R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #1036
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I know they look like they move it further out than the TCXX blocks, but they are in between the OLD OLD steering blocks and the TCXX blocks. The new V2 blocks are a modified version of the original blocks from the Cyclone and TCX.

Korey, have you tested it? any comments?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #1037
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Gave the no cut out chassis a try recently. It really is responsive in chicanes and sweepers. I had to combo the chassis with the 2.0 top deck to get it to work on asphalt. Feels really similar to the tcx option chassis w/ 2.5 top deck. Just giving a heads up for racers wanting to try it on asphalt
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #1038
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
Gave the no cut out chassis a try recently. It really is responsive in chicanes and sweepers. I had to combo the chassis with the 2.0 top deck to get it to work on asphalt. Feels really similar to the tcx option chassis w/ 2.5 top deck. Just giving a heads up for racers wanting to try it on asphalt
even in low grip asphalt? so the stock chassis is not that good in asphalt or it will do?
Old 05-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #1039
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
even in low grip asphalt? so the stock chassis is not that good in asphalt or it will do?
I tested on a sugar water prepped track.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #1040
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
The standard TCXX chassis works very well even in case of low grip, it is sufficient to use the top deck 2mm, with high grip and treated surface works well with standard top deck 2,5mm.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #1041
Tech Addict

News from Smokem

Chassis no cut 2,25mm

Hot Bodies TCXX-smokem-tcxx-mx-chassis.jpg

Servo mount (use only with Smokem chassis)

Hot Bodies TCXX-smokem-tcxx-servo-mount.png
Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #1042
Tech Master

What's smokems web address?
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #1043
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://smokem-racing.com/Home.html
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #1044
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys,

I you might already know, one of LRP drivers Oliver Franke from Germany has won the TCM (LRP Trouring Car Masters) stock class.

here is the quote from him.

"as you already have heard the TCM went pretty good for me I was able to TQ 4 out of 5 qualification runs and was also on top after the practice. In the finals i won every final with quite a big distance tot he second placed. So on Sunday evening the podium was: 1. Me 2. Marek Cerny (already won 2 ETS races this season) and 3. Zdenko Kunak (now driving as a yokomo team driver).
So all the european top Stock guys attended.

My car was very good right from the beginning. On Friday the first 3 of 4 practice runs were just to get used to the very technical track and also to find a working set up. I just moved the shocks one hole more to the inside compared to my normal set up. In the last run on Friday in practice i was able to post the fastest time so i was on top after all practice runs. On Saturday i started with the same set up and also with the same set of tires from Friday. But they didnt work that good so i decided to use new ones for Q2. It felt much better then so i was able to TQ the rest of the qualification runs.

On Sunday i still ran with the same set up and it worked awesome. So i was able to win A1 and also A2 with a comfortable lead. I was thinking about not starting in A3 but i decided to also start in the last main. I had some bad luck with overtaking the slower cars but still won with a lead of 7 seconds i think. I could have also overtake the second placed but i lost a couple of seconds in that crash. But anyway the car was just amazing. My best Laptime was 13.0sec and in the Modified A-Main it was only Ronald Völker and Freddy Südhoff who topped it with a 12.9sec. In stock we had a 10.5 LRP X12 Motor with 0 Boost.

So all in all i am very happy with that result and also with the car.

Great job Oliver!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Oliver Franke _TCM Althengstett 2013.pdf (446.9 KB, 233 views)
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #1045
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Can someone tell me where I could find Front A-arms and DCJ in stock for the TCXX. I want to buy the TCXX but its tough finding the basic parts in stock.
vulcanbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #1046
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanbomber View Post
Can someone tell me where I could find Front A-arms and DCJ in stock for the TCXX. I want to buy the TCXX but its tough finding the basic parts in stock.
not available, just like some of the parts on Oliver Franke's car ... you gotta wait with the rest of us ...
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #1047
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
not available, just like some of the parts on Oliver Franke's car ... you gotta wait with the rest of us ...
Ok thanks. I better hold off on buying. I don't trust others enough... to not t-bone me and break an an a arm.
vulcanbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #1048
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You can find some parts on Ebay form older models that will work.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #1049
Tech Fanatic

Hello guys,

Most of the parts will be available from Hobbico (Towerhobbies) soon, but i will also check if there is any way to make the process faster. I totally understand how tough to keep racing without enough back up parts. I will try my best i can and will provide the info as much as i have.

Thanks for all your support.
Best regards,

Hiro Kasuya
hpi/HB
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #1050
Tech Rookie

Default alternate parts

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have read [almost] every post in this thread and am finally stumped enough to join and ask for help.

The TCXX is my first Onroad chassis and I've found it to be a great little ride. As I spend most of my time bashing, I've had to replace a fair share of parts and have gotten creative in finding alternates when HPI has been out of stock which is VERY often.

I know the current state of the union with HPI/Hobbico so I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas as my car is out of commish and I'd hope that I don't have to wait unti July.

Couple days ago, I noticed that my main pulley off the spur was stripped and in turn, also stripped my rear belt. I happend to find a new belt so swapped down to the 19t pulleys, switched the belt, tightened it and after 1 run, noticed I stripped the rear belt, the pulley AND my damn diff gear....after 1 run!!! BUMMER.

I have a spare belt but cannot for the life of me find another 20t pulley and Diff case. Really would only need 1 20t pullet as the other is still intact.

Anyone know if there's an aftermarket part that I can use to replace both these items? A lead on a US based reseller with these parts would also be greatly appreciated.

-HPI 68828 - Diff Case
-HPI 68279 - Pullet Set 18t, 19t, 20t
Also, I broke these on the last crash but have found a temp solution. Would like to also replace:
-HPI 68839 - Aluminum steering arm post

Thanks in advance, guys

-Frank
Reallyslow is offline   Reply With Quote