R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #1606
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Here's the annoying part to selling thrust kits: all the axle are not the same!

The WC with the included 3/32" diff ball spur gear needs the #109 kit. If you use 1/8" ball spurs, the #120 kit.
Perfect. I will be ordering the #109 right now.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #1607
Tech Regular

Greetings goin2drt. My appologies; you probably measured correctly[according to your application].My intention was simply to illustrate instructions. I've acquired all three Slapmaster kits - there have been several manufacture's axels on my pancars(1/12 & 1/10) so having the reliability in these thrust bearings means on less item for between heat maintenance.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:35 PM   #1608
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Here's the annoying part to selling thrust kits: all the axle are not the same!

The WC with the included 3/32" diff ball spur gear needs the #109 kit. If you use 1/8" ball spurs, the #120 kit.
PP sent. Thanks.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #1609
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Is there a conversion kit from XTI to XTI WC? What are the changes? Thanks in advance.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #1610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If you have the AE version of the XTI, it is an easy chassis and U plate. If you have an inline XTI, well then it's not easy and may not be practical to upgrade. I did ask if a conversion was in the works and got a simple "no".
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:58 AM   #1611
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I had really good luck with my WC this past weekend in Sydney, BC WCICS #5 race. 230 entries on an Island? Crazy! Simply one of the best 13.5 cars I have ever driven!
Brian
Looked at your setup sheet. Have question about the notes. What did you experience to make that comment. I am not sure I understand the part about left and over-rotation.

Another question about the upper plate on the motor pod. Is the hole you used on 3263 the same as the only hole of the stock plate to mount the center shock?
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:14 AM   #1612
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For a minute there I thought Slapmaster had gone all the way to Australia to race toy cars, then I remembered there is a town called "Sidney" in Canada.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #1613
Tech Adept

Hi guys!

Does anyone know what is the servo Marc Rheinard used in his CRC at the last worlds?

Thanks a lot!!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #1614
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
Looked at your setup sheet. Have question about the notes. What did you experience to make that comment. I am not sure I understand the part about left and over-rotation.

Another question about the upper plate on the motor pod. Is the hole you used on 3263 the same as the only hole of the stock plate to mount the center shock?
The car was flat out fast! That's why I made that comment. Fast to Last; .5ths in R3! In the main, I had some coaster laps at the end.

The #3263 rr top plate is a hold over from my mod car. This car was my back up from Worlds, I went with twins and I just haven't replaced that upper plate for stock one. To answer, the rr hole on the 3263 is about a 1/4" fwd of the stock hole, therefore the shock is more fwd in the car. A more fwd shock in the car is more a mod thing theory that I am still working on. But the basis of it is: more fwd shock is better in med to high grip while more rearward shock is better in low to med grip. It's a work in progress.

The Sidney track for the last two years has had this switch back hockey stick thing leading onto the straight. It is a heavy line of traction there! My set up has quite a bit of on throttle steering. That particular spot, I could lift the inside rear tire which could over rate the car causing it to pop the heal of the hockey stick. The trick there was to lay down more power and sling shot out a bit instead of running the rail. Clear as mud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
For a minute there I thought Slapmaster had gone all the way to Australia to race toy cars, then I remembered there is a town called "Sidney" in Canada.
I was in Sydney, Au not long ago looking for tracks. Didn't have a rental car at the time so it didn't work out. But yeah, the other Sidney on Cananda's Big Isl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygio View Post
Hi guys!

Does anyone know what is the servo Marc Rheinard used in his CRC at the last worlds?

Thanks a lot!!
I want to say that is Sanwa's version of Air 94761, I think the specs are just a little zippier then the Airtronics.
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #1615
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
................. Clear as mud?

Yes, Brian. It is. I have had times on heavy traction where my car would lift the inside rear wheel. It has happened on almost every brand car I have ever had. Tried soft, medium and hard dampening. Tried soft, medium and heavy springs. I did have some success with raising the rear roll center, but that was it. But this is extremely challenging when you have inconsistent traction around the layout. It was so bad for me at one Snowbirds that the car would flip over itself across the track.

I want to say that is Sanwa's version of Air 94761, I think the specs are just a little zippier then the Airtronics.
Yes, I am virtually sure it was the Sanwa SRG-HR. I have tried very hard with the Airtronics importer to bring it in but they won't do it. Last time I bought it was from RC-Mushroom. This servo is small, but strong enough for the WGT chassis.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:43 PM   #1616
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Quote:
If you have the AE version of the XTI, it is an easy chassis and U plate. If you have an inline XTI, well then it's not easy and may not be practical to upgrade. I did ask if a conversion was in the works and got a simple "no".
Ok thanks I don't have a CRC car but was considering an xti, but without a conversion kit just getting a new kit makes more sense if I decide to buy another car.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:09 AM   #1617
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
Yes, I am virtually sure it was the Sanwa SRG-HR. I have tried very hard with the Airtronics importer to bring it in but they won't do it. Last time I bought it was from RC-Mushroom. This servo is small, but strong enough for the WGT chassis.
It is the best servo for 1/12 in my opinion and I've tried several. I got mine from here:
Modele.sklep.pl
pmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #1618
Tech Adept

Quote:

Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #1619
Tech Fanatic

Default Aero Downforce

Slapmaster (Brian) - Did you experience the center chassis rubbing the carpet during the WC? I heard that some drivers experienced that and had to use stiffer center springs to stop the chassis from rubbing the carpet.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #1620
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've had a XTi-WC on backorder for a month. Everyone seems to be out of stock. Currently running a Gen-Xi that I've converted to the slider pod. Is it at all possible to convert this to the XTi-WC? What would I need besides the main chassis, front u-plate and XTi tweak plate (but which one do I use?)
Wish they would put the assembly manual for the WC online so I could reference part #s.
biz77 is offline   Reply With Quote