Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 09-01-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
Wynuum bumps Jason, I had a diff gear go on me on the snake last night, no rhyme or reason for it!
You're right Ed but you'd think Hot Bodies would over engineer the diffs a little bit to deal with a few bumps. Like i could deal with one going every once and a while but having them go basically every 5min run is mental.

Originally Posted by markrobinson
I can't think of a sensible reason as to why but if you've rebuilt the diff with new gears several times I would suspect there's something wrong with the housing. Gear diffs don't break on a regular basis.
Its on multiple different housing not just the one. A friend who also runs tcxx in the same class has had the exact same issue.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same here I have not touched mine since I put it in and it is still going strong! Running a tight track with a 5.5 brushless in it.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wynnum_Racer
Hey Guys,

I've been having some rear diff breakage issues. I've found its only on one of our tracks here. Its a tight track with lots of start stop hair pins and the grip is fairly descent grip which adds to the issue.

I've only be able to get around 1-2 runs out of a new rear diff. Ive been building the diffs to kit specs with 2 shims either side of the gear with no sanding of the gears. I have also tried adding extra shim's however i didn't see any improvement.

The diff has mainly been stripping the main larger gear only 1 side at a time. I have however had one time where it was the back of the gear where the pin sits which stripped out.

Does anyone have any solutions to my problems or know of any other brand gears that will fit the the tcxx housing ? Any help would be much appreciated.

-Jason
Please post a pic of the screw side of the assembled diff on an angle.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Please post a pic of the screw side of the assembled diff on an angle.
As requested
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-p1030772.jpg   Hot Bodies TCXX-p1030777.jpg   Hot Bodies TCXX-p1030778.jpg   Hot Bodies TCXX-p1030779.jpg   Hot Bodies TCXX-p1030780.jpg  

Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

As requested
Thanks, one problem I see that would cause the issue is that the screws are not tight enough. Look at pic #5, the screws should sit flush with the case.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Thanks, one problem I see that would cause the issue is that the screws are not tight enough. Look at pic #5, the screws should sit flush with the case.
Okay i will give it a shot, just i usually do them up fairly firm and no harder so as not to strip the thread. I think to get them flush would require them to be ultra tight.

Do you sand the back of the gears or us any extra or less shims ?

-Jason
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Okay i will give it a shot, just i usually do them up fairly firm and no harder so as not to strip the thread. I think to get them flush would require them to be ultra tight.

Do you sand the back of the gears or us any extra or less shims ?

-Jason
Nope, no need to sand them. Also when tightening the screws of course be cautious, apply force to the screw by pushing it as you turn it slowly so that it goes in further.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Fred you like to have your suggestion, my TCXX is working fine but I would like to have the rear to rotate faster I feel that I need to wait to long for the car to turn around the corner may you help.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hi Fred you like to have your suggestion, my TCXX is working fine but I would like to have the rear to rotate faster I feel that I need to wait to long for the car to turn around the corner may you help.
Hi Nuno,

Please post the complete setup you are currently running including body and tires.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

hi, all standard set up except back 3mm shims on the inside link and HPI silver springs.

body LTCR and Sorex 36 with ride orange insert.

Class 13.5 boost

thanks.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
hi, all standard set up except back 3mm shims on the inside link and HPI silver springs.

body LTCR and Sorex 36 with ride orange insert.

Class 13.5 boost

thanks.
Please explain in detail what the standard setup is you are using.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

Does anyone run the car with foam tire? Can someone share with us a nice base setup?

Thx
Old 09-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Any new updates coming out for this car??
Old 09-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

I know that there will be a conversion kit with new chassis, servo mount, motor mount,
Short shocks and new driveshafts.
Should be available in early 2014.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Nope, no need to sand them. Also when tightening the screws of course be cautious, apply force to the screw by pushing it as you turn it slowly so that it goes in further.
Hi Fred,

I tried what you suggested with the screws being tighter and the rest of the diff built to kit specs using 2k oil. It lasted one full 5min run but on my second run it stripped 2min in.

I managed to find some spec r internals which i have made fit the tcxx diff and they've lasted 30min worth of run time without any breakages. Car has been handling great but I think I'll be looking for a new brand in the near future since Ive had nothing but reliability issues since i switched to HB.

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Jason Dorn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.