R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #76
Tech Regular
 
drsfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NE. Ill
Posts: 443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
Jus got mine
But I think I should be the first to drive it!

D.
__________________
Do One Brave Thing Today And Then Run Like Hell!


Darrald Spencer
drsfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #77
Tech Adept
 
rcsuicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsfly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
Just got mine
But I think I should be the first to drive it!

D.
Any pictures of the build yet?
rcsuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #78
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


cool looking car
lol Hara, im sold just watching that.

I thought it was gonna be a simple upgrade with a few parts I want, but the new steering crank needs the tcxx bottom deck

update: just watched the video again. I think he said out of the box comes extra dogbones and spare parts

Last edited by goots; 09-06-2012 at 12:07 AM.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,501
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Can someone post the regular link to the video?? Thanks
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #80
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I think it comes with a sway bar set which is pretty sweet.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #81
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoczak View Post
Can someone post the regular link to the video?? Thanks
Hot Bodies TCXX Feature Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I think it comes with a sway bar set which is pretty sweet.
Yes it does.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #82
Tech Master
 
bronc4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates,IL
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

In the video I think I see him running the new hobbywing v3 esc ...are those esc's really worth 215 bucks ?
O and can't wait mine should be here sat thanks speedtech...
__________________
RACE-BASH-CRAWL
Two many toys not enough time..
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #83
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
In the video I think I see him running the new hobbywing v3 esc ...are those esc's really worth 215 bucks ?
Its a great speedo. Super smooth. Handles power really well.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #84
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,746
Default

If the steering posts are moved back 2mm I guess the battery is also moved back??
I dont know if I like that!
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #85
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
If the steering posts are moved back 2mm I guess the battery is also moved back??
I dont know if I like that!
Don't hate until you have seen the car and or touched the car. You will get to try one soon enough. Hopefully the 15th if you will be down there.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #86
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
If the steering posts are moved back 2mm I guess the battery is also moved back??
I dont know if I like that!
How can you now like it until you have tried it? Can you please share your concern about not liking it?
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #87
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,746
Default

95 % of the racing I do is on carpet. My main concern with a car is how does it perform in a high bite situation (big race).

Very rarely would anyone want to run their battery that far back on high bite carpet.
Running that much weight rearward on carpet will make the car a pain to drive........on asphalt I can see the need.......carpet not so much.

But hey, I probably don't know what i'm talking about so by all means continue with excitement of a new car coming.

Maybe at a later date we can discuss why the motor was moved out 2.5mm just to make the new style motor mount work.............Which by the way it didn't look like Hara was running on his car.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #88
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
95 % of the racing I do is on carpet. My main concern with a car is how does it perform in a high bite situation (big race).

Very rarely would anyone want to run their battery that far back on high bite carpet.
Running that much weight rearward on carpet will make the car a pain to drive........on asphalt I can see the need.......carpet not so much.

But hey, I probably don't know what i'm talking about so by all means continue with excitement of a new car coming.

Maybe at a later date we can discuss why the motor was moved out 2.5mm just to make the new style motor mount work.............Which by the way it didn't look like Hara was running on his car.
As far as batteries are concerned, I would try a shorty pack that could be moved forward/backward on the chassis to try different COG's.

With the difference in motor mounts, I wonder if Hot Bodies will create a Hara Edition TCXX that has all the exact same hardware that Hara was running at the IFMAR World Championships in Heemstede two months ago.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #89
Tech Adept
 
rcsuicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
With the difference in motor mounts, I wonder if Hot Bodies will create a Hara Edition TCXX that has all the exact same hardware that Hara was running at the IFMAR World Championships in Heemstede two months ago.
Or maybe they will have an "Upgrade Kit" with just the changes in hardware to make the TCXX exactly like Hara's at the IFMAR Worlds.
rcsuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #90
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,862
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
As far as batteries are concerned, I would try a shorty pack that could be moved forward/backward on the chassis to try different COG's.

With the difference in motor mounts, I wonder if Hot Bodies will create a Hara Edition TCXX that has all the exact same hardware that Hara was running at the IFMAR World Championships in Heemstede two months ago.
A shorty battery does not perform as good compared to a full size battery. Trying to run it in a spec class would defeat the purpose and only slow you down more due to higher resistance and lower voltage output and a much worse discharge curve.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0