Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

garage cleaning after IIC

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13609914
Old 10-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tcxx steering rack not available!!!

Well I'm super disappointed in hobbico and hpi/hb! I have spent the last 3 days searching and calling all over the place looking for the main steering rack for my Tcxx. When I called customer support they informed me that they have never even stocked the part! How can u not stock parts for a current model? I would get it if it was an out dated car, but come on guys... It looks like I have to order it from the uk! Super not happy!!! O well live and learn. Hopefully parts availability for my d812's and d413 will be better! Maybe next time I'll consider the AE tc... Instead of the pro5
Old 10-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Prormk800
Well I'm super disappointed in hobbico and hpi/hb! I have spent the last 3 days searching and calling all over the place looking for the main steering rack for my Tcxx. When I called customer support they informed me that they have never even stocked the part! How can u not stock parts for a current model? I would get it if it was an out dated car, but come on guys... It looks like I have to order it from the uk! Super not happy!!! O well live and learn. Hopefully parts availability for my d812's and d413 will be better! Maybe next time I'll consider the AE tc... Instead of the pro5
this part??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Bodies-S...item5d50bf82dc

or amain?
http://www.amain.com/Hot-Bodies-2mm-...rple-2/p245501

the whole rack wasn't available, but the TCX's was - you'd just need the different arms, the +2 arms
Old 10-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2014/10/team-c-...it/#more-88059

Long shocks, short shocks, now back to long shocks again... they can't make up their minds and want us to keep buying each time they try something! I say...

BRING BACK SHAFT DRIVE!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=k_bojar;13620251]this part??

It's niether of those. It's the actual rack that holds the bearings. It broke at the base wear the bearing sits in. And the bearing pulled all the way out. I would post a pic of I knew how
Old 10-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theclutch
http://www.redrc.net/2014/10/team-c-...it/#more-88059

Long shocks, short shocks, now back to long shocks again... they can't make up their minds and want us to keep buying each time they try something! I say...

BRING BACK SHAFT DRIVE!!!
that's why I never jumped on the short shock bandwagon

funny, its just a pick of the shocks, but no text related to it
Old 10-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

It's niether of those. It's the actual rack that holds the bearings. It broke at the base wear the bearing sits in. And the bearing pulled all the way out. I would post a pic of I knew how
that part was NEVER sold separately.. only way to get that is to get the ENTIRE TCX steering kit - but that's a lot of cash to drop for one lonely piece..

I think a Tamiya 416 part might fit - goots or chrisgt2 might be able to shed better light on a similar compatible part, but I would guess the Tamiya part would fit since their steering rack is very similar

or you could ask nicely in here and someone might have a spare they'd part with (not me, however)
Old 10-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Ya after about 2 hrs of reader u I figured out that they don't offer just the rack unless u buy the whole assembly! The whole assembly is part number hbs68735. The problem is this... It's never been available in the states! Hobbico said they have never even stocked the part, and that its "on order" but they have no eta! It's available in the uk, Japan, and the Middle East. But I'm just blown away that HB doesn't keep a supply of parts for there current cars available.
If anyone does have one they don't mind parting with let me know! I would be more than willing to work something out. In the mean time... I guys I'll just have to drive the legends
Old 10-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Ya after about 2 hrs of reader u I figured out that they don't offer just the rack unless u buy the whole assembly! The whole assembly is part number hbs68735. The problem is this... It's never been available in the states! Hobbico said they have never even stocked the part, and that its "on order" but they have no eta! It's available in the uk, Japan, and the Middle East. But I'm just blown away that HB doesn't keep a supply of parts for there current cars available.
If anyone does have one they don't mind parting with let me know! I would be more than willing to work something out. In the mean time... I guys I'll just have to drive the legends
actually I've seen it for sale at amain, but don't remember how long ago I saw it.

don't go by hobbico, they're obviously kind of useless for this kind of info.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

I feel for you. Its a part that I never would see break.
Originally Posted by theclutch

just another tuning option. Ill be testing out the 2014 shocks and towers on asphalt in the next couple weeks to see if they work on asphalt.

just drove my pro 4 with exotek chassis the other day, real nice! but ill be going back to belt for the next season.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

this what I came up with at IIC high bite carpet
Old 10-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What does it say in your notes goots?
Cheers
Old 10-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gtr r34 m-spec
What does it say in your notes goots?
Cheers
send me your email. Ill send the PDF
Old 10-31-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
I was a bit shocked that the shocks are actually the same size. They just have shorter caps!!
actually not the same size. the piston/shock body diameter is bigger, shock body length is shorter, the shafts are shorter, and like you said top cap is shorter.

I learned this the hard way by putting the wrong piston on a corner of my car
Old 11-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Fresh off of the 2014 NORCAR Halloween Classic! One of the most fun races out there

185 total entries

I was able to qualify 5th in 17.5TC in a field of Awesomatix. 8/10 in the A to be exact.
Was solidly running in 3rd but finished 6th after an incident with another car.

In USGT I sat TQ after 2 rds, eventually dropping to 2nd after 4. The A Main went perfect and I was able to cruise to a 3/4 lap victory after Brian Wynn tapped a corner and I overtook. Never looking back. 2nd/3rd were Awesomatix. Not sure about the rest.

VTA TQ by 1 lap exactly, but an inverted grid made life difficult as cars seemed to take aim at me as I funneled thru to 4th quickly. At that point my car had enough abuse and decided to exit the race early....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.