R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #1456
Tech Fanatic
 
tc3 racer sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: lancaster sc near charlotte nc
Posts: 921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
A-Main has HBS68824 Hot Bodies +2mm Steering Arm Set -in stock-

This is the rack that comes with the TCXX.
here a pix of my steering rack that the bearing came out first were the +2arms have only ran the car under 10 x
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies TCXX-image.jpg  
__________________
hotbodies cyclone, hotbodies tcxx orca v3 esc
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #1457
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc View Post
here a pix of my steering rack that the bearing came out first were the +2arms have only ran the car under 10 x
looks like something I would call the factory for a replacement for. If not I think I have an extra one PM me if interested.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:50 AM   #1458
Tech Adept
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
The tamiya dcj's I'm using are rebuildable. There are clips that hold the pins in.

In looking at my hb shafts in the other car, it appears they are Not rebuildable like I was told. I really never looked at them closely.

So, I would purchase more tamiya shafts or the rsd shafts from reflex racing.
Wow! Pics and part numbers please...
__________________
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #1459
Tech Addict
 
Chrisgt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beaver, PA
Posts: 583
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2
Default

Here's a link to them at speedtech hobbies, but many places have them. You can also contact reflex racing for their version

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=1743
__________________
Hot Bodies Pro 5
*Sponsors*
Hot Bodies, Speed Passion, Team Scream Racing, Rockstar Paint
Franchise Racing Products
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #1460
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc View Post
here a pix of my steering rack that the bearing came out first were the +2arms have only ran the car under 10 x
Ah... I see now. So the arms are good and you just need the rack?

I've only seen that part available as part of the entire steering assembly for the TCX. (#68735) I haven't seen it listed as a separate part for the TCXX or TCX! I would contact HPI directly to see about getting a replacement sent to you.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #1461
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I had a bad crash today, breaking my steering spindle, caster block, etc.
I only have spare old 6 degree caster blocks so I just replace with that and continued running.

And I feel my car is easier to drive and handling more consistent with 6 degree caster.

So should I just stick to the 6 degree caster or change back to the 4 degree and play with other settings to make my car more consistent?

Reason I ask is because I think no one runs 6 degree caster.

Please advise, many thanks.
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #1462
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
I had a bad crash today, breaking my steering spindle, caster block, etc.
I only have spare old 6 degree caster blocks so I just replace with that and continued running.

And I feel my car is easier to drive and handling more consistent with 6 degree caster.

So should I just stick to the 6 degree caster or change back to the 4 degree and play with other settings to make my car more consistent?

Reason I ask is because I think no one runs 6 degree caster.

Please advise, many thanks.
Run what you are most comfortable with and prefer :-). I have often used 6 degree caster blocks in high traction conditions on open tracks as i preferred the smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering. If you want to post your setup and some info on the track you race at I will happily try and provide an alternative change to try so you can run 4 degree caster blocks

Stefan C
Stefan-Hpi Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #1463
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk View Post
Run what you are most comfortable with and prefer :-). I have often used 6 degree caster blocks in high traction conditions on open tracks as i preferred the smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering. If you want to post your setup and some info on the track you race at I will happily try and provide an alternative change to try so you can run 4 degree caster blocks

Stefan C
Hi Stefan, "smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering" is what I mean by my car is handling more consistently.
Before I changed to the 6 degree caster I have a little too much initial and lack of mid corner steering.

I think I will stick to the 6 degree caster for now.

Sorry, one more question.
Does increasing the from arm sweep, eg. from FF: 1.5 / FR: 1.0 to FF: 2.5 / FR: 1.0, increases the initial and mid corner steering or mid and exit or just mid?

Many thanks!
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #1464
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Hi Stefan, "smoother initial turn in then more mid corner steering" is what I mean by my car is handling more consistently.
Before I changed to the 6 degree caster I have a little too much initial and lack of mid corner steering.

I think I will stick to the 6 degree caster for now.

Sorry, one more question.
Does increasing the from arm sweep, eg. from FF: 1.5 / FR: 1.0 to FF: 2.5 / FR: 1.0, increases the initial and mid corner steering or mid and exit or just mid?

Many thanks!

In my experience it increases initial steering the most and gives the steering a general aggressive feeling into the corner. On high bite tracks more arm sweep can cause greater chances to traction roll. But to be honest it isn't something I change much at all i pretty much run 1.0FR and 1.5FF everywhere
Stefan-Hpi Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #1465
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk View Post
In my experience it increases initial steering the most and gives the steering a general aggressive feeling into the corner. On high bite tracks more arm sweep can cause greater chances to traction roll. But to be honest it isn't something I change much at all i pretty much run 1.0FR and 1.5FF everywhere
I found just the opposite. More sweep calmed the car on entry and gave more turn mid and off corner. I recently went to 2.5FF/1.0FR on a tight carpet track full of 180's and it helped rotation a bunch and made the car easier to drive more aggressively.

That being said. Each situation is unique. Track, driver and setup all play major roles. It's odd what ends up working on raceday sometimes.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #1466
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,365
Default

It's 2014 now. I'm sure I'm not the only racer wondering about any new developments for the TCXX. Possible new layshaft and motor mounts, upper deck, shocks, towers, etc. Maybe a Yokomo-ish performance pack?

Any news on upcoming releases?
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #1467
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
I had a bad crash today, breaking my steering spindle, caster block, etc.
I only have spare old 6 degree caster blocks so I just replace with that and continued running.

And I feel my car is easier to drive and handling more consistent with 6 degree caster.

So should I just stick to the 6 degree caster or change back to the 4 degree and play with other settings to make my car more consistent?

Reason I ask is because I think no one runs 6 degree caster.

Please advise, many thanks.
Hi Nipple,

6deg caster blocks are pretty much our default setup on asphalt unless the layout is super technical or small/tight. They work great!! However, keep it in your mind that more caster degree causes more chance of traction rolling when the grip is high.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #1468
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Hi Nipple,

6deg caster blocks are pretty much our default setup on asphalt unless the layout is super technical or small/tight.
care to PM me an asphalt setup with 6 deg caster. I like try!
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #1469
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Hi Nipple,

6deg caster blocks are pretty much our default setup on asphalt unless the layout is super technical or small/tight. They work great!! However, keep it in your mind that more caster degree causes more chance of traction rolling when the grip is high.
What FF and FR blocks do you use for a medium traction and size track?
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #1470
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
I found just the opposite. More sweep calmed the car on entry and gave more turn mid and off corner. I recently went to 2.5FF/1.0FR on a tight carpet track full of 180's and it helped rotation a bunch and made the car easier to drive more aggressively.

That being said. Each situation is unique. Track, driver and setup all play major roles. It's odd what ends up working on raceday sometimes.
I find it has more initial, but I read it gives more mid and exit too.
Maybe it simply gives more steering?
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0