help
Old 09-30-2016, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Keep in mind you will need to grind a little bit of the bottom of the xray one off to keep it from sticking out the bottom of the chassis.That i did not know,hope it wont make it weaker with the trimming,thanks for the tip

The newer version uses a different style tweak plate and the rear pod is a bit different and the front end requires a u-plate to mount as well. You are better off to get a new kit if you want the lipo plate, if not the XL is still a great car.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Does any one know the parts #s to convert and a e chassis to the wc chassis and is it worth it?,is it just the chassis and u plate with 2 more screws or is there more to it?

Last edited by X marksthespot; 10-03-2016 at 01:02 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 10-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Does any one know the parts #s to convert and a e chassis to the wc chassis and is it worth it?,is it just the chassis and u plate with 2 more screws or is there more to it?
The chassis and U-plate are the only difference between the worlds car and the AE. The two extra screws for added front end rigidity are the biggest difference aside from having a little more space to mount electronics. As for whether it is worth it or not, the holes are all in the exact same spot so I guess it depends on who you are if it is worth it or not.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

The chassis and U-plate are the only difference between the worlds car and the AE. The two extra screws for added front end rigidity are the biggest difference aside from having a little more space to mount electronics. As for whether it is worth it or not, the holes are all in the exact same spot so I guess it depends on who you are if it is worth it or not.
Thanks for the info
Old 10-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

subscribed. Picking mine up on Saturday. 1st 1/12 i have ever had and i have been in the hobby for 30 years!
Old 10-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Putting together my XTI-WC and I have a couple of questions. This is far from my first RC car, but my first pan car.

1) When I hold one side of the axle and rotate the spur gear, I get a click (almost like a detent) about once every revolution. Did I over tighten the diff nut and crush the outer hub bearing?

2) What's the trick to getting these lightened diff rings centered on the hubs? I had to fiddle with both of them for a while before getting them "snapped" into place on the hubs so they were both centered. Is the hassle really worth the tiny bit of saved weight? It seems like standard D rings would keep out more carpet fiber and be far less hassle.

Thank you!
Old 10-06-2016, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erikras
Putting together my XTI-WC and I have a couple of questions. This is far from my first RC car, but my first pan car.

1) When I hold one side of the axle and rotate the spur gear, I get a click (almost like a detent) about once every revolution. Did I over tighten the diff nut and crush the outer hub bearing?

2) What's the trick to getting these lightened diff rings centered on the hubs? I had to fiddle with both of them for a while before getting them "snapped" into place on the hubs so they were both centered. Is the hassle really worth the tiny bit of saved weight? It seems like standard D rings would keep out more carpet fiber and be far less hassle.

Thank you!
It is possible the bearing is bad on the hub. Take it out and use a pencil to check it by putting side pressure on the bearing while rotating it. Also make sure the balls were clean and the holes they were put into on the gear are clean as well.

As for the D-Rings almost everyone runs the regular ones. The lightened version can be bent pretty easily.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is possible the bearing is bad on the hub. Take it out and use a pencil to check it by putting side pressure on the bearing while rotating it. Also make sure the balls were clean and the holes they were put into on the gear are clean as well.

As for the D-Rings almost everyone runs the regular ones. The lightened version can be bent pretty easily.
Thank you!

One last question... the kit included two 1/4" shims in the the bag with the diff parts. The illustration in the manual shows these being placed between the outer hub bearing and the aluminum diff spacer with the lip. However, the written instructions make no mention of them and I'm not sure what purpose they serve. Do I need these?

If it matters, I'm running 1/8" diff balls and not the included 3/32" balls. My clubs spec class requires running a 78T Kimbrough spur.

Thanks again!
Old 10-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erikras
Thank you!

One last question... the kit included two 1/4" shims in the the bag with the diff parts. The illustration in the manual shows these being placed between the outer hub bearing and the aluminum diff spacer with the lip. However, the written instructions make no mention of them and I'm not sure what purpose they serve. Do I need these?

If it matters, I'm running 1/8" diff balls and not the included 3/32" balls. My clubs spec class requires running a 78T Kimbrough spur.

Thanks again!
If you are running a 1/8" diff ball you shouldn't need them. They are for the 3/32 spur gears
Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

So I have finally taken my car for a club night race and must say that I love how it performs. I had a 12r5.2 with a slapmaster thrust bearing on it and had a butter smooth diff action. I used it on this car and for some reason I can't get it to tighten up enough and all it does is slip for a long time then I get traction. Is there something that I am overlooking?? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.