Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Penz316
So I re-test tire compound this week-end ...

1/12 13.5T Blinky this time ... and again, I finish with my double blu / blu combinaison ... Same lap time, more consistent and less fade for me ...

Maybe it's our track. 99% of 1/12 drivers here runs that combo
Was that three heats and a main? How did you sauce?
Old 06-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tested the extended-mount pod top plate and I think it actually allowed my car to carry a little more corner speed. It might have caused the car to be a little more front-biased, but it seemed minor and I think the car controlled the turn-in forces on the grippy carpet surface better than with the stock top plate.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I tested the extended-mount pod top plate and I think it actually allowed my car to carry a little more corner speed. It might have caused the car to be a little more front-biased, but it seemed minor and I think the car controlled the turn-in forces on the grippy carpet surface better than with the stock top plate.
That's been my experience as well. I run extended plates on my 12th scale car and WGT car. I found that it allows you to run a less aggressive front-end set-up, but still carry excellent cornerspeed. A very useful trait when battling super high traction situations that might lead to traction rolling.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Crc'ers!
I have a little problem with my xti-wc... the center shock pops off if hitting the barriers.... The car is pretty new, still the plastic cup has some play on the ball...
I have seen the Team Prime shock, and my question is: is it possible to fit in my xti? I mean, the alloy balls are the same or do I have to switch to others? Do the crc springs fit the shock?
Old 07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
That's been my experience as well. I run extended plates on my 12th scale car and WGT car. I found that it allows you to run a less aggressive front-end set-up, but still carry excellent cornerspeed. A very useful trait when battling super high traction situations that might lead to traction rolling.
I took some of the spring out of the rear.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Flygio
Hi Crc'ers!
I have a little problem with my xti-wc... the center shock pops off if hitting the barriers.... The car is pretty new, still the plastic cup has some play on the ball...
I have seen the Team Prime shock, and my question is: is it possible to fit in my xti? I mean, the alloy balls are the same or do I have to switch to others? Do the crc springs fit the shock?
I use cotton inside the ball cups to take up play in both the shock and the steering links. But I doubt that taking up the play is going to stop the shock from popping off. You might have gotten a ball that is slightly undersized. I would suggest replacing the ball and see if that helps.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah I've never had that problem ever. I've broken shafts and plates in nasty hits but the ball cups were still on. Try some new balls and cups.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flygio
Hi Crc'ers!
on the cap end of the shock, I prefer the plastic piece that has a hole in it rather than the one that looks more like an enclosed ballcup. I have the cap end of my shock towards the front of the car and I'm using a coated ballstud that installs with an allen wrench.....which can be accessed via the hole in the plastic shock cap. That combo works great and the plastic cap never gets loose on the ballstud because I don't ever need to unsnap it. Rather I just unscrew the ballstud on the rare occasions when I want to re-oil or service the shock. For the shaft end, CRC now offers a little aluminum adapter that threads onto the shock shaft and increases its thread size to 4-40. That newish adapter allows you to use most any type of plastic ballcup of your choosing. I use a dubro ball end on mine with a longish 4-40 button head screw that remains in the upper pod plate (in lieu of a ballstud there) so that it's super easy to remove one 4-40 nut to accommodate quick and easy battery changes. This combo does increase the overall length of the shock, so the shock mount needs to move foward one hole in the main chassis, but I consider that too as a benefit.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've seen some pic's where the servo is in a rear position and seen it in the backward position. Looks like directions say to install it backwards. Is it that so you get the weight bias correct or can I install the servo with splines*facing forward with no ill effects?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I took some of the spring out of the rear.
I did as well.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vafactor
on the cap end of the shock, I prefer the plastic piece that has a hole in it rather than the one that looks more like an enclosed ballcup. I have the cap end of my shock towards the front of the car and I'm using a coated ballstud that installs with an allen wrench.....which can be accessed via the hole in the plastic shock cap. That combo works great and the plastic cap never gets loose on the ballstud because I don't ever need to unsnap it. Rather I just unscrew the ballstud on the rare occasions when I want to re-oil or service the shock. For the shaft end, CRC now offers a little aluminum adapter that threads onto the shock shaft and increases its thread size to 4-40. That newish adapter allows you to use most any type of plastic ballcup of your choosing. I use a dubro ball end on mine with a longish 4-40 button head screw that remains in the upper pod plate (in lieu of a ballstud there) so that it's super easy to remove one 4-40 nut to accommodate quick and easy battery changes. This combo does increase the overall length of the shock, so the shock mount needs to move foward one hole in the main chassis, but I consider that too as a benefit.
Yes, i've seen the adapter, I'll place an order soon. Thanks
Old 07-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a problem I've been having consistently, lately: What body fits over the front end when you run the 0 degree reactive caster blocks and the roll center adjusters? It stands the front arms way up. The only one I can find that fits is the Strakka, or maybe the Mohawk.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Here's a problem I've been having consistently, lately: What body fits over the front end when you run the 0 degree reactive caster blocks and the roll center adjusters? It stands the front arms way up. The only one I can find that fits is the Strakka, or maybe the Mohawk.
Ran the Lola all last year that way with no problem.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sorry for the newbie question here, but I've read from about page 100 and it seems that the most common tires choices are Blue Front / Blue Rear. Dbl Blue Front / Green Rear, Black Front / Yellow Rear. My biggest question is what brand? Does it matter?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
Sorry for the newbie question here, but I've read from about page 100 and it seems that the most common tires choices are Blue Front / Blue Rear. Dbl Blue Front / Green Rear, Black Front / Yellow Rear. My biggest question is what brand? Does it matter?
What traction level are you running on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.