R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #691
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
you should ask what the other locals at your track are running. Much more usefull/ practical info.
Agreed. A lot of stuff out there is really good now days. I personally use a HPI Flux Pro ESC which is basically a Hobbywing XERUN V3. Works great, highly adjustable and very smooth. For motors and batteries I run Thunder Power. Both are very good quality products but that doesn't mean that they are the only ones. Check into Reedy and LRP products as well.

-Korey
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #692
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragglerock View Post
Hi

I need some help regarding putting some dcj on a tcxx. Have read that tamiya 417 or from spec r are a directly fit , but is it possible to fit the tcx dcj from spec r with a tcx roche front spool ?

Thanks
I'm not sure of the specifics of your question as I only use the official HB parts. I know that Juan had used the Tamiya DCJ's successfully with some minor modifications. If you go back a page or two he outlines how he did it.
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #693
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone please kindly advise me what are the effects when you increase/reduce the spacers at the two areas circled in red in the attached figure?

Ackerman and bump steer?

Many thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies TCXX-spacers.jpg  

Last edited by Nipple; 02-01-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #694
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbalint View Post
Hello Everyone!

Here is Roche's floating servo mount installed on my tcxx. Fits on standard chassis without any modification.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v...2/IMG_4542.JPG

http://www.roche.hk/shopping/index.p...product_id=730

Balint
u considered CSO before?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #695
Tech Regular

Default 3 HOLE FRONT HUB QUESTION

Hi Guys,
The XX has the 3 hole front hubs, on my old cyclone the hubs had 2 holes I think. Why the change to the 3 hole hubs?
Also what difference will it make to the handling if I use the middle hole on the front hubs instead of the 3rd hole ?? Thanks for you advise
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #696
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Can someone please kindly advise me what are the effects when you increase/reduce the spacers at the two areas circled in red in the attached figure?

Ackerman and bump steer?

Many thanks!!!
Hi,

Adding 'more' Ackerman shims changes the difference between the outside and inside wheel. So with more shims the inside wheel will turn "tighter" than the outside wheel.

Bump steer is the change in toe out when the suspension compresses. Generally I have found adding more shims under the steering knuckle can give more mid corner steering. Most noticeably on asphalt or bumpy tracks. i wouldnt run too many shims tho 0.5-1.5mm max. You can check your bump steer effect by placing the car on a set up station and checking the toe out and then take a reading with the suspension compressed. I find adding shims changes when the bump steer takes effect

I hope this helps

Stefan C

Last edited by Stefan-Hpi Uk; 02-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Stefan-Hpi Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #697
Tech Apprentice

Just a quick note to those considering the Roche mount. When you run the belt tensioner you will need to countersink the hole and use a flat head screw otherwise the button head screw catches on the mount :-).
Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #698
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Hi Guys,
The XX has the 3 hole front hubs, on my old cyclone the hubs had 2 holes I think. Why the change to the 3 hole hubs?
Also what difference will it make to the handling if I use the middle hole on the front hubs instead of the 3rd hole ?? Thanks for you advise
You should notice the cars steering is smoother and less aggressive. The pickup point in the 3rd hole is further back which results in a smoother steering response. You sacrifice total achievable lock but this isn't an issue with the new tcxx longer cranks
Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #699
Tech Rookie

Default Internal gearing

Hi

What belt are you using with the 18t on the layshaft ??? It dosent fell like it can be tight enough with the stock ones

Thanks
Fragglerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #700
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk View Post
Just a quick note to those considering the Roche mount. When you run the belt tensioner you will need to countersink the hole and use a flat head screw otherwise the button head screw catches on the mount :-).
Yes, I noticed too.

It can also eliminate the upper tensor belt, there is also the low tensioner

Last edited by AGNO; 02-02-2013 at 11:14 AM.
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #701
Tech Rookie

Default TCXX chassis with TCX fittings?

Hi All

Is it possible, without too many new parts, to use a TCXX chassis with TCX fittings as I am finding it hard to find a new narrow TCX chassis. Is it just:

- TCXX chassis
- +2mm steering arms (HPI-68824)

Additional to this can I fit the new TCXX one piece spur holder (HPI-68273), with matching pulleys of course, on the existing TCX motor mounts i.e. are the spacings the same as the kit TCX ones?

Appreciate you knowledgable peoples help.

Cheers.
GregDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #702
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDP View Post
Hi All

Is it possible, without too many new parts, to use a TCXX chassis with TCX fittings as I am finding it hard to find a new narrow TCX chassis. Is it just:

- TCXX chassis

Additional to this can I fit the new TCXX one piece spur holder (HPI-68273), with matching pulleys of course, on the existing TCX motor mounts i.e. are the spacings the same as the kit TCX ones?

Cheers.
Yes to all, if you want you can also order the gear diffs and have almost the same car. There are some other minor differences but it is basically the same car.

Sponsor by Makita Li-Ion Brushless Power Tools. Eat the power!

Selling something but no pictures, goodbye.
SuperFastSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #703
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail View Post
Yes to all, if you want you can also order the gear diffs and have almost the same car. There are some other minor differences but it is basically the same car.
so my tcx with a narrow chassis and lowered shock towers with gear diff does not much have difference with the current xx chassis?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #704
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The motor mount on the tcxx is 2mm further out, which I don't think they were using at the worlds.
Gtr r34 m-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #705
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDP View Post
Hi All

- TCXX chassis

Cheers.
Yup.
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote