R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #901
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
First I would like to say customer service at HB/HPI was second to none I was really sad when it went to GP. Parts availability made me sell my 2 TCXX last week. I liked the car but when I ordered parts in January and they are still back ordered is just bad. I had 5 outdrives on back ordered and I was sent 2 last week and now my other 3 are back order till June. I'm a manager at hobby store and I order all RC cars kits and parts. Even before GP took over the parts were hard to find. I used all my resources to try to dig up c-hubs and a-arms for 3 months to no avail. So to try and put the blame on the hobby shop is wrong. I know parts availability will get better but thats months down the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I was a team driver and couldn't get parts. The last Reedy I attended at Norcal the joke between fellow team drivers was how long we each were waiting on certain parts I applaud you for promoting your sponsor but HB failed many of us here in Sac bro. Doesn't sound like too much has changed either. See ya at the Reedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
We tried to get full parts support for the car at Reflex, however with the new move to Great Planes, we can no longer get parts for the car directly from Hot Bodies or our distributor. Unfortunately we are forced to dump all the inventory of the car and stop carrying parts for the car altogether.

On another note, if anyone needs a smoking deal on Hotbodies parts/Kits, you can PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
+1
I couldn't get any parts in the US..period....
No hobby shop could or can get them..
HB direct customer service pretty much told me to look on ebay...that was before the GP deal...
funny thing they had TCX/XX arms listed as discontinued (gave the part number right from the manual).

I miss the purple car but fully rocking orange now...
guess what...not one issue getting parts and no international shipping fees. can I get a hell yeah!!!!

I personally think HotBodies should apologize to all who have support them only to be left out in the cold.
Here is what I know, when this car was released within 1 to 1.5 months spare and option parts were in stock at HB USA because I ordered them and I continued to order product successfully up until the GP deal. I know that the USA website wasn't updated with the new part numbers and pictures which made it hard for everyone to know what was in stock which is why I always advised those wondering to call the office. What happened from there I cannot attest to. What I say aint got nothing to do with support our brand, it's what I know from 1st hand knowledge. GP purchased the rights to be the exclusive North America distributor which means that all product has been going to them. It's tough for EVERYONE right now until Tower gets their site updated.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #902
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,674
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

It's not only tough for the customers, but tough for dealers. We don't have a GP account or 20K lying around to open up an account with them, so no more Hot Bodies for us, unfortunately.

HB did have the items in stock, but the web site was never updated. When we went to stock up on all the items, I had to do all the research on the Europe website, because not even the order sheets for dealers were updated. Since we had the desire to carry the car, we jumped at the opportunity and did not mind this much, however no one customer should have to go through all that to order your product if you want to run a successful operation.

Now with the shift to GP, our distributors, HRP and ERI can no longer get HB/HPI items which means we can't get them unless we open up a great planes account- which is not going to happen.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #903
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,825
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I was a team driver and couldn't get parts. The last Reedy I attended at Norcal the joke between fellow team drivers was how long we each were waiting on certain parts I applaud you for promoting your sponsor but HB failed many of us here in Sac bro. Doesn't sound like too much has changed either. See ya at the Reedy
That was with the TCX. I have not had a problem getting parts for the TCXX.
__________________
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing
www.TeamPowersUSA.com

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #904
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Here is what I know, when this car was released within 1 to 1.5 months spare and option parts were in stock at HB USA because I ordered them and I continued to order product successfully up until the GP deal. I know that the USA website wasn't updated with the new part numbers and pictures which made it hard for everyone to know what was in stock which is why I always advised those wondering to call the office. What happened from there I cannot attest to. What I say aint got nothing to do with support our brand, it's what I know from 1st hand knowledge. GP purchased the rights to be the exclusive North America distributor which means that all product has been going to them. It's tough for EVERYONE right now until Tower gets their site updated.

Fred, how do you think all of this will effect the release of the short shocks, towers and springs (and anything else that's new) ? Will they even be released ?
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #905
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Fred, how do you think all of this will effect the release of the short shocks, towers and springs (and anything else that's new) ? Will they even be released ?
Thanks.
I believe that when these parts are released product flow from GP will at the very least be near full strength. Naturally it will take more time initially for them to update their site(s) and inventory listings. I know that several weeks ago they received there initial kit orders and next up were the part orders.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #906
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Fred, I want to thank you and Korey for listening to us go on about parts availability. We needed a place to vent and you listened and offered what help you could give and we appreciate it! My parts are now trickeling in and hopefuly parts availability will continue get better! Thanks for not bailing on us as there are not too many company reps that will go out of their way like you guys do. Just wanted to thank you guys for all your help! So now that we have parts again, Lets Get Racing!!!
HD Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #907
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Racer View Post
Fred, I want to thank you and Korey for listening to us go on about parts availability. We needed a place to vent and you listened and offered what help you could give and we appreciate it! My parts are now trickeling in and hopefuly parts availability will continue get better! Thanks for not bailing on us as there are not too many company reps that will go out of their way like you guys do. Just wanted to thank you guys for all your help! So now that we have parts again, Lets Get Racing!!!
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #908
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

What is the transmission drive ratio on the TCXX so I can figure out my gearing ratio?
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #909
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
What is the transmission drive ratio on the TCXX so I can figure out my gearing ratio?
I believe it is Spur X Pinion X 1.95 = Final Drive
HD Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #910
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Racer View Post
I believe it is Spur X Pinion X 1.95 = Final Drive
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #911
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Racer View Post
I believe it is Spur X Pinion X 1.95 = Final Drive
ummm

(Spur / pinion) x 1.95 = FDR
__________________
☆ ARC ☆ Hobby Authority Distribution ☆ ActivRC ☆
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #912
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, I got that. I knew the spur pinion part just needed the transmission equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukil View Post
ummm

(Spur / pinion) x 1.95 = FDR
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #913
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,731
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Racer View Post
Fred, I want to thank you and Korey for listening to us go on about parts availability. We needed a place to vent and you listened and offered what help you could give and we appreciate it! My parts are now trickeling in and hopefuly parts availability will continue get better! Thanks for not bailing on us as there are not too many company reps that will go out of their way like you guys do. Just wanted to thank you guys for all your help! So now that we have parts again, Lets Get Racing!!!
Fred is a killer guy. He's a fellow BN RACING homie so I gotta stop and tip my hat to him as well. As far as Korey goes.......that guy has helped me big time back in the day. In fact....I think he might be in Cali tonight at the off road track

Now the million dollar question.....How do you apply putty in a gear diff? Can you put too much in or not enough???
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #914
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,825
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Fred is a killer guy. He's a fellow BN RACING homie so I gotta stop and tip my hat to him as well. As far as Korey goes.......that guy has helped me big time back in the day. In fact....I think he might be in Cali tonight at the off road track

Now the million dollar question.....How do you apply putty in a gear diff? Can you put too much in or not enough???
Call my son, he uses a silicone ear plug and some oil in his. Works pretty killer...You have his number, as long as the blacklock isn't on.

LOL
__________________
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing
www.TeamPowersUSA.com

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #915
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,731
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Call my son, he uses a silicone ear plug and some oil in his. Works pretty killer...You have his number, as long as the blacklock isn't on.

LOL
Blacklock is on
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0