Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HD Racer
Do you have the part number of the one you recieved?
Actually I do not. I tossed the package when I opened them and never gave it a thought.

If you contact them Im sure they could help. This is exactly my email from them.

I am out of the DCJ for Tamiya, however I have a few options for you:
1.Send Yokomo ones. They are virtually identical.
2.Send you some of our own DCJs, with a Tamiya compatible bone installed (our DCJs are a bit more durable.)
Old 01-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody tried any of the ArrowmaxRC TCXX parts?
-Towers, chassis, upper-decks, floating servo mount?

How is the quality compared to the kit pieces?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hiro San,
I notice you only use two screws on the upper deck to fasten to the motor mount.
Do you raise your upper deck?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
I made two flat spacers of some scrap aluminum(0.5mm thick) I had sitting around. I'm not sure what the Team drivers were using. Not much talk these days on the forums about the TCXX.

I currently have the rear layshaft screws installed to limit the flex a bit. The car is a real noodle without any screws installed. Which may be the ticket in certain conditions. I plan to test all options soon.
Have you tested all the options?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nipple
Hiro San,
I notice you only use two screws on the upper deck to fasten to the motor mount.
Do you raise your upper deck?
Two screws on the bottom of motor mount?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Have you tested all the options?
Not yet. I should be at the track this weekend. At the latest next weekend.

I'll chime in here after I get to do some testing.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Two screws on the bottom of motor mount?
He's referring to the four topdeck screws that hold the layshaft in place.

Some set-up sheets are showing the use of only two rear screws. I know that on JJ's carpet setup he was running the topdeck raised 2mm with only rear screws in place. He was also running a v2 topdeck. Not sure what the v2 topdeck even looks like or how it compares to the standard though.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

He's referring to the four topdeck screws that hold the layshaft in place.

Some set-up sheets are showing the use of only two rear screws. I know that on JJ's carpet setup he was running the topdeck raised 2mm with only rear screws in place. He was also running a v2 topdeck. Not sure what the v2 topdeck even looks like or how it compares to the standard though.
I found a small picture. Can see the upper desk is raised and only using two screws. But cannot see any difference in the upper deck.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Hiro.
Thank you in advance for a kind reply!

When new option parts will be definitely available ? (suspended servo mount, the new top deck, short shock absorbers and ultra lower tower...and so on) We are waiting a long time but apart from official drivers I do not think that others persons had the opportunity to use them.

My personal point of view is that HB-Hpi racing is not present in the market like others important rc brands like yokomo, xray etc. and this is very sad, because I know for sure that a lot of people really like the HB tcxx.....but.....if upgrade attitude is so slow and parts not available is normal that a lot of owners decide to sell the car and choose another brands...
It's not my turn to sell the car but I really can't wait for new parts, upgrades and so on.

Thank you again.
Ciao!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

I found a small picture. Can see the upper desk is raised and only using two screws. But cannot see any difference in the upper deck.

That topdeck looks to be cut a bit different than the stock piece. It's missing the front steering brace mounting hole. The cutout up front goes back beyond where that hole would be. Changing the flex up front a bit.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys

Here is the setup I will be starting with next week in Germany for ETS. This setup also works great on Sorex 28JB tyres with HPI Silver Springs all round and LRP 2 additive.

Stefan Chodzynski
Old 01-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk
Hi Guys

Here is the setup I will be starting with next week in Germany for ETS. This setup also works great on Sorex 28JB tyres with HPI Silver Springs all round and LRP 2 additive.

Stefan Chodzynski
Hi Stefan
Any comment about 1mm shims under pivot blocks, does it prevents from body roll on high-grip carpet?
Thanks.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EvaldasD
Hi Stefan
Any comment about 1mm shims under pivot blocks, does it prevents from body roll on high-grip carpet?
Thanks.
Hi mate

I use 1mm under the pivot blocks in pretty much all traction conditions as for me it just gives me more overall grip compared to 1.5mm. However, on high traction tracks I think it also prevents the car from traction rolling especially on carpet where the car tends to slide/move around a little initially before flipping.

If I think the car is rolling over the rear too much I have used 1.5 all round at the rear before but I always keep the front of the car at 1mm :-).
Old 01-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk
Hi Guys

Stefan Chodzynski
Why do you use the TCX motor mount and raise it by 0.5mm?
Do you place 0.5mm spacer under the top deck at the bulkheads?
Old 01-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

That topdeck looks to be cut a bit different than the stock piece. It's missing the front steering brace mounting hole. The cutout up front goes back beyond where that hole would be. Changing the flex up front a bit.
My 2.0mm and stock 2.5mm upper decks do not have any hole for front steering brace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.