R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 AM   #451
Tech Initiate

Having a small issue with my TCXX build...

When I pull on the turnbuckle 2) to simulate turning, the joint part of the drive shaft 1) gets stuck and I feel quite a bit of resistance. If I pull a bit harder then it finally gives but it turns the the whole drive train just a bit. After that it'll generally start moving freely, but then it'll give resistance again sometimes when I spin the drive train a little by spinning the wheel hubs. I'm not sure if this is a not enough lubricant issue or if it's something I did wrong in terms of build. Any help or insight would be very welcome.
Yukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 AM   #452
Tech Regular

I said I belive because I dint want u to order 10 or sumit and they not be the same as they used to be when I used to run them. You could get a t4 and rip ur screws thru ur chassis lol thatd be a bigger problem than 2 screws in ur spur.
bob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukie View Post
Having a small issue with my TCXX build...

When I pull on the turnbuckle 2) to simulate turning, the joint part of the drive shaft 1) gets stuck and I feel quite a bit of resistance. If I pull a bit harder then it finally gives but it turns the the whole drive train just a bit. After that it'll generally start moving freely, but then it'll give resistance again sometimes when I spin the drive train a little by spinning the wheel hubs. I'm not sure if this is a not enough lubricant issue or if it's something I did wrong in terms of build. Any help or insight would be very welcome.
Take pictures of the joints of your front driveshafts out and in the car showing them as they are being turned. 99.99% of the time we always run DCJ's up front.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #454
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
Xenon VRS spur gears are what come in the kit.and YES ThAt one will definately work on 4 screws... Not that it matters all that much.

Did you seriously ask if that RW spur with only 6 holes in total would work with 4 screws... Jesus
- yes I did seriously ask, on several occassions
- and as to that last remark.... not very nice. Is this how it works within the Hot Bodies drivers scene?! Well, not my cup of tea then
- never had to work that hard to get info that I can use on a car
- parts supply seems to be under par big time
- seriously considering in what direction to point my money at
- going to look further into T4. Knowing I am going to spend over 1,000 on TC stuff this HB hassle is not what I was bargaining for
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #455
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 11-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #456
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
- and as to that last remark.... not very nice. Is this how it works within the Hot Bodies drivers scene?! Well, not my cup of tea then
- going to look further into T4. Knowing I am going to spend over 1,000 on TC stuff this HB hassle is not what I was bargaining for
The problem with your posts are you ask the simplest of questions, questions that you can figure out on your own. I like how you go into threads ask a bunch of worthless questions, and then you get mad at the users who are trying to help you. You never get anything from their posts, so they get frustrated with you. Pretty much seems like your just a troll going from car thread to car thread. Oh, and all of us spend $1000's of dollars on our cars. You need to just buy a car already!
Slo_E4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #457
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
The problem with your posts are you ask the simplest of questions, questions that you can figure out on your own. I like how you go into threads ask a bunch of worthless questions, and then you get mad at the users who are trying to help you. You never get anything from their posts, so they get frustrated with you. Pretty much seems like your just a troll going from car thread to car thread. Oh, and all of us spend $1000's of dollars on our cars. You need to just buy a car already!

Dear Sir,

The way you react says more about you than about me.
There is no need for me to stoop to that level.
Therefore I'll leave it at this.

XRay has its own forum where people treat each other with good manners and in a civilized way. I know by now that I fit in there much better.

More than once I asked to terminate my account and delete all of my messages. Again I urge you to do so. Thank you for the effort.

Best Regards,

Ken Sei
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
I realize that English is not your first language, but I would like to politely let you know that you are coming across as a real jerk, which might explain your salty reception. Drivers scene? I think you would get the same reception on any board where you treat the members with similar disrespect.

The car will work fine with any spur so long as you can get two screws into the spur. Every spur I owned for the past 25 years with holes in it will work with this car. Just be sure to use a dab of blue thread locker if you are using two screws.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #459
Tech Elite

Quote:
More than once I asked to terminate my account and delete all of my messages. Again I urge you to do so. Thank you for the effort.

Best Regards,

Ken Sei
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #460
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
My point proven.
Don't even have to do that myself, as it seems.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #461
Tech Elite

Quote:
My point proven.
Don't even have to do that myself, as it seems.
Take it any way you like, buddy.

Any spur that fits xray fits hotbodies, so good luck on your quest for.whatever.

Bye!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #462
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Take pictures of the joints of your front driveshafts out and in the car showing them as they are being turned. 99.99% of the time we always run DCJ's up front.
Thanks Fred. I'll go ahead and rebuild the drive shaft + joint on that side and see if that fixes the issue, I'll take some photos as you suggested if the problem persists.

Also are these the dcj's you are using or are there other ones specifically for the TCXX?

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=67699&lang=en

edit: I did a thread search and it sounds like you need different outdrives to use the dcj's? I apologize for my noobiness. Still trying to wrap my head around all the terminology and concepts. Will using DCJ's make things easier in the long run?

Last edited by Yukie; 11-04-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Yukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #463
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Please pick something other than x-ray. That board already has RCKnight to deal with. Adding another moron is not what they need.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #464
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

Maybe TT01 forum might be more suited?

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #465
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Please pick something other than x-ray. That board already has RCKnight to deal with. Adding another moron is not what they need.
And again, my point proven.
Thank you sir, for making it this easy.