Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will the m8 finally be replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mafiaracers
the M8 is like the industry standard.....
Before i would call it "standard" i would have checked how many who have switched to KO or Futaba just because of the glitching on M8's.. I can't count on my hands how many in my area that has abandoned Sanwa/Airtronics just because of glitching..
The comfort of the M8 is the best in the industry tho
Old 03-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You are correct about the M8 glitching.... I cannot get one to work right in my NTC3.... Others at my track had the same gripe. I went to my Futaba PCM and the problem dissapeared. Sold the M8, Purchaced the 3PK..... Problem solved. I'm not bashing the M8, because it was great in my electric cars, and it was WELL balanced. I'm just clueless to how it could be an "Industry Standard" It's over 10 years old!!! Oh yeah, If Airtronics comes out with a new radio I will try it.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by bshack
You are correct about the M8 glitching.... I cannot get one to work right in my NTC3.... Others at my track had the same gripe. I went to my Futaba PCM and the problem dissapeared. Sold the M8, Purchaced the 3PK..... Problem solved. I'm not bashing the M8, because it was great in my electric cars, and it was WELL balanced. I'm just clueless to how it could be an "Industry Standard" It's over 10 years old!!! Oh yeah, If Airtronics comes out with a new radio I will try it.
The only time I have ever had glitching with my M8 was when I tried to use another brand of receiver and my home track glitches very badly.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I STILL have an R1. I NEVER have any glitching problems no matter if I use a novak xxl, or a JR reciever. Doesn't matter, gas/electric water/land..works great. I "heard" they are coming out w/a new one. I hope they add a TV to that huge screen. :-) I was thikning about getting the spectrum module for it..(as it's supposed to be released soon), but I think I'll wait for a while and see if they really DO release a new R2..or whatever they call it.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

YES there is a new radio on the horizon for us loyal to Airtronics. I don't have any details on it yet but it is coming and from what I hear it's in the next 6 months. As far as the glitching goes, I have never had/seen problems with M8's glitching EXCEPT when using non-Airtronics recievers/crystals. I have run it in everything too, gas, electric on-road or off-road. It's always worked great for me.

Hope this helps.

Jon
Old 03-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Legend

Originally posted by axel
is it cheaper cause it two channel.

Can`t say, they go for around $150 (U.S.) over in Japan.....

the V-3 is a 2 channel to give the cpu less to do, thus, faster response...

Running Airtronics cus I never had a glitch for year`s.....

If I do, its something else wrong.....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 03-11-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

I'm using the same M8 since 1998, haven't had any problem or any glitch with it, now i've added a spektrum kit to it and i'll keep using it al least till 2010....
Old 03-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy Airtronics MX3-s

Airtronics MX3-s. I just posted another reply adressing some glitching issues I am having with my semi new radio. I have both a sedan, and a buggy, and at two tracks I run at the far corners have serious glitching issues where I have to back off the throttle to get thought the spots. The sedan glitches at Tamiya on the back of the sweeper, and the far corner going into the Esses. The buggy glitches at SoCal on the far left corner. I am installing the Yokomo Noise killer kit and am trying it tomorrow. Hope it works, or it's going in for repair, or something?
Old 03-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Question for those of you with glitching M-8's.

I have been using a JR XS3 that I have debated on selling for an M-8. I also have accumulated several receivers for it, two of them being XXTra's that I had planned on carrying over to the new M-8. Has anyone had issues with glitching between an M-8 and Novak XXTra's? The Novak's would be used in electrics on carpet.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sparx
The comfort of the M8 is the best in the industry tho
I wouldn't go that far!! The M8 is good, but it aint comfortable!!! The main reason ppl use it, is because the pro's use it!

I have used one, and have ALWAYS gone back to KO.

M8 is a good radio, but incredibly uncomfortable......

Glenn
Old 03-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by factoryteamryan
Question for those of you with glitching M-8's.

I have been using a JR XS3 that I have debated on selling for an M-8. I also have accumulated several receivers for it, two of them being XXTra's that I had planned on carrying over to the new M-8. Has anyone had issues with glitching between an M-8 and Novak XXTra's? The Novak's would be used in electrics on carpet.
I've had no problems at all. I'm using a Spectrum now but I went and got the XXtra and the Switch module in 27 band before the Reedy Race this last year bacuse I was having such bad glitching with the stock Rx at the Tamiya track. Not once did I ever glitch with that combo in it.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr-s413bt
I wouldn't go that far!! The M8 is good, but it aint comfortable!!! The main reason ppl use it, is because the pro's use it!

I have used one, and have ALWAYS gone back to KO.

M8 is a good radio, but incredibly uncomfortable......

Glenn
I think it's very comfortable. It's a personal opinion thing. I know people who love the Futaba. I can't stand the feel of that radio. As long as I build the grip up a little on the M8 with a tennis racket grip, it's fine.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Its all preferance. We got Mr-s413bt singing the M8's praises while I've felt hammers that feel more balenced than that thing. My main problem with it is I can't feel center despite how tiny that wheel is
Old 03-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey.

I do not like the grip/feel/balance of the M8. I am not doubting its a great radio but i never felt comfortable with it.

I am certainly a KO man, MARS series fan myself.

Glenn
Old 03-11-2005, 03:43 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

axel, YGPM!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.