R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #1111
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

DO you ever come down to Delta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
On road priced itself out of many racers budget. Off road has a much better turnout and is easier on the wallet.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #1112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone have an alternative for shock pistons???

p/n HPI73524 3 hole machined are on b/o and i am not paying 30bucks for the stock service pack of parts.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #1113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
DO you ever come down to Delta?
Haven't been to their outdoor track yet. Ran under the barn before though.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx450racer174 View Post

p/n HPI73524 3 hole machined are on b/o and i am not paying 30bucks for the stock service pack of parts.
Tamiya 3 hole pistons are a decent alternative.
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #1115
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx450racer174 View Post

Check out Stormer. They have them IN STOCK. They also have the 1.1mm 6-Hole Teflon pistons IN STOCK.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #1116
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Tamiya 3 hole pistons are a decent alternative.
+1 But unless you're at the Hara level of racing, I highly doubt you would be able to feel the difference.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #1117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
+1 But unless you're at the Hara level of racing, I highly doubt you would be able to feel the difference.
The difference between the machined and molded pistons is discernable on the track. Especially so since the machined pistons are smaller in diameter than their molded counterparts.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #1118
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
The difference between the machined and molded pistons is discernable on the track. Especially so since the machined pistons are smaller in diameter than their molded counterparts.
With the second sentence you wrote, I agree 100%. But if the machined and molded pistons were the same size, I would bet a bazillion dollars that us mere mortals would never ever feel the difference. But I'm sure any of the top 20 or so pro drivers out there would.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
Old 05-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #1119
Tech Elite

Quote:
With the second sentence you wrote, I agree 100%. But if the machined and molded pistons were the same size, I would bet a bazillion dollars that us mere mortals would never ever feel the difference. But I'm sure any of the top 20 or so pro drivers out there would.
My entire statement is tied together, you can't agree with only part of it. Not true about feeling the difference, that might be the case for you but it's not true for everyone.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #1120
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
My entire statement is tied together, you can't agree with only part of it. Not true about feeling the difference, that might be the case for you but it's not true for everyone.
Like I said, "for us mere mortals"... I don't know who you are. But since I don't see your name in any top level racing results, I would still seriously be willing to be a lot of money that if I swapped out molded vs. machined pistons of the same size 10 times in your car, you would guess correctly about 5/10 times which was which. That's my opinion with over 30 years of RC and I'm entitled to it.... and I'm not selling anything. And no offense meant to you or anyone else as I'm sure everyone can have differing thoughts as well.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #1121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Like I said, "for us mere mortals"... I don't know who you are. But since I don't see your name in any top level racing results, I would still seriously be willing to be a lot of money that if I swapped out molded vs. machined pistons of the same size 10 times in your car, you would guess correctly about 5/10 times which was which. That's my opinion with over 30 years of RC and I'm entitled to it.... and I'm not selling anything. And no offense meant to you or anyone else as I'm sure everyone can have differing thoughts as well.
Fred Hubbard won the Reedy Open (Modified Class) and now races with the Invitaional guys.

Nuff said. Listen and don't bicker....

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #1122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sorry Fred...

I think I should have been more PC, but it's just not in my nature.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #1123
Tech Elite

Quote:
As they say everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when you start grouping everyone into the same catergory without any qualifiable evidence to support such a generalization then there's an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Fred Hubbard won the Reedy Open (Modified Class) and now races with the Invitaional guys.

Quote:
Sorry Fred...

I think I should have been more PC, but it's just not in my nature.
Thanks Art, I appreciate that.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #1124
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well as it sits I had to buy Tamiya pistons since I could not find any HB ones and I don't have a CC to use at Stormer since they don't accept PP. O well I hope HB parts support picks up soon.

Thanks for the tips guys.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #1125
Tech Adept

Quote:

I take it all back!!! No bets against Fred!!! He's one of the immortals!