Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Gearing issues - HOT motor (reeddy 19t spec.) >

Gearing issues - HOT motor (reeddy 19t spec.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gearing issues - HOT motor (reeddy 19t spec.)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

but dont cover any holes on the can with the heatsink.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use a motor freezer before the race and get the motor down to about 30F. Works great at keeping things cooler longer. You don't get the burning on the com and brushes.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Also if you are going to use a heatsink, get one that fits properly... you want as much of the surface of the heatsink touching the motor can as possible (remove labels if you can)
Old 04-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanx heaps for all the help!!!

Just to answer a question...

Captjono- hows the tt-01 holding up with the 19t motor? i might buy this kit and use it for rally. are the suspensions durable? I heard the dogbones are plastic and outdrives break easily. Still its so cheap and includes an esc.
The TT-01 is alright. When I got it, I was brand new to RC cars, and as a 1st kit it serves it's purpose very well. Now I've had some more experience under my belt I find the limits to the ajustments you can make on the car rather, well...limiting! Eg. no camber adjustments, etc... You can buy hop ups to make some of the adjustments but once you get those you may as well have bought a chasis that you can do all that stuff straight out off the box.

Pros to the chasis - stock, it is basically all plastic and quite durable! I race with a group of guys that are a little crazy and like a little 'rubin' with their racing , and I haven't broken anything yet. Although my mate snapped off his frount suspention arm from his TT-01 and to buy a complete plastic sheet with the right parts it only cost about $12 (Aus $). So even if you tear the thing apart...it isn't like replacing carbonfiber or anything!

Cons - the shocks suck!!! They are just plastic friction shocks. Also the motor mount has pre set positions which limit both gear meshing and the available gear ratios you can use. And like I said before, to adjust anything you need to buy the hop up part which in the end can become $$$$. Oh yer...the ESC sucks!!! It can only go to 23 turn and runs very hot. It also doubles as a reciever which can give some interferance probs. One of the first things I changed was to purchace a Novak super rooster which has been great (although I've had to go with a slightly unorthodox mounting position!)

Hope this helps!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh yer...and with all BBs the TT-01 has no probs with the 19t motor, other then a few over heating problems. I have improved the situation with the gear ratios people have suggested but I'm still having some issues.
I have also created a cooling duct for the body which channels air directly to the motor. (If anyone is interested I can post pics)
Old 04-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Captjono- the esc doubles as a a receiver? is this the same esc as TEU 101 BK? i think its only an esc that is included with the tt-01, rising storm, gravel hound. That would be a bonus if it was also a reciever and i can use it in my mo3

Old 04-03-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I run my reedy quad 19 T at 5.83 to 1 have found with this motor that even on a motor checker under no load that they dont like to rev to much. Hence 5.83 gear ratio, under geared over reved burns out the brushes comm goes red to purple in color. Also try more spring tension on both sides and drill a 2mm hole as close to the centre of the brush as possible just dont drill right through the brush.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Old 04-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Captjono- the esc doubles as a a receiver? is this the same esc as TEU 101 BK? i think its only an esc that is included with the tt-01, rising storm, gravel hound. That would be a bonus if it was also a reciever and i can use it in my mo3
I originally got my TT-01 as an XP Pro series car, so I don't know if it is different in the kit!???

But it is definately both esc and reciever! Sim. to the one in your pic. The Tamiya part name is; CPR-01.

I also don't know if the package differs country to country!?