Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's what I used on my TCX, but I'm quite convinced that using plastic pulley is better with this type of belts... Even if you have to change them often...
Old 08-16-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Does anyone know of any shorter shocks that work well with this car. I had to lower my shock tower to get a body to fit for USGT and need more up travel.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
That's what I used on my TCX, but I'm quite convinced that using plastic pulley is better with this type of belts... Even if you have to change them often...
Why do you say that?
Old 08-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Measuring droop from the center pin on arm

What the correct way measuring droop from the center pin in front arm should the car be flat or on blocks
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
What the correct way measuring droop from the center pin in front arm should the car be flat or on blocks
Whichever is easier for you but ensure the surface is completely flat if you use a board if you aren't using a glass board. If you do use 10mm, 20mm blocks just add that figure to your desired result. Although I use a CF pit board I always use blocks positioned under a specific point of the chassis that doesn't wear so the measurement is the same each time and since I use blocks to detweak my cars before I check/change droop I can "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" by doing a quick check to ensure the car is isn't tweaked in the same motion before I check/change droop.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just recently switched over to the plastic pulleys also and wouldn't go back. The alloy ones create lots of slop overtime and debris on the track really eats up the teeth and then the belts get chewed up.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I guess it comes to preference. I have run both and I've found rear belts last longer and the drivetrain is more efficient with the aluminum pulleys. No major issues with debris being caught in either though.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's a matter of tribology. The plastic seems to make the transmission smoother with composite pulley... But the main thing is that I consider that the spur support is way better on TCXX that TCX... Hex supports, less slope, more constant velocity... But that's only my opinion...
Old 08-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

That's a matter of tribology. The plastic seems to make the transmission smoother with composite pulley... But the main thing is that I consider that the spur support is way better on TCXX that TCX... Hex supports, less slope, more constant velocity... But that's only my opinion...
Not sure if its smoother. But I agree that the hex key is better since there's more tighter points for support, than just a small pin on the aluminum pulley. Also it is now much cheaper and easier to maintain.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Why certain parts hard to find are any in production

Why parts hard to find like the front new hub spindle set trying to find a rear belt for my hotbodies tc what the deal hpi hotbodies
Old 08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default What the lowest spur can be put on

What the lowest spur allowed what the range
Old 08-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Why parts hard to find like the front new hub spindle set trying to find a rear belt for my hotbodies tc what the deal hpi hotbodies
What the lowest spur allowed what the range
huh? neither of your posts make any sense?

I suggest using a period here and there and use complete sentences - would make things easier getting help.. I'm sure Fred, Korey and/or Hiro would appreciate that
Old 08-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
huh? neither of your posts make any sense?

I suggest using a period here and there and use complete sentences - would make things easier getting help.. I'm sure Fred, Korey and/or Hiro would appreciate that
well don't read them if you don't understand
Old 08-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

well don't read them if you don't understand
no, I understand what you are asking - your posts are incomplete thoughts and run-on sentences

yeah, the spindles are back ordered, but HPI/HB isn't fully responsible for production, at least from what I've read, anymore

and as far as your jumbled spur gear question...

you running 17.5 or mod? because that would play into the smallest spur you can run in the car - well that and the max/min number of teeth for both.

so I understand what you asking, just reading it is horrible - my daughter writes better sentences then your and she's 7
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
no, I understand what you are asking - your posts are incomplete thoughts and run-on sentences

yeah, the spindles are back ordered, but HPI/HB isn't fully responsible for production, at least from what I've read, anymore

and as far as your jumbled spur gear question...

you running 17.5 or mod? because that would play into the smallest spur you can run in the car - well that and the max/min number of teeth for both.

so I understand what you asking, just reading it is horrible - my daughter writes better sentences then your and she's 7
ok I'm not going there about your child but when you work 12/14 hrs aday sentences an happen like that also I run 17.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.