Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acer Bearings again

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Default Acer Bearings again

I just got some ceramic nitride bearings from acer.

I know I have posted this thread before, and I recall someone telling me to run the bearings stock for about 10-15 runs.

But I can't find my thread again, so just decided to start a new one.

I was just wondering, 10-15 runs on the track? at 1/2 throttle free spinning? or how should I break the bearings in?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dont spend 10-15 runs on the track at half throttle, that is a waste of time. if you want to break them in, just break them in on the car; i dont think you need that long though, maybe 1-2 packs
Old 03-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Run them in on your run in mode.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

So just run them in at full throttle on the track?

Just another question, how "crashable" are these bearings?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

I got a set of these once, if I remember correctly they are very durable
Old 03-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

thanks,

walls tend to jump infront of me.

SO should I break in my bearings racing?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

any help?????

>_< sorry i just do not have time to look through all those bearing threads.....

Just a quick concisely described method to break in those bearings is what i need.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Rcnewb,

Here is your old thread....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=ACER

From what i have read over the past year is that most people recomend putting them in your car and running them like for a couple normal race DAYS and they should be broken in. Then after that, you spray them out and put a drop of oil in them. A few people have mentioned that they like to try to spray them out before they install them in the car for the first time and it seems 75% of the time that causes problems. Just install them out of the package and go.

Good Luck,

Blake
Old 03-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

performance improvement?

What kind of improvement do you think you get from swapping out to after market bearings - is it worth it - how much for set and who carries them?
Old 03-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ducati-Rider,

The Ceramics are very very free, a lot less drag in the drivetrain and will last much longer than the regular steel bearings that usually come in a kit. Some people have said they have used them in the same car for 2 years or more and they are not gritty or worn out. Only issue i have heard is that since the balls are much harder they are a bit more brittle and in a hard crash they can get destroyed. Since they cost about 100-200 dollars a set, breaking them in a crash can be costly You can get acers directly from them at....

http://www.acerracing.com/index.html

Blake
Old 03-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Aftermarket Bearings

I tried the RC4LESS ceramic bearings in my TC3. These things were killer to say the least! My drive train spun like a pan car. Also saved a bunch of money over the other two major brands. I know he has complete sets for TC3 & Losi xxxs but also has individual sizes.

Tom
Old 03-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

The way I destroy wheel bearings, i'd consider ceramics only for diffs, outdrives and input shafts myself.

must stay between the walls without touching... that can be the hard part
Old 03-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

thx for finding the thread back blake. I am just going to make some practice laps with them.

I don't know about the performance of after market bearings since this is my first set, but my steel ones have been screwed to the point where they won't spin anymore, and i needed new bearings.

So i decided togive acer bearings a try. i just hope they are crashable as walls seem to jump infront of me often.

I heard the ones attached to the axles (forgot the name for that part)... but it has 2 bearings in it... and holds the axles... get damaged first....

Would it be better to get steel bearings for the 8 bearings there?
Old 03-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Thats what I do rcnewb, I get relatively cheap bearings for the wheel hubs. I seem to destroy at least 1 pair about every 2 race nights...
Old 03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rcnewb,

The bearings in the front steering knuckles will more than likely take the most abuse from head on crashing. The 4 bearings in the rear uprights shouldnt be so bad unless you are drifting into walls and smacking them sideways. If you are worried about damaging them, i would install all of them except for the front steering knuckles, you will still notice an improvement with all the others installed.

Blake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.