Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Frank has written his race report and posted it on the CRC webpage. It states that the cars were a couple different versions, and that Mark ran a prototype. Prototypes usually get put into production and I expect this one will to. But, I expect CRC to make the main chassis available as a separate option to the main Altered Ego kit. It appears from the pictures on the website that the rest of the components are straight from the kit. I would also assume that the setup sheet will soon be available on the website, if it is not already there.

Glad to see Slapmaster also included at the World's. I am sure he had some important input to the final configuration of the prototype used and can tell some interesting stories how it was developed, both prior to and during the event.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been racing a CRC GenX for a year. I would like the longer side links and better battery retention of the newer cars but don't want to buy a whole new kit. Can I get the Altered Ego plates (CLN3226) and some longer side links and bolt a Altered Ego front onto my GenX rear?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wade....
I have been racing a CRC GenX for a year. I would like the longer side links and better battery retention of the newer cars but don't want to buy a whole new kit. Can I get the Altered Ego plates (CLN3226) and some longer side links and bolt a Altered Ego front onto my GenX rear?
One of the big advantages of the XTi model is the rear motor pod. It uses a slider system for adjusting ride height. So I recommend the Altered Ego kit as the best way to get into a new car. The Altered Ego is setup to run the battery transverse to the center line of the car, so you get the same side links as used on the GenXL. If you want to run a longer car, consider the Gen Xi. It uses your current rear pod and with a chassis change, you can then run your existing front suspension and the longer links. Then again, you can do the same with the GenXL chassis plate and longer links. The GenXL in this configuration is still one of the best stock chassis you can run.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thx for the response. The more I look at it, I would need to upgrade fully to Xi and newer chassis get a better battery holding arrangement so I will just wait for the 'new' car at this point.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm building my first crc ego kit, and have a few questions. So far I have finished the rear pod, so have the front end and shock/tubes to go.

What is the kit shock oil? Is it a good starting point?

Any options I should consider?

Will be running on low-medium grip carpet, currently run crc magenta fronts and crc green rears on my onpoint. Any setup/build tips?
Old 10-21-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom87
I'm building my first crc ego kit, and have a few questions. So far I have finished the rear pod, so have the front end and shock/tubes to go.

Will be running on low-medium grip carpet, currently run crc magenta fronts and crc green rears on my onpoint. Any setup/build tips?
Try running the battery inline, rather than transverse.

I would try crc blu front tires.

Also, your damper lube in the tubes is one of your most important tuning choices. If you need the car to rotate more, go to a thicker lube. My local tracks are low to medium bite carpet, and I run 20K in the tubes.

Shock length is Very important as well. I use the shorter shock end to reduce the pod droop. It allows the weight to transfer to the front tires at the corner entry and give you more steering into and through the corner.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom87

Kit shock oil is 35 wt. Losi oil. It's what I run pretty much everywhere.

For 17.5 low to medium bite, I'd start with the following set-up:

Rear: 20k in tubes, green shock spring, kit oil, 1mm of pod droop, .050 side springs, Blue rear tires

Front: 1 degree camber, caster shims 2 fwd and 2 back, .050 springs no droop, Magenta front tires

Battery position forward, Black Art R8C or Lola B10 body, If you need more rotation, move the battery back.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

The kit oil is actually 30 wt, and it is not Losi oil, it is our own.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

What would be the handling difference between red and green centre spring? I have been using red for all setups and it seems to work but at our last race meet the grip really came up and I had lots of front end even with glued side walls and very small diameter tyres. I had reduced sauce on the front too.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dumper
The kit oil is actually 30 wt, and it is not Losi oil, it is our own.
Oh, Thanks for the correction. I don't know where I came up with that
Old 10-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys.

One more question, are the kit front and side spring .050?
Old 10-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tim fry
What would be the handling difference between red and green centre spring? I have been using red for all setups and it seems to work but at our last race meet the grip really came up and I had lots of front end even with glued side walls and very small diameter tyres. I had reduced sauce on the front too.
Tim, the center spring does two things. First it supports the rear of the car, keeping the hinge point of the chassis off the track. Second, it provides weight transfer to the front of the car when letting off throttle. The softer center spring will not transfer as much weight to the front as the stiffer spring. So, you can use that to compensate when the grip levels come up and you have too much front steering to balance the car. So then use a softer spring or change your spring angle to get that elusive balance we all crave for.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Old 10-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Oh, Thanks for the correction. I don't know where I came up with that

Originally Posted by al dente
here is an idea....
call crc and have them send you some more oil.
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I've done that and have been through my share of the CRC kit oil. I'm curious so I can make adjustments in oil as I didn't think there were any other oils offered by CRC. Not knowing the brand or CsT makes it a little harder to go up or down a known amount. But you're right, calling CRC is a great idea to get help. John always answers my questions.
Originally Posted by schreff
The kit shock oil in the Xti kits is Losi 30wt. That should take away any unknowns so you can test using the same brand oil.
I was under the same impression.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by davidl
Tim, the center spring does two things. First it supports the rear of the car, keeping the hinge point of the chassis off the track. Second, it provides weight transfer to the front of the car when letting off throttle. The softer center spring will not transfer as much weight to the front as the stiffer spring. So, you can use that to compensate when the grip levels come up and you have too much front steering to balance the car. So then use a softer spring or change your spring angle to get that elusive balance we all crave for.
Ok that sounds good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.