R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2005, 08:59 AM   #16
Company Representative
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the question.

Just to clarify from our point of view.

We are open to all hobby shops of Canada, we offer extended hours of operation and are very easy to reach for orders, We offer a toll free telephone # and we have our own forum and webpage. Most of the time we ship overnight at very reasonable prices, we do everything we can to service our clientel. With that said, I can not simply send product without PO's. so it is up to your shop to order the parts.

Our wholesale prices are fixed and come directly from both XRAY and XRAY USA, I have worked very hard on keeping XRAY reasonably priced, and from my market research we are in check with other Canada offerings. ( Tamiya being one)

As many have found out, I am very approachable and try to help anyway I can. I can always be reached on the phone and try my best to direct customers to proper sources.

I have a rep in the Toronto area that also is well known and helpful. he visit's TORC on a regular basis and certainly is avaible to all of the owners to take orders and relay what we have in stock.

I suggest you speak directly to the person from your track that orders for the shop/track (Patrick), He is who sends the orders to me.

To clarify, the last time I received a order from the track was in Dec/Jan. At that time XRAY was suffering from some shortages ( shock ends, swaybars and upper bumpers) that left all of North America stranded for parts.At that time the track chose to cancel their back order's. I have spoken to both Patrick and Jerry to regularly check in and see if items are needed ( as I do with all of our accounts) and the shop did place a pre order for some FK05's

That problem with the shortage has now passed and will certaily get alot better as XRAY moves into the new factory where production will increase to a new unseen level.

I am not sure why you are getting the "run around" but I suggest you speak directly to Pat or Jerry, they are their to help and are a very good shop from what I hear.You can also email me and I will direct you to the many other shops in the TO area that carry stock of XRAY.

I hope this helps.

XRAY Canada

Awesomatix-Roche-Reedy-Sweeps Racing- ORCA-Sanwa-RCTagz-Avid

WCICS- Competition Director

Last edited by Korgae; 03-08-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Korgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #17
Company Representative

I also thought I would re post this here as maybe you have not seen it.

Its a way for the consumers of Canada to be directly linked to XRAY Canada in the form of knowing what is happening.

Maybe spread the word to your friends in your area.

"Hello All XRAY owners of Canada.

XRAY Canada invites you to join our new Canadian mailing list.

In a effort to provide a new level of customer service and satisfaction to all XRAY owners in Canada we have now created a way for you to receive info about XRAY in Canada even faster.

In the Newsletters you will find:

New Product announcements and release dates
Special updates on new arrivals @ XRAY Canada
Dealer lists ( where to find XRAY products in your area)
Set up sheets from pro drivers
Setup tips and tricks to get the most out of your Xray
New product reviews
Access to special 'Racer's Lounge' for Xray Canada owners to interact with Xray Canada Team drivers
Access to Xray Canada contests and giveaways

As a added bonus for signing up, your name will automatically go into a draw for our first giveaway...A NEW XRAY M18T.

(XRAY Canada Team drivers will be exempt for all draws)

Please take a minute to fill out the required info, It allows us to serve all of you

Direct link:

Or through our page:

XRAY Canada"

Old 03-08-2005, 09:39 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Now that respnse was about the best I've seen from a rep/store/distributer yet. It does help to ask. But sometimes you need to know who to ask.

Some of the shops I have been to in my life are interested in only selling what they have and were not willing to restock their shelves unless it's a high volume item. I believe that is more the owner's attitude. Those same people have also told me that things are on backorder I've noticed, without even trying to look for it. If they know it's on backorder so well, you would think it has been shown that there's a lot of interest in that part or company. So if there backorder is more than three months maybe they need cancel and re-order.

Korgae, I know the distributer gets a lot of crap, and quite a bit of it would be solved if the owner cares. They just have to be diligent and check up when they order stuff. Instead of accepting "it's on backorder and we will get it too you when we can" without following up on it. Personally I've never accepted that backorder comment. I've seen some shops use that for cover because they had a problem in the past and just refuse to order again, but they never let us R/Cer's know that because they would lose all other business from the R/Cer's.

So if you own a shop, don't take no for an answer. Stay in contact with your order people. If you use another middle man between your order and distributer and you still have problems, cut out that middle man. Simply because they obviously aren't taking your business seriously. If they did, they would be in contact with you at least twice a week.

And if you are a shop owner and don't care enough to follow up and investigate, get out of the hobby. We don't need you.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:44 PM   #19
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Korgae, you have PM.
Amazing how frustrated a future Xray owner could be, isn;t it? Martyn really wants to drive that Xray. And why not, a really good car.
todd8603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:24 PM   #20
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Well, I'm impressed an' I live in South Carolina USA.
PlainOleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #21
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have no problems at all getting parts for my X-Ray. My local hobby shop, Action Hobbies in Kignsville ON, always has the essential parts on hand.
Custom Clod crawler; T3 2011; XII Link; Hyperdrive Pro 3; 777e
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Last edited by Twin-Kyle; 03-19-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #23
Company Representative

Thanks for the continued kind words.

Just to let everyone know in the Toronto city area, The new store/track Fast Cats has a very large shipment of XRAY parts coming to them.

Should be on the wall by Monday, I want to thank John and his wife for listening to the racers in Toronto and filling the void.

A class act and a awesome track. Check it out.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:59 AM   #24
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hello Martyn

out of respect for your local hobby shop (support your local hobby shop!! always go there first) if they dont have what your looking for and you need it quickly you can always pm myself or give our shop a call 1-800-394-7403 if your stuck...we will do our best but im sure once things iron out at home the parts support will be there just as it is here ive never broke and not had what i needed sitting on the shelf here...and thats a beautiful thing i must say dont hestiate on the xray the service from canada rc will only get better!! just shoot me a pm anytime thats what im here for
Hot Bodies Racing
endler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #25
Tech Initiate

I guess I'm in the same boat as Martyn, I too live in the Toronto area and thought about getting an Xray, but after hearing a handful of xray users complain about the availability of parts I changed my mind. I know one guy that was out for a couple of weeks because he couldn't find an A-arm. That alone is enuff to drive a man nuts. I've been to 6 hobby shops in the Toronto area and none of them were stocked up on FK parts. A good point was made about the fact that some of these shops could be ordering from asia, as most are chinese owned. I'm glad to see that things are getting better, and I can definatly see myself driving an xray within the year

Kevin K
Toodeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #26
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

If that is the case though, can you really blame the supplier?

Ultimately if the hobby shops in question choose not to try and support the racer, and instead sell based on their own agendas, utlimately they are to blame for the lack of support.

Xray has become a popular enough brand that it doesn'tmake sense for a shop to ignore it. CanadaRC has established a solid enough infrastructure and support network that if the shops do order then barring worldwide shortages the parts and support wil be there.

It's nice to see shops like FastCats and ActionHobbies Kingsville where the shop owners listen to what the racers want and do their best to support them
Team Tekin
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote