Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll out for Kontronik Twist 42?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Roll out for Kontronik Twist 42?

I am trying to find a starting rollout for a Kontronik Twist 42 in a 1/10th touring car. I realise this won't be the fastest motor for 6 cell applications but it is actually for a 3 cell li-po project and I was advised by the relevant manufacturers that this was about the best I could get that wouldn't blow up at this voltage.

I am just looking for a gearing starting point for some data collection. I want to start with 6 cell subC and work my way up. I have heard that around 35mm on the Novak system SS5800 is good on an open track and this would give a theoretical top speed of 86km/hr which sounds about right for a mod.

So if I gear the Kontronik to the same speed given that it is 4200Kv and the Novak is 5800Kv I end up with a roll out of around 48mm.

This sounds pretty high to me though but the math seems correct. If anyone has first hand experience using this motor I would appreciate any roll out suggestions you may have.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

anyone using this motor?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by Marman
anyone using this motor?
I did have a twist 55 before which I gear 20 mm rollout using a U-force 75 with 6 cells, anything higher would thermal the esc. I would start from there and see if you can finish a 5 min heat with any problem. 3 cell lipo would still give you alot of speed since on paper you will still have 4200 x 11.4= 47880 RPM.