Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17.5 stock boosted

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 17.5 stock boosted

Hey if someone could help me out. I have a serpent s411 running in stock. I have a speedpassion 2.1 prostock esc and a 17.5 mmm motor. My car is free and not binding but when ever I turn the parameters on esc up to keep up with the faster guys down the straight my motor goes up in smoke or gets extremely and fades at the end of the race. To get motor to run reasonable temp it is to slow on straight. Question what is the best esc and motor combo for stock boosted in any brand and any price I've spent so much on speedpassion gear and have had all kinds of people tell me what I'm doing wrong and none seem to work.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craft86
Hey if someone could help me out. I have a serpent s411 running in stock. I have a speedpassion 2.1 prostock esc and a 17.5 mmm motor. My car is free and not binding but when ever I turn the parameters on esc up to keep up with the faster guys down the straight my motor goes up in smoke or gets extremely and fades at the end of the race. To get motor to run reasonable temp it is to slow on straight. Question what is the best esc and motor combo for stock boosted in any brand and any price I've spent so much on speedpassion gear and have had all kinds of people tell me what I'm doing wrong and none seem to work.
What's your current esc setup, fdr, and motor timing?

What size, surface type, and grip level is your track?

Is it tight and twisty or open and flowing?

There's a lot of factors to consider when you add boost and turbo, and like how fast the timing is being added, how much timing there is to add and what rpm it starts to add it. So post up your setup and we'll see how we can help.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Not going to get too many responses as barely anyone around the world runs boosted stock which is annoying

However we do in Australia.

My 2 picks would be Hobbywing V3 with new new Trinity D3.5 Motor, its extremely quick but you do have to monitor the heat, but Im yet to blow one and Im not shy to max most things out.

If you want to be a little more conservative, I'd suggest the Orion R10 Combo, still quiet fast but never gets hot.

Kindest Regards
Nathan
Old 09-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NR
Not going to get too many responses as barely anyone around the world runs boosted stock which is annoying

However we do in Australia.

My 2 picks would be Hobbywing V3 with new new Trinity D3.5 Motor, its extremely quick but you do have to monitor the heat, but Im yet to blow one and Im not shy to max most things out.

If you want to be a little more conservative, I'd suggest the Orion R10 Combo, still quiet fast but never gets hot.

Kindest Regards
Nathan
I've been eyeing off a d3.5. I love the d3 I run now, with a Speedpassion Prostock 2.1. I wasn't sure if it was more a blink motor then boosted motor (like the revtech). Ran the combo for the first time today with my new lrp 6900 pack. The car was a beast!

I'm trying to decide if I run the mmm or d3.5 next.