R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #1111
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

DO you ever come down to Delta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
On road priced itself out of many racers budget. Off road has a much better turnout and is easier on the wallet.
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #1112
Tech Master
 
trx450racer174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moreno Valley,CA
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have an alternative for shock pistons???

p/n HPI73524 3 hole machined are on b/o and i am not paying 30bucks for the stock service pack of parts.
__________________
E.K.D. RC Paint Work
Team Serpent USA, Desoto Racing , Team DE Racing, Team Hitec, Team Trakpower, Futaba, Team AKA, TrackstarRC.
trx450racer174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #1113
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,731
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
DO you ever come down to Delta?
Haven't been to their outdoor track yet. Ran under the barn before though.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1114
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,053
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx450racer174 View Post
Anyone have an alternative for shock pistons???

p/n HPI73524 3 hole machined are on b/o and i am not paying 30bucks for the stock service pack of parts.
Tamiya 3 hole pistons are a decent alternative.
__________________
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #1115
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx450racer174 View Post
Anyone have an alternative for shock pistons???

p/n HPI73524 3 hole machined are on b/o and i am not paying 30bucks for the stock service pack of parts.
Check out Stormer. They have them IN STOCK. They also have the 1.1mm 6-Hole Teflon pistons IN STOCK.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #1116
Tech Adept
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Tamiya 3 hole pistons are a decent alternative.
+1 But unless you're at the Hara level of racing, I highly doubt you would be able to feel the difference.
__________________
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #1117
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
+1 But unless you're at the Hara level of racing, I highly doubt you would be able to feel the difference.
The difference between the machined and molded pistons is discernable on the track. Especially so since the machined pistons are smaller in diameter than their molded counterparts.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #1118
Tech Adept
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
The difference between the machined and molded pistons is discernable on the track. Especially so since the machined pistons are smaller in diameter than their molded counterparts.
With the second sentence you wrote, I agree 100%. But if the machined and molded pistons were the same size, I would bet a bazillion dollars that us mere mortals would never ever feel the difference. But I'm sure any of the top 20 or so pro drivers out there would.
__________________
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #1119
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
With the second sentence you wrote, I agree 100%. But if the machined and molded pistons were the same size, I would bet a bazillion dollars that us mere mortals would never ever feel the difference. But I'm sure any of the top 20 or so pro drivers out there would.
My entire statement is tied together, you can't agree with only part of it. Not true about feeling the difference, that might be the case for you but it's not true for everyone.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #1120
Tech Adept
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
My entire statement is tied together, you can't agree with only part of it. Not true about feeling the difference, that might be the case for you but it's not true for everyone.
Like I said, "for us mere mortals"... I don't know who you are. But since I don't see your name in any top level racing results, I would still seriously be willing to be a lot of money that if I swapped out molded vs. machined pistons of the same size 10 times in your car, you would guess correctly about 5/10 times which was which. That's my opinion with over 30 years of RC and I'm entitled to it.... and I'm not selling anything. And no offense meant to you or anyone else as I'm sure everyone can have differing thoughts as well.
__________________
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #1121
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,825
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Like I said, "for us mere mortals"... I don't know who you are. But since I don't see your name in any top level racing results, I would still seriously be willing to be a lot of money that if I swapped out molded vs. machined pistons of the same size 10 times in your car, you would guess correctly about 5/10 times which was which. That's my opinion with over 30 years of RC and I'm entitled to it.... and I'm not selling anything. And no offense meant to you or anyone else as I'm sure everyone can have differing thoughts as well.
Fred Hubbard won the Reedy Open (Modified Class) and now races with the Invitaional guys.

Nuff said. Listen and don't bicker....
__________________
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing
www.TeamPowersUSA.com

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #1122
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,825
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Sorry Fred...

I think I should have been more PC, but it's just not in my nature.
__________________
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing
www.TeamPowersUSA.com

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #1123
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Like I said, "for us mere mortals"... I don't know who you are. But since I don't see your name in any top level racing results, I would still seriously be willing to be a lot of money that if I swapped out molded vs. machined pistons of the same size 10 times in your car, you would guess correctly about 5/10 times which was which. That's my opinion with over 30 years of RC and I'm entitled to it.... and I'm not selling anything. And no offense meant to you or anyone else as I'm sure everyone can have differing thoughts as well.
As they say everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when you start grouping everyone into the same catergory without any qualifiable evidence to support such a generalization then there's an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Fred Hubbard won the Reedy Open (Modified Class) and now races with the Invitaional guys.

Nuff said. Listen and don't bicker....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Sorry Fred...

I think I should have been more PC, but it's just not in my nature.
Thanks Art, I appreciate that.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #1124
Tech Master
 
trx450racer174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moreno Valley,CA
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Well as it sits I had to buy Tamiya pistons since I could not find any HB ones and I don't have a CC to use at Stormer since they don't accept PP. O well I hope HB parts support picks up soon.

Thanks for the tips guys.
__________________
E.K.D. RC Paint Work
Team Serpent USA, Desoto Racing , Team DE Racing, Team Hitec, Team Trakpower, Futaba, Team AKA, TrackstarRC.
trx450racer174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #1125
Tech Adept
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Fred Hubbard won the Reedy Open (Modified Class) and now races with the Invitaional guys.

Nuff said. Listen and don't bicker....
I take it all back!!! No bets against Fred!!! He's one of the immortals!
__________________
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0