R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #496
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
What gearing are you on with the 2650? We have a 2300kv limit, and they are making tyres Hong Nor or Sweep only (as surprise surprise thats what the LHS sells and they have the sponsored drivers etc.... bleh!)

I'm starting with Andy Liu's set up give or take, 300k F and Centre diff, only have the Yellow and Purple springs for now, seems strange to me (coming from a 1:10 TC background) to run the hardest springs all round to get grip. I have the 2.0 back end so may be a tad different for me.
I run a 19 or 20t pinion with that motor but we have a big track.

I also really like Andy's set up a lot but have not got around to playing with the Diff's much. I bought some 500k for the center but never got around to it this year (still have 300K), I also wanted to play with some lighter oil for the rear as I have his recommended 60k in my setup now.
D.a.v.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #497
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.a.v.e View Post
I run a 19 or 20t pinion with that motor but we have a big track.

I also really like Andy's set up a lot but have not got around to playing with the Diff's much. I bought some 500k for the center but never got around to it this year (still have 300K), I also wanted to play with some lighter oil for the rear as I have his recommended 60k in my setup now.
I have yellow, red , white, purple, and black springs but I always end up back at the blacks because any softer and the chassis pitches around too much. This car seems to like the center diff. Lower than the front when I had 300,300,60 it would spin the rear when you hit the throttle. But my track is so small I spend a lot of time at half throttle or less.
Slash 4x4, Axial Deadbolt
scooby61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #498
Tech Regular

Initial testing results look good. Car corners much more flat and seems looser but more controllable. Even when it breaks loose it recovers easily with more throttle. It hits the track tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #499
Tech Regular

Post race results are all positive. Better avg. Laptimes. More steering on/off power through all phases of the corner. More consistent throughout the races. These c hubs may be the best upgrade I've done to this car. Still too pricey but noticeable improvement.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #500
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 297 (100%+)

Gave mine a light test on Friday, still haven't done the set up fully but it felt quite stable, track was the worst it's been in a long time, VERY dusty, you could see it kick up from the tyres when coming down the main straight but even with that it only stepped out twice and both times were recoverable, was running GRP S3 compound probably should have used S1, have the V2 rear but was still on the outer camber link holes on the shock tower so that can be settled down a bit still. Another racer was down there with her Ofna thing and that looked like it was all over the shot.

Not sure if I'll even bother trying out this X3GTe I've built!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #501
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
Post race results are all positive. Better avg. Laptimes. More steering on/off power through all phases of the corner. More consistent throughout the races. These c hubs may be the best upgrade I've done to this car. Still too pricey but noticeable improvement.
I got no interest in selling this money pit so I may end up sucker to buy this LAST piece of the puzzle eventually.
Inferno GT2 VE Sweep PL1 Hobbywing XERUN w/2200KV - 4S. VE Audi R8 LMS Tekin RX8 Gen2 w/2650KV - 4S. AE TC6.1 SP Audi TC Tekin RS Gen2 w/8.5. TT-01E Audi R8 Hobby Wing 21.5T. TT-02 NSX-GT Hobby Wing 13.5T. DF-01 Porsche Cayenne 23T B.
MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " 214 State st Suite 209 Hackensack, NJ 07601:201-820-1347
Racing: FRIDAY Mini Z Indoor/SATURDAY 1/8 & 1/10 VE Outdoor.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #502
Tech Champion

I'd say they are essential to counter the front kick up, otherwise in effect you're running nearly 20-22 degrees!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:53 AM   #503
Tech Regular

Quote:
Gave mine a light test on Friday, still haven't done the set up fully but it felt quite stable, track was the worst it's been in a long time, VERY dusty, you could see it kick up from the tyres when coming down the main straight but even with that it only stepped out twice and both times were recoverable, was running GRP S3 compound probably should have used S1, have the V2 rear but was still on the outer camber link holes on the shock tower so that can be settled down a bit still. Another racer was down there with her Ofna thing and that looked like it was all over the shot.

Not sure if I'll even bother trying out this X3GTe I've built!
Wow.. how much run time do you get on the S3 & S1's? I've been running the S5's this year and only get about 2 race days?

It looks like the tires wear much better with the 0 degree blocks, with only two races left here I'm going to hold off until next season to get mine.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #504
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.a.v.e View Post
Wow.. how much run time do you get on the S3 & S1's? I've been running the S5's this year and only get about 2 race days?

It looks like the tires wear much better with the 0 degree blocks, with only two races left here I'm going to hold off until next season to get mine.
I ran Sunday with s7's and tire wear was much more even on all corners of the car. When I was running s3's I was burning through 2-3 pairs of fronts per 1 set of rears. I will probably have to go back to the s5's as Temps cool off but I had no traction problems with the s7's. Can't imagine the expense of running s1's. Seems like the the car would be way to tight with a compound that sticky.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #505
C@T
Tech Adept

Quote:
I'd say they are essential to counter the front kick up, otherwise in effect you're running nearly 20-22 degrees!
I fully agree with your comment !

What I do not understand is why ROAR is pushing for a front kick up for all cars for next year.

Thatīs complete nonesense and worstcase forcing the customers to buy expensive parts to make the car racable.

I hope that those companies having to put a kick up in their currently flat chassis will include the 0 degree blocks in their standard kit.

If so, the front kick up rule is just bullshit.
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #506
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@T View Post
I fully agree with your comment !

What I do not understand is why ROAR is pushing for a front kick up for all cars for next year.

Thatīs complete nonesense and worstcase forcing the customers to buy expensive parts to make the car racable.

I hope that those companies having to put a kick up in their currently flat chassis will include the 0 degree blocks in their standard kit.

If so, the front kick up rule is just bullshit.
It's another ROAR 'keep the class true to its roots' rule. Like making SCT trucks run only spoked rims, no solid dish wheels allowed, for 'scale appearance'. GT8 class is based on offroad 1/8th buggies, which always have front chassis kickup.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #507
Tech Champion

Well first race (Major event Spring Cup) in a field of Ofna's went well, TQ (missed the first qualifier as an axle pin snapped sending a wheel flying) and 2nd overall (2nd final using a mates batteries had LVC cut out and 3rd final rear pinion grub screw came loose so was running FWD all the way) Car was very well balanced and predictable, lacked a bit of top end as the GRP tyres had a smaller roll out, was running S5's they are making Sweeps a control tyre so any ideas on set up to adjust?
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent Cobra GT-E-img_1133.jpg  
Old 09-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #508
Tech Regular

Has anyone heard of any rumors of a new kit or upgrades for next year?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #509
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi All,
I have an 811 Cobra 2.0 E-Buggy at the moment and would like to convert it to GT. Is there anything I need to do this apart from shocks, shock towers, front bumper, body mounts, wheels/tyres and body?

Cheers
Simon
pullstarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #510
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah there's a few other parts if you look under the GTE parts list. You might want to get some really thick diff fluid or possibly just get a direct drive spur instead of the center diff.
RepEvox is offline   Reply With Quote