Search

take off tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Default Re: CS 27-22

Originally posted by infrontracing
Just wandering what most guys run on stock carpet racing, cs 27 in front and cs22 in rear or cs 22's all the way around? Someone in a above post said 27's are not enough traction. just wondering. thanks-
Depends on the traction at your track and what type of traction compound is allowed. The 22's would be great for low-bite tracks and or when you are limited to less aggressive compounds. The 27's seem to be great on medium-bite tracks and or allow paragon compounds.

The new RP series of tires have been outstanding for indoor carpet racing
Old 03-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We have used nothing but the CS series tires here at our track and everyone seems to like them. The only fault we found as was mentioned above is they use a pretty cheap wheel to mount them on. A few of us have had the centers break out of them as well as the wheel developing cracks on the inside. If they put them on better wheels it would be a complete winner in my book. We mainly run the CS27's here for our stock class and they seem to work well for us. A couple of guys have and use 22's but end up switching to 27's later in the heats. I can't comment on Sorex for Take Off is all I have used since getting into TC. We even ran at what we thought was a high bite asphalt track in another state where they did not use Take Off's at all and highly recommended Sorex. We felt the Take Off's worked good out of the bag and tryin the allowed traction sauces made it even better.