Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks beside Amains is there somewhere else.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
Here's my new Arrowmax aluminum chassis. Just arrived today.

Weighs in about 50g more than the stock chassis pictured and roughly twice as stiff.

I will weigh the stock non cut-out chassis plate when I remove it from the car.
I just put my first TCXX together and plan to run it in USGT and found I need to add ~60 grams to make the 1450 gram weight limit. This chassis would be a great start since I was having problems figuring out where to put all that weight and not messing up the almost perfect balance of the car. Where did you get the chassis?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by k_bojar
how many spacers are you using with the TCX arms?? 6mm?
I used 4mm to get the steering turnbuckles to sit straight. I tried 5mm, but they sat too far out. I was suprised as the TCXX chassis steering mounting holes sit 2mm further back
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

First day out with the aluminum chassis was great! Car was fast and I was able to drive it hard into the corners. Very predictable, and consistent.

Only real changes I made from my carbon setup was leaning the shocks in 1 hole, but I also ran at a different track than normal.

Also, I run a floating servo mount, so I cut the extra mounting tab off. It was dragging in the high speed sweeper and causing the car to be unstable. After that, it was perfect.
Do you run on-road or carpet?
Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
I just put my first TCXX together and plan to run it in USGT and found I need to add ~60 grams to make the 1450 gram weight limit. This chassis would be a great start since I was having problems figuring out where to put all that weight and not messing up the almost perfect balance of the car. Where did you get the chassis?
Ordered mine from ArrowMax
Old 04-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HD Racer
Do you run on-road or carpet?
Carpet only
Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

First day out with the aluminum chassis was great! Car was fast and I was able to drive it hard into the corners. Very predictable, and consistent.

Only real changes I made from my carbon setup was leaning the shocks in 1 hole, but I also ran at a different track than normal.

Also, I run a floating servo mount, so I cut the extra mounting tab off. It was dragging in the high speed sweeper and causing the car to be unstable. After that, it was perfect.
I did several tests on asphalt, it works very well on this surface.
same impressions, very predictable and consistent handling.

I have not had the need to change position to the dampers, use the same position as the one with the carbon chassis

But we have the weight limit to 1350gr, it's a bit hard to be light with this chassis ...
Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone tried the Arrowmax chassis on asphalt?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HD Racer
Has anyone tried the Arrowmax chassis on asphalt?
AGNO just posted his results ^
Old 04-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

AGNO just posted his results ^
Thanks! I can't believe I missed that!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ordered mine from ArrowMax
Thanks. Certainly glad I decided to go with the TCXX as there is still a very high parts commonality count with my other Cyclone TC cars, so I have many spare parts. One question: is the servo saver that comes with the TCXX being used or have people found a better mouse trap? With the TC cars I had those cranked down so tight there probably wasn't any servo saving function left and never seemed to break any, but the front bulkheads limited the shock that could get to the servo; not so with the TCXX.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Thanks. Certainly glad I decided to go with the TCXX as there is still a very high parts commonality count with my other Cyclone TC cars, so I have many spare parts. One question: is the servo saver that comes with the TCXX being used or have people found a better mouse trap? With the TC cars I had those cranked down so tight there probably wasn't any servo saving function left and never seemed to break any, but the front bulkheads limited the shock that could get to the servo; not so with the TCXX.
The servo saver TCXX is great, the best on the market, precise, strong and durable, is composed of graphite.

The only alternative is to remove the servo saver and use a direct linkage, but the servo are not happy ...
Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC Travis
I used 4mm to get the steering turnbuckles to sit straight. I tried 5mm, but they sat too far out. I was suprised as the TCXX chassis steering mounting holes sit 2mm further back
yeah, the TCX posts are 2mm back then the tcxx - that's why the tcxx has +2mm on the steering arms. I was told that i'd need to add 6mm worth of spacers to get the TCX arms in the same position as the tcxx - I did it on mine, and it lines everything up real nice
Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

I use the stock servo saver.
I did try running without one at first, but since it use the aftermarket floating servo mount, it would twist the servo slightly causing a pull.
After going back to running a servo saver everything is rock solid.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I use a Tamiya servo saver with a 3Racing aluminum arm works like a charm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.