R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #481
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
CAN ANYONE SHARE A GOOD STARTING CARPET SET-UP....THANKS
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #482
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
Here:

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/hotb...ceway20120909/
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #483
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Also I posted at least one setup for another driver, if you search the previous pages you will find it.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #484
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Also I posted at least one setup for another driver, if you search the previous pages you will find it.
will do fred thanks!
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #485
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
will do fred thanks!
You ever gonna bring it up to Harbor Hobbies?
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #486
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
You ever gonna bring it up to Harbor Hobbies?
Dont worry Nolan i will be there... Just waiting for a few parts to come in.
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #487
frk
Tech Rookie
 
frk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 18
Default Optional parts by Arrowmax

Hi guys !
I would like to ask Mr. hubbard if these optional parts for TCXX (lowered towers by Arrowmax site) can be mounted, and if they have a better use on carpet.

Thanks so much



Last edited by frk; 11-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
frk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #488
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frk View Post
Hi guys !
I would like to ask Mr. hubbard if these optional parts for TCXX (lowered towers by Arrowmax site) can be mounted, and if they have a better use on carpet.

Thanks so much


If they are TCXX specific then I don't see why they wouldn't fit. Whether or not they would be better on carpet depends on your overall setup and driving style. Using them will change the piston position and reduce the pack of the shock (less oil above the piston). This will induce more chassis roll and will reduce the lateral load balance on your tires. But you don't have to use those towers because you can always alter pack/piston position by changing the overall shock length.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #489
Tech Addict
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, nothing new about a floating servo support?

Sorry about the spur gear, it was a picture of Robinson for my Awesomatix...

This is the item mounted on my TCXX:
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #490
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Hey guys, nothing new about a floating servo support?

Sorry about the spur gear, it was a picture of Robinson for my Awesomatix...

This is the item mounted on my TCXX:
Airwave~ I thought CSO made a floating servo mount
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #491
Tech Adept
 
Texco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hi all,

Has anyone tested the box setup for the TCXX? Any feedback would be great!

I race outdoors on a Low/Med bite track and I would say its a tight/open track as well.

Thanks for your time guys.
Texco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #492
Tech Master
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texco View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone tested the box setup for the TCXX? Any feedback would be great!

I race outdoors on a Low/Med bite track and I would say its a tight/open track as well.

Thanks for your time guys.
I found the box setup really twitchy. Way too nose-happy.

I (mostly) switched over to Fred Hubbards setup - #2 position for the shocks in the rear, #3 in the front, wide copper rollbar in the back. I left the 1.5mm under the front blocks, however.

Car was much better, and a lot more predictable. I would also add a touch more front droop, as the car was a little loose coming out of the corner - not much, but enough that you had to be paying attention when you got on the throttle.

Update: this is the setup I was referring to. I stuck with the kit shocks, since I wasn't sure a) what they are in the scale of HB shocks (pinks, silver, gold, etc), and how they compared to the Yomoko Shocks. I know there's charts online to compare them, but I haven't got there yet...
__________________
Ken Miller
T4 2014, 10r5.1 (F/S), 12r5.2 (F/S)
CRC Xti WC/GenX-10
Dog Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #493
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Any online shops in the US carry option parts yet?
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #494
Tech Addict
 
b_recliner's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Port Royal, PA
Posts: 501
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
I found the box setup really twitchy. Way too nose-happy.

I (mostly) switched over to Fred Hubbards setup - #2 position for the shocks in the rear, #3 in the front, wide copper rollbar in the back. I left the 1.5mm under the front blocks, however.

Car was much better, and a lot more predictable. I would also add a touch more front droop, as the car was a little loose coming out of the corner - not much, but enough that you had to be paying attention when you got on the throttle.

Update: this is the setup I was referring to. I stuck with the kit shocks, since I wasn't sure a) what they are in the scale of HB shocks (pinks, silver, gold, etc), and how they compared to the Yomoko Shocks. I know there's charts online to compare them, but I haven't got there yet...
I found the kit setup twitch as well. I made a few changes that seemed to work well (raised the front ride height a smidge and slapped a softer rear tire on than what I had prior), but I think I'm gonna give Fred's setup a try. Thanks for posting.
__________________
Tracks: Richfield Raceway, LCRC, DRP
Current Cars: Xray t4 '14, Schumacher Cougar KF, Schumacher Mi5, Losi 22 2.0, Losi 8ight E 3.0
b_recliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #495
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Why many used
Tamiya Rear Uprights #51333 ?
TCXX Cut-Out/2.25mm ?

the origin chassis is not good : Cry:
Thank you
zozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0