Ahh, remote control car, no remote!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ahh, remote control car, no remote!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Ahh, remote control car, no remote!

It's not looking good for my Beetle r/c car, I've owned it for years and think it was made in about '92 but there's no control for it

I've took it apart and there's no crystals inside it or anything that says what frequency it works at. I've tried a couple of 27hz controllers but because it's not an exact 27.blahblah frequency all I get is interferance on the car from it.

I was hoping someone on here might be able to share some advice?
carl

Old 02-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I would love to help you but I have no idea what that is. Looks like its not hobby grade and therefore it will be almost impossible to find parts for.
If the reciever and other electronics are separate then you might be able to talk somone into giving you a Jaguar radio and receiver. They are given away and thrown away every day, and it would be good enough for what you are using.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your reply snoopyrc.
Yeah I've looked on the internet and can't find anything made by Matsushiro post '95 so I doubt I'll find parts for it too.
What are these Jaguar radio and recievers and how would I go about getting one? I'd be willing to pay for postage etc via Paypal and I live in the UK....
Old 02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Im not even certain that this will help you. Is your reciever and speed controller separate? Is the steering servo separate? When you are dealing with a manufactured product there might be any of these things that wont be industry standard. Anyway if you can replace the receiver then this is what you are looking for. If not then ??????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ace-r-c-jaguar-r...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 02-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your help snoopyrc. From what you've shown me I'm certain that nothing on the car is industry standard, there is a motor inside the car for the steering and motor for the rear wheels, and they both wire into a small square circuit board with no crystals or anything, and the aerial just wires straight onto the pcb.

I think I'm going to keep my eye out for a cheap r/c car that I can strip down & try and fit all the components into this one. I like playing around with things like that

Thanks for helping as much as you can, if someone who knows a lot about r/c's can't see an easy way out I won't feel bad for stripping it down and starting from scratch.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Here's a pic I took last week just to show you what I mean, the other side of the circuit board is fust full of resistors and nothing that resembles a crystal or reciever...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

chuck it. its not even worth tyco-psycoing.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Well if you want it running, it is possible. But you might be at the point that its easier to just buy something else. Its just a matter of how much you want this particular machine back together. If it were me, I would move on, but I wont lie. Doesnt mean it will be easy, but you could put hobby grade electronics in there and make it run.

Here is one of my projects.
Attached Thumbnails Ahh, remote control car, no remote!-herbie0103.jpg  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Lol, I think the best place for it is in the bin. I probably wouldn't take much interest in it if it worked! It's just I've had it since I was really young and have never played with it because it's never worked, I'm 22 now and think it's about time I did!!

Sweet, I like your project that looks really cool. Now if it was an oldschool Beetle I'd be drooling even more I'll post pics up when I sort myself out a project, I was put off once when I went to a model shop in Sheffield and they said the first one you do is really expensive because you need everything, but after mooching around on this website I think I'll have to find something like what you've done.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Hang out where they race. You can pick up a lot of great gear used. Take a look at this. It will go great with a Herbie paint job.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58383
Old 02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

theres nothing worse than a remote control car without the remote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i wonder if you can demonize and hack a grasshopper for that car?

there was a car called PANDA that was a copy of the tamiy grasshopper. i dunno.. maybe use the grasshopper as the base and modify some body posts ;-)
Old 02-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I think it's time you treated yourself to something with modern electrics and a classic look:

Tamiya RC Volkswagen Beetle - M04L

Here's a hobby grade beetle to replace your old one, a Tamiya RC Blitzer Beetle #58122 I think you can find this on eBay.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Rookie

The standard Beetle and the buggy are both really cool! I like the idea of doing the standard one with a Herbie paint job

I'll keep a look out for something similar to the PANDA RCMits
thanks guys